New Area Ideas

Listen. Sometimes it hurts to let it all slip away. Sometimes it's easier just to die. But how can we do that when we know that she's out there? Waiting for me. Waiting for all of us. If you would only find her, maybe we could finally rest.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

New Area Ideas

Post by Laraqua »

Here is where we bat around ideas for unique areas. The same player may play multiple characters in multiple areas if you like though that is not a necessity. Secrets found in one area may not truly relate to that found in another.

Anyway - two particular areas I'm thinking of opening. They're based off some of the creepier in-transit adventures and could be quite short if you like so you might not need to play long - probably be complete in a fortnight or more.

The Channel Tunnel Express Train - A busy train, sealed and far from the surface. What could be more cozy?

The Subway Station - Go down, down, down to funky town.

Five words with one of them: King in Yellow: The Musical.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: New Area Ideas

Post by Piano man »

A Highscool would be very interesting. I would definately be interested in joining. Maybe be a janitor.......oh wait I did that already.......ok a student, or maybe a teacher.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I like the highschool idea. I'm actually planning a high school area for an expansion to Zombie Apocalypse. Unfortunately I don't think I can take on additional characters. I'm already burning the candle at both ends with two; I can't afford to burn it in the middle as well!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A school would most certainly work. How about a chemistry teacher with an interest in astronomy? We'd need a few others first, however. Well, at least one. These threads play better, usually, with two people, though I could run a solo one. What do you think?

Hmm, really, Mr. Handy? Count me in! If there's no earlier readings, I can surely join. I wanna play a precocious and sexually active young woman and her sweet, Cancerian boyfriend!

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Dsigfuss would make a good chemistry teacher. He has a background in science. I am more the art teacher. that's what I studied in University.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That expansion's going to be a long way coming, but it may show up in Chapter 4. The school is located in Omaha, so I'd start it once the helicopter group arrives - if they make it there. I've got 41 pregenerated characters planned out (though a few of them are Keeper-only), with 5 completely documented so far. No prior reading would be required. A couple of the students are close to what you're looking for (though I don't know what Cancerian means): there's an athletic and sexually active junior named LaTanya Washington, and her current boyfriend is a senior on the football team named Darnell Jones.

We also have a science teacher named Chester Johnson DSIGFUSS might be interested in. The art teacher didn't make it in to school on the day in question, but maybe I could add one in.

While the characters are pregenerated, there is a lot of flexibility for the players to determine their personalities. You can pretty much have free reign as long as you're consistent with the character concept and secrets.

Welsh and I have been discussing greatly expanding Zombie Apocalypse and starting it fresh on this board eventually, so if we do that we could start the school from around 7:30 AM before things get really hairy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cancerian - star sign cancer.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I'd figured that, but I don't know anything about astrology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

I'm a Scorpio so beware
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cancer - moody, sweet-natured, romantic, boy next door, eccentric.

Don't suppose she could be courting a guy other than the footballer? Perhaps she's still with him but wants to ex him for a cutie pie sweetie?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Just because he's a football player (American football, by the way) doesn't mean he can't be all those things if he's your character. Of course, if LaTanya's your character too you're free to have her break and form relationships with other characters. She already has one ex-boyfriend, but she might not want to get back together with him. There are other available students who might fit the bill, however. Possibly geeky sophomore Elijah Smith, though he's a bit shy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ODIOUS
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ODIOUS »

Can we make it a catholic school? I have an urge to find a priest. oh this is Seppuku I'm too lazy to log in in my room.
A person is smart but people are panicky crazy animals.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

If everyone's happy with that idea. Sure.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

I think I'll leave the whole catholic school thing alone. No offense, I just don't like where that could go. Go ahead and do it, I will just wait for another one to start up.
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by paradys »

high schools a great idea, lots of potential for mayhem.

seeing as i work in one in RL can I recommend cruel and unusual deaths for some of the pupils...oh no thats unfair

anyway if the chance came up i'd like to promote myself and play an art teacher. not that i've got time to play another character. damn this game for being insanely good!
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
Seppuku
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Seppuku »

If you don't want a catholic school it's cool. I don't think you'd look to good in the skirt anyway Louie.
“Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it.'”
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A high school. Public or private? Okay. This all happens around 4, though, so it'd be just after school let out. Students would have to be either in detention or helping out with other things. Perhaps setting up for a school gala night?

Also, Piano Man, what were your protests against a Catholic school? If it's private, feel free to PM me or tell me if it's a secret.

Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

I have to agree that Louie just doesn't have the legs for the dress.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

It's always been a nigthmare of mine that a zombie infection would break out in a major soccer arena while I was watching the game. That would crazy huh?

P.S>
Zombies are the ONLY thing that scare me!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I vote private school so there can be a shooting range! That'd be your first mission: Get armed! :lol:

So, who's wanting to play and what character/type / role?

Return to “Ash”