Page 1 of 1

OOC - Chapter Six - A Shock in the Lightest Night

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:20 am
by Raiko
Everyone has just had a very busy few days, your characters are tired and must make a successful POWx3 check for the alarm to wake them.

Otherwise they must be roused by others.

The alarm bell is the automatic mayday alarm attached to the base camp’s radio in the West-most hut. Everyone has been trained to recognise the alarm, which automatically rings if a mayday signal is detected.

Re: OOC - Chapter Six - A Shock in the Lightest Night

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:39 am
by Decrepit
Lovely--missed it by 1. Guess Kitt'll have to roll over and wake Jack. :P

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:11 am
by Dave Syrinx

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:26 pm
by Raiko
Hmm, let’s hope someone passes the roll. :lol:

I’ll post again as soon as someone passes their POW roll, but if nobody has passed by about midnight tonight (UK time) then I’ll have NPCs rouse those who have already rolled.

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:17 pm
by Ghost_1971
POW x 3 Check (1d100=57)

Oh well :roll:

Callum must be reeeeaaly tired....

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:18 pm
by OrionUK

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:09 pm
by Henrik
Olof is so tired and it's soooo nice to sleep... zzzz POWx3 (1d100=82)

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:00 am
by amarriner
Isugtag is sleeping like a baby. :)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1631203/

Rolled a 66 (POWx3 = 39%).

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:50 pm
by Raiko
I have the next post almost ready. I need to go into a presentation at work, I’ll be able to post after that (in a couple of hours).

Here are some rolls for the other PCs:

Kitt – POWx3 = 54: 1d100 = [64]
Graves – POWx3 = 48 : 1d100 = [21]
McRaven – POWx3 = 42 : 1d100 = [24]

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:44 pm
by Raiko
Syrinx wrote:Being awakened from his sleep by the stirring of other members of the team who hear the alarm bell, John staggeringly gets to his feet and tries to figure out what´s happening. "What´s up, James?"
Syrinx: I edited your post very slightly to reflect who John is actually sharing a tent with (the Sorensen brothers).

See the “Camp Accommodations” thread that I’ve now posted.

NOTE: The Lexington Expedition Base Camp is located approximately eight miles away. The SS Tallahassee is the Lexington Expedition’s ship.

EDIT: I’ll be updating my Chapter Six IC posts tonight from home, as I’ve now got a few nice photos of the camp to use.

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 pm
by Raiko
Henrik wrote:OOC: And I who entertained the thought of butchering the rival expedition in their sleep.
That's the spirit. Hold onto that thought!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:26 pm
by Raiko
I'm preparing my next post now, but I might not get back online to actually post it for a few hours.

Please hold off posting yourselves until I've posted, or if you do post please bear in mind the following: Starkweather & Moore both immediately agree with Callum and McRaven about the need for an overland expedition - so please don't all gang up on them. :)

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:04 am
by Decrepit
Raiko wrote:
Henrik wrote:OOC: And I who entertained the thought of butchering the rival expedition in their sleep.
That's the spirit. Hold onto that thought!
Hey, those are our replacement characters you're liquidating.

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:36 pm
by OrionUK
James doesn't like this - doesn't like this at all!!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:21 pm
by Raiko
Sorry for the hold up (Busy Friday + crappy weekend = sad keeper).

Anyway, I'm finalising that post now, and I'll post before within the next two hours. :)

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:03 pm
by Raiko
Henrik wrote:"Isn't there danger in leaving in the middle of the night?" Olof asks. "Isn't there a possibility of getting lost? We would not want to lose more expedition members! Shouldn't we wait for tomorrow instead?"
It doesn’t get dark at all at the moment. Everybody’s sleeping during the ‘night hours’ mainly for the sake of their body clocks. The sun’s lower at night than during the day, but there aren’t any penalties given in the adventure.

If you want to join the overland party then please volunteer in the IC thread.

Please also let me know exactly what your character is bringing, other than cold weather clothing – an IC description of your preparations would be nice, but an OOC list or a Private Message will do. You can draw upon the personal equipment that you brought, or expedition supplies (see the cargo manifest in the General Information sub-forum).

Although Starkweather has asked for only those with combat experience or medical training to volunteer, he’ll actually take along anyone who wishes to come – so all PCs are welcome to join the party.

The Lexington Base Camp is located fourteen miles to the North-East of the your camp – much closer to the edge of the Ice Shelf than your camp is.

With much of the sea-ice in McMurdo Sound now broken up, the edge of the Ross Ice Shelf now forms a cliff face that falls straight into the sea in many places. The Lexington camp is approximately a few miles from the edge. I’ll post a new scanned map showing the positions of both the camps tonight.

Note – The Starkweather-Moore Base Camp is somewhat closer to the edge of the Ross Ice Shelf than I thought. I think I must have underestimated the distance covered by sea-ice in McMurdo Sound (30 miles, rather than 20 miles). The temporary camp was forty miles from the base camp, so I had assumed that the base camp was twenty miles inland from the edge of the actual ice-shelf.

On the map showing both camps it appears to be approximately ten miles from the edge. The Lexington Camp is shown about 14 miles from the Starkweather-Moore Camp – which contradicts the adventure text (the text says 8 miles).

I’ve decided to go with the distances shown on the map, as once I’ve posted it, it will aid visualisation more than any text. So the distance between the camps is 14 miles. I’ve edited a previous post, as the sound of the explosions at the Lexington Camp would have taken just over a minute to reach you, rather than 40 seconds as previously stated.

I apologise for any confusion that I may have cause, I’ve gotten confused myself during the Gabrielle -> Sea Camp -> Base Camp move. :?

Once to map’s posted all the positions should be clearer. :)

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:35 pm
by Raiko
I didn’t have time to drag out my scanner last night, but I’ll make sure the map is posted before you depart for the Lexington camp.

I’ll wait another 24 hours for volunteers before I post again.

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 pm
by Charles Graves
Firefox test

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:08 pm
by Charles Graves
Hi Raiko, as you can see your suggestion to replace my bug-riddled Microsoft internet explorer with Firefox seems to have done the trick allowing me to post again :D I'm off to bed now but will post ic tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:21 pm
by Raiko
I wait until this evening after Charles Graves has posted before I make my post, I know that he lost a large post yesterday due to browser problems on his laptop.

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:49 pm
by Raiko
My post is very late again sorry.

My Grandma died at the start of last week, and my wife had a (scheduled) operation at the start of this week. Up until the middle of last week I thought that I'd be able to keep posting regularly, but unfortunately I was wrong. :(

Anyway my wife is back home now, tired but getting better, and my Grandma's funeral was today. I'm off work for the rest of the week to look after my wife, and I hope to find time to post, but I might not - I've been trying to find time to make this post for most of the last week. :roll:

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Take your time, Raiko. The ice is moving very slowly, so there´s no rush. Life on the other hand is rushing by, right? Take care and see you when the time is right!

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:54 pm
by Henrik
Sometimes life is slow, sometimes life and time runs fast. Take your time. We are only in here for amusement. We will not drop out of this game. (After all, I do not think I'll get another chance of playing Beyond the Mountains of Madness)

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 pm
by Raiko
Hi, I’m back again now. :)

Thanks for all of your well wishes, my wife is feeling much better now (most of the time anyway).

I’ve just caught up on the latest posts in my Masks game, unfortunately there isn’t enough of my lunch-break left now to actually make a real post.

I’ll try my best to make a post from home this evening, together with the maps and photos of the camp, etc. If I don’t manage to post tonight (it’s pretty hectic at home still), then that will be my first job during tomorrow’s lunch-break.

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:38 pm
by Raiko
Things are back to normal now, I WILL post everyday this week.

The journey to Levington's camp will require 2 or 3 posts, assuming that no major hicups occur. So hopefully everyone will see that we are moving again by then.

Everyone who's character volunteered is assumed to be in the party, if you didn't initially volunteer, but now wish you had then just join in. :)

I don't think that Amarriner can post just at the moment, so I'll look after Isugtag until he returns.

For now I need an initial IC post from as many overland-party members as possible, as you depart the Base Camp. I also need a "skiing" roll from each of you. This section of the adventure seems to suggest that skiing rules are somewhere in the book, but I've not been able to find them. So I'll let you use the highest of DEXx3, Climb-10%, or Polar Survival for the rolls. Only a critical failure will have any danger (though if everyone passes then the party as a whole will move faster).

The character sheets in the character sheet thread haven't been undated yet, so your polar survival skill is better than posted, and your climb skill may be as well. I'll be undating the sheets in a few hours, and I'll post here again when I'm done. For now just make a d100 roll, it will be checked against the highest of the three ratings. :)

There are some more rolls to make later (checks for crevasses, etc), but only skiing checks are necessary as you depart the camp.

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:25 pm
by amarriner
Raiko wrote:I don't think that Amarriner can post just at the moment, so I'll look after Isugtag until he returns.
Actually, I'm back and ready to go, too! Had some unexpected connection issues last week, but everything's cool now. Sorry to hear you were having some family things to deal with, Raiko. Hope all's well.

I've made Isugtag's skiing roll, too (5!):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1662097/

Should pass any of the three skills checks! :)

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:03 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Yikes! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1662478/ A life sucking mishap, awaits John....

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:20 am
by Henrik
Skiing roll (1d100=37) for Olof against his DEX (his Polar Survival skill is still at base chance)

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:56 pm
by Raiko
Syrinx wrote:Yikes! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1662478/ A life sucking mishap, awaits John....
This probably won't go well (given John's low POW score), but while we're waiting for some more players to roll, please make a luck roll to see how bad the mishap is.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:59 pm
by Ghost_1971
Skiing(Polar Survival)check (1d100=80)

I think thats good enough - just :?

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 pm
by Steerpike
Polar survival skill of 40% Skiing roll (1d100=8) :o

Still in the race ;)

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 pm
by Dave Syrinx
John is out of luck... http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1663395/
:roll: awaits the wrath of winter

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:13 pm
by Decrepit
Sorry. I was trying to figure out what my InvisCastle login was and still can't. :oops:

And a lovely failure with a 56.

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:00 pm
by Raiko
Sorry, had a work deadline unexpectedly moved forwards by a month. :(
It's done now ( :D ), so hopefully next week will be more productive on the forums (like this week should have been).

Nasty work...

60 Foot Crevasse, fall 1d20 feet between each climb roll! (1d20=16, 1d20=5, 1d20=2, 1d20=8, 1d20=5)

John needs to make a successful climb roll (at half his normal skill) to stop himself. He falls 1d20 feet between attempts – the crevasse is a total of 60 feet deep. (it seemed like a good system at the time)

These 5 rolls are for the distance fallen between the first 5 climb rolls, the rolls were quite low so even if you fail on all of those you’ll still have 24 feet left to fall.

At each of these points John bounces off the side of the crevasse, if he makes his roll he stops himself. Critical success means he takes no damage for that “bounce,” any other result means that he takes damage as though he’d half the total distance so far.

So that’s:

First roll: 16 feet (damage for 8 feet: 0)
Second roll: 21 feet (damage for 10 feet: 1d6)
Third roll: 23 feet (damage for 11 feet: 2d6)
Fourth roll: 31 feet (damage for 15 feet: 2d6)
Fifth roll: 36 feet (damage for 18 feet: 2d6)

If John fails all five climb/2 rolls and is still conscious then we’ll roll some more d20s. :P

For now, please make 5 climb/2 rolls.

Decrepit: Jack can give up with the skiing like Greene if he likes, or you can make another roll after the crevasse, to see if he gets the hang of it.

One or two “volunteers” haven’t posted or rolled yet, I’ve assumed that their characters stayed at the base camp instead.

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:00 pm
by Dave Syrinx
The saves went as follows:
Climb 1/2= 43% (1d100=5, 1d100=82, 1d100=19, 1d100=34, 1d100=17)

Only the second was a failure if I read the instructions correctly... :o

Damagewise, what´s to roll? The first was a critical success, some light in the tunnel!
(Did he actually break the fall on the ledge???)

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:14 pm
by amarriner
Isugtag will help in any way he can. Looks like Callum is okay, right? If John survives the fall, can Isugtag drop a rope or do anything to assist?

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:57 am
by Raiko
Syrinx wrote:The saves went as follows:
Climb 1/2= 43% (1d100=5, 1d100=82, 1d100=19, 1d100=34, 1d100=17)

Only the second was a failure if I read the instructions correctly... :o
You read correctly. As the first was a success, none of the others matter. :)
Syrinx wrote:Damagewise, what´s to roll? The first was a critical success, some light in the tunnel!
(Did he actually break the fall on the ledge???)
John stops himself, without injury, at the first opportunity. He’s currently hanging from his ice-axe 19 feet (6 meters) down the crevasse.
amarriner wrote:Isugtag will help in any way he can. Looks like Callum is okay, right?
Callum’s ok, he’s on the opposite side of the crevasse to everyone else, but you all need to head that way anyway.
amarriner wrote:If John survives the fall, can Isugtag drop a rope or do anything to assist?
He sure can. :)

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:20 pm
by Miss Scarlet
Dear colleagues,

I didn’t abandon you, and I’ll never do, not on my own will. But I went through a series of “happenings” (some goods, other not so good) that prevent me from enter the game.

First, I had serious internet problems; I was without internet for a week. Unfortunately I don’t have other options, so I have to “live” with this one.

Then, because of this, I had to anticipate my work trip, because I need the internet to work and I spent more time there that I had expected. And although I have internet access there, I can’t enter the site. Not even my private e-mails I was able to access. New job, new conditions. We have to adapt.

When I came back, I got an infection, probably because of the last illness I had and it wasn’t well cured. I’m still doing some exams to search the cause of my problem. And because of that I don’t know when I’ll be able to dedicate time to the games, because I still have to work. I hope it’ll be very soon because I miss the games so much.

Hope to be back soon,
Laura

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:40 pm
by amarriner
Raiko wrote:
amarriner wrote:If John survives the fall, can Isugtag drop a rope or do anything to assist?
Isugtag wouldn't mind using the rope to drop down to John, but I wasn't sure what stat to use and if there was someone else more fit around the crevasse?

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Get well, Laura/Jenn! The pace on the boards are like a reversed timeline from Donaldson´s The Land Chronicles. A month in real life is but a few ticks in game time :) . (Exceptions confirms the rule)
So, the explorers will head deeper into the wasteland of myth and we´ll be seeing you and your alter ego, when times are better!
/ Dave

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:01 pm
by Raiko
amarriner wrote:
Raiko wrote:
Isugtag wouldn't mind using the rope to drop down to John, but I wasn't sure what stat to use and if there was someone else more fit around the crevasse?
No skill roll required to get a rope down to John.

Anyone actually using a rope needs to make a climb x2 check. John’s skill is high enough to only fail on a 00 roll.

There’s nowhere to tie the rope, so you’ll have to brace yourselves while John climbs up (STR vs SIZE resistance check), but there’s enough of you that you shouldn’t be able to fail.
Miss Scarlet wrote:Dear colleagues,

I didn’t abandon you, and I’ll never do, not on my own will. But I went through a series of “happenings” (some goods, other not so good) that prevent me from enter the game.

First, I had serious internet problems; I was without internet for a week. Unfortunately I don’t have other options, so I have to “live” with this one.

Then, because of this, I had to anticipate my work trip, because I need the internet to work and I spent more time there that I had expected. And although I have internet access there, I can’t enter the site. Not even my private e-mails I was able to access. New job, new conditions. We have to adapt.

When I came back, I got an infection, probably because of the last illness I had and it wasn’t well cured. I’m still doing some exams to search the cause of my problem. And because of that I don’t know when I’ll be able to dedicate time to the games, because I still have to work. I hope it’ll be very soon because I miss the games so much.

Hope to be back soon,
Laura
Get well soon Laura.

As Syrinx said there's no hurry. Kitt will hopefully still be alive and sane when you're recovered.

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:25 pm
by Dave Syrinx
John uses the lowered rope: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1675705/
And it´s a natural success!

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:18 pm
by Raiko
I’ll wait 24 hours to give anyone else who wants to post a chance, then we’ll get on with the overland trek.

Ghost_1971 is away for the next week or so, so I’ll NPC Callum until he gets back.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:34 am
by Henrik
I'm moving so I won't post as Olof for a couple of weeks.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:53 pm
by Raiko
Good luck with your move Henrik. :)

I've just got home, I'll be posting later tonight.

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:17 am
by Raiko
Please could anyone on the rescue party make an IC post before we continue, so that I can see who’s definitely available and who might need “NPCing”. 8-)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:13 pm
by Ghost_1971
Hi Raiko. Thx for looking after Callum for me :)

Just gonna post IC now

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:39 pm
by amarriner
Sorry I missed posted after your Friday post, Raiko. Just posted after todays. I'm going to be away beginning this Friday and through the following week so I won't be able to post. I should be back on the 18th and can begin again then. Sorry about that, but feel free to NPC Isugtag as necessary. Thanks!

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:44 am
by Raiko
I've had a busy couple of days at work. Should have chance to make a post tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:02 pm
by Raiko
Sorry for yet another hold up.
Please could you all make spot hidden rolls.

I've got some photos to post of the the Lexington Expedition, but it looks better if I post them via imageshack, so I'll update my posts when I get home. :)

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:58 pm
by Steerpike

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:07 pm
by Dave Syrinx
John surveys the camp site.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:30 pm
by Ghost_1971

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:09 pm
by Raiko
Please could somebody make invisible castle spot hidden rolls for Isugtag and Olof for me.

I’ll do it myself when I get home if necessary. Once that’s done I’ll be able to put up the next post after my real-life D&D session tonight.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:03 pm
by Dave Syrinx
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1699155/ I guess Olof made it quite nicely, a 3 rolled! Isugtag: 69

Cheers!

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:47 am
by Henrik
Thanks for rolling. I did not see that. I rolled myself and did not do that good. I'm back by the way. Nice to have internet at home again.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:40 pm
by amarriner
Thanks for rolling for me as well. I, too, am back from the abyss (read: vacation) and ready to rock again! :)

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:27 pm
by Raiko
Decrepit, sorry I forgot to ask for or make a spot hidden roll for Jack. I don’t think you’ve made one, but it’s not too late. Some of the rolls are being saved for later in your exploration of the Lexington camp.

Syrinx, I hadn’t realised that John isn’t acting at the moment (apart from surveying the campsite). Assume that he’s stood within earshot of Olof, Jack and McRaven, and that he overheard both of those Lexington NPCs

I’m still busy, but I’m going to try to post at least three times a week to keep the game moving.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:14 pm
by Dave Syrinx
John simply surveyed the Lexington havoc. Let´s go with the eavesdropping scenario.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:32 pm
by Decrepit
No luck for Jack on the Spot Hidden.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:32 pm
by Raiko
I’ve posted separate IC responses for each PC, or group of PCs. One big post for several different conversations was too much even for me. :shock:

I’m pretty sure that there is a post for each of you (in the rescue party), just scroll back through the last few posts to find the right one.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:13 pm
by amarriner
Sorry for my delay. I'll be posting ASAP tomorrow.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:05 pm
by Raiko
amarriner wrote:Sorry for my delay. I'll be posting ASAP tomorrow.
No problem, it's been a holiday weekend here, so I've not had chance myself.

I should also be posting tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 pm
by Raiko
Sorry Syrinx, I missed your post until I read Decrepit’s post and wondered what Jack was worried about.

I think you must have misinterpreted the other guy’s actions. Still it’s led to an interesting situation. :D

Once again, I've tried to reply to everbody individually. Just scroll back through the latest posts to find the relevant one.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 pm
by Raiko
I’ll give everyone a chance to post before the two “leaders” show themselves. I’ll hold off for another 24 hours or so.

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 pm
by Raiko
Sorry, I’ve had a rather busy week again. I’ll probably be out all day tomorrow, but I think I should be able to post again either tonight or on Sunday if anyone’s awaiting a reply. :)

If anyone wants to intervene in the leaders’ argument, then you to make a suitable skill roll – preferably fast-talk or persuade, but I guess a grapple roll might work as well. :lol:
Failure means that you’re ignored.

If more than one person tries to intervene, then each successive investigator must also make a luck roll.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:53 pm
by Raiko
If anyone else other than Olof and Jack wants to speak to the Lexington saboteurs, then post now please. I’ll assume that anyone who doesn’t post today ants their character to continue doing what they were before.

Miss Lexington will also head back into the hut in my next post, but now that Steerpike’s managed to split her and Starkweather up, I guess you can collar her whenever you like. :)

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:10 pm
by Raiko
Syrinx: I hadn’t forgotten John, my post was just to move Starkweather out of the way really – in case anyone wants to talk to the ‘prisoners’ or to Acacia.

As for John:

Make the following rolls: 1 spot-hidden skill roll, 1 listen skill roll, 1 POWx5 roll.

It’ll take John 15 minutes or so to check out the perimeter for anyone who's already sneaking about out there. After that he can stay out there for as long as you like. If he stays on patrol then I’ll let you know when here starts to get bored (based on the POW roll). After all the mysterious Germans are probably not within a 1000 miles.

Note: John's chances of noticing intruders will be better before he gets bored.

Charles Graves, OrionUK (and Miss Scarlet if she returns).

Starkweather, Pulaski and possibly McRaven will be on the radio back to the SME Base Camp in my next post – I’ll also be making a “what’s been happening back home” post at the same time.

Sorry for the delay for you guys, you can have your characters be near the radio or doing other things at the base camp when Pulaski makes contact. The SME Base Camp will then “stay active.”

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:54 pm
by Dave Syrinx

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:29 pm
by Raiko
Lots of separate replies finally! I think I’ve posted something for everyone, I’m going to double check now.

There’s even a post for Prof Graves and James back at the Base Camp. If they post a response then I’ll go into more detail about whats happening there – otherwise I won’t post for the Base Camp again until the rescue party return.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 am
by Charles Graves
I'm enjoying following what's happening at the Lexington camp. No need to post in too great detail what's happening back at the Starkweather-Moore camp Raiko as I suspect the important stuff is happening over there.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:13 pm
by Raiko
Thanks. I that case, unless Orion asks for more detail, I'll stick with posting about events at the Lexington camp for the time being.

Does anyone other than Ghost want to interact with the NPCs near them? If not then I’ll get on with the radio conversation.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:53 pm
by Henrik
Sorry for not posting. There are no excuse! When the shoggoths come I will be the first eaten :)

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:48 pm
by Raiko
Henrik wrote:Sorry for not posting. There are no excuse! When the shoggoths come I will be the first eaten :)
But not the last. :twisted:

Syrinx: Sorry, I’ve nothing new to post for John at the moment. I’ll let you know if & when he spots something. I’ll also let you know if he’s getting bored, and what difference that will make.

Anyone who wants to can make psychology or psychoanalysis rolls to assess the truth of what they’re hearing.

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:41 pm
by Dave Syrinx
John has the company of his bottle and the demons of the past. He´ll manage...For a while more.

(I´ve got no problem with holding my breath till there´s something on the plate. I´ll kill some PC´s, sorry, time in my own game!)

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:28 am
by Decrepit
Sorry I've been "out," sorta. I haven't been following along much or posting, anyway, for at least a week. Looks like the questioning went pretty much OK without Jack--these guys seem like they've got nothing to hide, given all the self-incrimination they're laying on. I'll try to be better.

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:25 pm
by Raiko
I think that we’re more or less done with this part of the story now.

If nobody has anything that they’d like to add to the IC thread, then I propose to wrap up this chapter with a long narrative post tonight or tomorrow. Sticking to the plot as written, two of the NPCs (Greene and Pulaski) will stick around at the Lexington camp overnight to help finish tidying up. Starkweather will return to the SME Base Camp.

If one or two of you would like your own characters to remain here overnight, then that’s ok. (Although I do unfortunately need at least a couple of you to make sure that old Starkers makes it home safely).

Steerpike/McRaven has actually hijacked the plot slightly with his gunshots, as Starkweather and Acacia were supposed to remain locked in their argument for ages, until Starkweather stormed off back to his own camp.

As the Lexington expedition, with no power and no ground radios, is finished without outside assistance, Moore and Acacia negotiate an uneasy alliance over the radio. This should have been done while the rescue party made it’s way back to the SME Base Camp, but thanks to McRaven’s “trigger-happy diplomacy” Moore makes the first moves before Starkweather departs – speaking to Acacia as soon as he’s finished trying to calm down Starkweather.

The personnel and equipment of the Lexington Expedition will be transferred to the SME camp as soon as the low-cloud clears. The two “saboteurs” return to the SS Tallahassee.

The finer details will be worked out overnight by Lexington and Moore, the first personnel will switch camps the following morning at the same time as any NPCs and PCs who choose to stay behind and help.

I’ll provide a more narrative description of the above as soon as I know whether you’re all finished here, and whether anyone wants to stay at the Lexington Camp overnight.

Assuming that you’re ready, then we shall begin Chapter 7 “At the Mountains” in a day or two. So you will finally get to travel to the site of the Lake Camp at the foot of the mighty Miskatonic Mountains.

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:49 pm
by Decrepit
Damn those PCs and their crazy initiative taking! :)

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:50 pm
by amarriner
Thanks for the link to the article, Raiko!

Isugtag will head back with Starkweather.

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:37 am
by Raiko
Decrepit wrote:Damn those PCs and their crazy initiative taking! :)
:lol:
There's been quite a few points of this campaign where it assumes that the players will passively allow things to happen.
I look forward to you guys finding the next one. :mrgreen:

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:57 pm
by Raiko
I didn’t get chance to post this lunchtime, so the start of Chapter 7 will be delayed by a day. This has been my first non-posting day (IC) on these forums for a couple of weeks, so I’m confident that I’ll be making the necessary posts tomorrow.

It doesn’t look like anyone’s planning to remain at the Lexington Camp with Greene and Pulaski, so I’ll write up the big post under the assumption that your characters all return to the SME base camp.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 pm
by Raiko
That was my final post of Chapter 6, unless any of your characters questions Moore, or another NPC. I'm currently compiling the first post of Chapter 7, I hope to have it posted later today.

Callum's overland expedition to setup a fuel cache half way to the site of Professor Lake's Camp will be departing in the morning.

They will be away for four days in all. I think that a few of you had volunteered to join that expediton prior to the mayday call from the Lexington Camp (I'm looking it up who was going before I post). These four days will actually all be covered by my next post, and no mishaps occur, so no-one will be out of the game for any length of time.

I've just mentioned the fuel-cache expedition so that you can take it into account if you post again in this chapter (as your already tired explorer might be having an early start tomorrow, on a 500 mile round trip by dog-sled). I'm pretty sure that Pulaski was one of Callum's team, he'll be replaced by another NPC, as he's still at the Lexington camp.

My first post of Chapter 7 will begin when the flights to Lake’s Camp are being loaded, ready for departure. I’ll be fast forwarding to Sunday 27th November, when the cloud cover finally clears enough to allow air operations to begin.

Both Boeings will be used, and all the player characters will be part of the journey. I initially planned to only have those who hadn’t read “At the Mountains of Madness” join the first party to check out Lake’s Camp, but I think there’s now only three players in the game who haven’t read it, so you can all go. :twisted:

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:51 pm
by amarriner
Isugtag would be interested in helping Callum, I think. Like you said, it'd be tiring, but he seems like the type who'd like a good dog-sled trip. :) That okay with everyone?

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:28 pm
by Raiko
Sorry, I had to change the overland fuel caching expedition to “NPC only” as written, because the travel times involved are much longer than I thought (10-12 day round trip).

Any PCs that went would miss out on the first few days at Lake’s Camp – and I really don’t want that.

I didn’t have time to complete the transition to Chapter 7 last night, so I’ve posted the completed part.

The rest is almost done, so Chapter 7 will hopefully begin later today.