Chit-Chat

Listen. Sometimes it hurts to let it all slip away. Sometimes it's easier just to die. But how can we do that when we know that she's out there? Waiting for me. Waiting for all of us. If you would only find her, maybe we could finally rest.

Moderator: Laraqua

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by TheKingInYellow »

Aidan's greatest fear is that his live isn't going to get any better and he's going to spend the next forty years depressed and too unhappy to enjoy life but too guilty to move on and find something that makes him happy.

Similarly, his greatest hope is that he'll be able to break the pattern and move on to find something in life (be it career, family, etc.) that he can enjoy and feel good about.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah's greatest fear is the death or loss of her father.
Sarah's greatest hope is to find true love, like the love her parents had for each other.

I've never played Silent Hill 1 before, and as far as I know there's no PC version. Now that I've got a PS3, though, I could play it if I could somehow find a PS version.

The replacement copy of Indigo Prophecy finally came in today, but I haven't yet had a chance to try it and see if it works. The 30 day limit turned out to be for unopened copies (just how are you supposed to know if an unopened game works or not?), but they let me exchange it anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

I don't think SH1 ever did make it to PC, but if you can track down a PS copy it's well worth the effort; the scares have held up well despite being two systems ago.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Yeah, you might need to eBay it. This is what happens when a game becomes more popular as the series progresses. If Silent Hill 2 sold more units they would have made more units and so there are likely many Silent Hill fans who want to see the original. I got lucky and bought mine from a video store. You could try to do the same.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I tried my new copy of Indigo Prophecy and the same problem happened. I did some searching online and found out that someone else had the same exact thing happen. Both of us are playing it on a PS3, and I suspect that's why - the game probably works fine on a PS2, but I don't have one. Unfortunately, nobody replied to this person with a solution and I couldn't find one anywhere else. It's an excellent game and I'd love to play the rest of it, but I can't get past this bottleneck in the story and on to the next chapter (the game freezes right after the vision of the murder in the laundromat and the girl).

I've seen PS1 games in fye, but nothing I was looking for. I'd also like to play Resident Evil 1, which I've heard was great, but a PS1 version would be hard to find and the remake was only available for Gamecube.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

The RE remakes strays from the original, but I would recommend it even if it means only borrowing a Gamecube for the weekend. It was a pretty intense experience, very scary and a thousand times better than RE: Zero that came out at the same time.
Wrl101
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Wrl101 »

Geoff's greatest fear/weakness:
Losing himself: his place, his meaning, his identity.

(He always had someone to use as an anchor, to know definitively where he is supposed to be, what he is supposed to do, who he is. Earlier in his life, he viewed his uncle as this anchor, even after he died. Then it became his colleagues. Having lost all this, Geoff is trying to save the others in the ambulance and to save himself, to grant him a purpose for being. All the same, he is still starting to crack up.)

Greatest hope/dream:
To achieve some kind of recognition. To do something great or, at least, right that would have made his uncle and his friends proud of him.

Also, on the note of RE:Zero, why did they drop some of the things that made REmake fresh? Like the defense items, for instance?
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Also, on the note of RE:Zero, why did they drop some of the things that made REmake fresh? Like the defense items, for instance?

Or fun, for that matter?
Last edited by TheKingInYellow on Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Jill's greatest fear is being abandoned by her husband. Her greatest hope is that he will stop beating her, will decide that he actually does want children, and they can be a happy family.
Zombiedla
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Zombiedla »

Roger's greatest fear is being left alone and not having anyone to turn too. His greatest hope or dream is to have the perfect lover and family so that he always have some one.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

No idea what this is for, but Ronald's greatest fear is failure. His scariest nightmare is being ripped apart by children after a bad show. He's also a little aftraid of his puppet Micky the Mouth. Ronald makes sure he locks him up in his case and buries it deep in his closet before he goes to bed every night

Micky the Mouth

Something that always lifts Ronald's spirit is a child's smile. That and Oreos.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

You get a skill percentile for each, to be spent on anything your character has recently done in the last few hours.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

DSIGFUSS wrote: No idea what this is for, but Ronald's greatest fear is failure. His scariest nightmare is being ripped apart by children after a bad show. He's also a little aftraid of his puppet Micky the Mouth. Ronald makes sure he locks him up in his case and buries it deep in his closet before he goes to bed every night

Micky the Mouth

:lol:
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

Greatest fear...hmmmm

I think Brianna's greatest fears have already come true....two dead parents and abandonment by age 9. However being trapped in that burning car again could be the next one on the list. I'm going to say she's claustrophobic, because of the car accident and being unable to get out when the car burst into flames. She would've been trapped for several minutes, considering how badly burnt she is.

Of course, I've mentioned already her extreme self consciousness considering her appearance, so being shunned because of her looks would be third.

Are we adding what lifts our spirit too??? Um....Brianna is a sunny little spirit that is always grinning....but in true kid spirit, what cheers her up is songs, stories, and of course ice cream. And what's better than oreos....with a big glass of milk.
Last edited by trixie on Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Woo! Crazy-sauce! Threats of violence but no violence yet. Wonder who gets the first taste of blood, hmm? Let the votes come in! Which thread will get violence first?

SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

I dunno, a kid torn to shreds and plastered over the floor and wall kinda already implies violence to me. ;)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I meant with the PCs, silly! :lol:

AdversusVeritas
Layman
Layman

Post by AdversusVeritas »

Hey,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I'm a library worker (government documents) in Texas. Other than that, I'm also a habitual gamer, a B-movie nut, a Godzilla fanboy, a Sunday school teacher, a brewer, and I just got engaged two months ago with my girlfriend of three years.

As far as the game goes, it really wouldn't be a fun game unless a few things got under my skin. Nothing is going to bother me so badly that I wouldn't want to play anymore, except possibly rape. For the most part though, nothing is off-limits for me.

Oh, just as a side note, has anybody else here seen the movie Session 9?

And, being a CoC game and all, I guess I should end with a dark confession: I actually like the Silent Hill movie.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

AdversusVeritas wrote: Hey,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I'm a library worker (government documents) in Texas.

Hi there.
AdversusVeritas wrote: a Sunday school teacher

the religious kind?

what kind of faith are you brainwashing into kids? oops, scratch that...

what kind of faith do you teach children?
AdversusVeritas wrote: a brewer

oh really? what kind of stuff do you brew?
choose your answer wisely. i'm belgian, we're quite serious about this kind of thing... a wrong answer and you'll be on my bad side forever!
AdversusVeritas wrote: and I just got engaged two months ago with my girlfriend of three years.

congrats!
AdversusVeritas wrote: Oh, just as a side note, has anybody else here seen the movie Session 9?

nope
AdversusVeritas wrote: And, being a CoC game and all, I guess I should end with a dark confession: I actually like the Silent Hill movie.

most of us do. :)
AdversusVeritas
Layman
Layman

Post by AdversusVeritas »

Well, I teach Sunday school at a Unitarian fellowship. There isn't really a lot in the way of doctrine or dogma, so I guess some people would consider it religious and others would not. I usually just stay away from the semantics and let people call it what they want. Beyond a few basics, we don't really tell the kids what they should believe. In fact, one of the basics that we do teach is that it is up to the kids to find out those sorts of things for themselves.

As far as the brewing goes, I'm a hops head, so my favorite will always be a good IPA. Other than that, I prefer ales to lagers, the darker the better. Right now I have a batch of pale ale brewing.

Return to “Ash”