chapters are archived here.

Moderator: Raiko

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: OOC - Chapter Five - Onto The Ice

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hi, ho, hi ho, we to a derelict wreckage go!" So till we get access to the ship´s interior we´ll play cards!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I don’t think that I’ll be able to post at all today - I should be able to in another 24 hours. :(

If I do get chance, I’ll post in this game first as my last posts were in my Masks game.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi everyone, sorry for the hold up - I’ve been a little busy (end of year rush), but hopefully I’m nearly finished now.

I should be able to post again either this evening, or tomorrow during my lunchtime. After that I don’t expect any more hold-ups from my end. :)

BTW: If any of you aren’t going to be able to post over the holiday period, please could you let me know. As I’ve said I should be ok once I’ve wrapped up my work commitments.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Henrik »

I expect to be busy having other things on my mind than roleplaying (like getting a job!)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Good luck Henrik! We, the rest of us, work on keeping ours! i.e: posting from work...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Syrinx wrote:Good luck Henrik![/color]
I second that. :)

If Syrinx is online, then John is definitely the man to try with the rope (throw skill 80+), please just make the roll, and post a reply to Officer Turlow.

If not, or if nobody else fancies throwing the rope, then either Turlow can try, or everyone will need to make Climb, DEX and Luck rolls while scaling the Iceberg.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Climbing the iceberg...target 80% (1d100=63)
Taking aim and throwing the rope and grappling hook in a wide arc and securing it for some ice climbing.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Heading up (after Isugtag?), Climbing roll, up the iceberg... (1d100=87)
TVblog

amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

So this roll is for climbing the rope, right? Since Syrinx's roll was successful we don't need to climb the iceberg?

Anyway, Isugtag's roll was ... not so good. :)
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1437623

Not sure if I should post in the IC thread yet or wait to see what the results of that roll are? Sorry for stumbling here. :)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Well my roll was barely a success, no great distance to failure there! But hey, I made it. Hopefully the extra rope will aid you in your attempt. Hold on tight to the rope, Amarriner. Both John and Isugtag should be used to falling off of cliffs, don´t you worry about a thing, he said crossing fingers.

We´ll have to wait for Raiko to put this together correctly. Could be fun!
TVblog

Ghost_1971
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Ghost_1971 »

Climb (1d100=70)

Piece of cake ;)
Steerpike
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Steerpike »

OrionUK
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by OrionUK »

Climb 1d100-> [88] = (88) :cry:

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1438144

James didn't like the look of ice face but hoped he would cope with the rope. If it looks like he will struggle with the rope he will tie the second rope around his waist to see if the other guys will give him a hoist.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

:oops:

Sorry, I've been much busier than expected at work prior to the start of the holidays. :(

I've finished until the new year now though. :D

I'll catch up on the posts and get things moving along again over the weekend - thanks everyone for trying to keep going as well as you can without me.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Jack is supposed to go over, right? I'm afraid I've lost the thread of the action here. If so, does he need to climb?
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

I'm a little confused as well. I thought we had two separate options. Either use the ropes to go up the side of the ship or attempt to clamber up the iceberg. I know Isugtag failed his climb roll, but I'm not sure of his current status (what the fail means). ;)
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

My guess is that you ought to make a dex roll to see if you get a grip on the rope again, or a luck roll. It´s your choice, whichever fits best. So make a roll at the Inv.castle to save yourself from a hard fall. Ultimately it´s up to Raiko to say how far up Isugtag climbed before the mishap. On the other hand it was no fumble...

To be on the safe side, make a roll and post it here. If it´s low you´ll be alright.

[If I´m out of line here, let me know Raiko.]
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Regarding the climbing roll, I gather that since John made the throw and climbed up. No one else needs to make climb rolls. That option was if no rope was thrown!
So, as I posted IC John waits for a photo op from the camera crew!
TVblog

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Everyone needs to make a successful climb roll to get up, but the rope doubles your skill (up to a maximum of 99%), without rope the hull would be impossible to climb.

As the default climb skill is 40%, and most of you have increased levels, then most of you only fail on a roll of 00%.

Failure means you don't make progress, critical failure (failed with a roll of 95%+) means you fall into the sea.

I'll catch up with the posts, and post here myself later today. I'll make any outstanding climb rolls myself before posting.

Sorry again for the hold up, I hope you're all having a nice Christmas. :)
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Crap. Man overboard. :oops:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/145212/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1448189/

Climb roll: 94%

(Not sure which of these links you want; they've changed IC since I was last there.)

Return to “Previous Chapters”