Character Creation

Halloween Night, 1987. A year since the events at the Old Barnaker House. Memories have faded. Things seem, fuzzier somehow. Did that, could that have even happened?

And here you are again, on Halloween Night. On the outskirts of an old amusement park. On Halloween Night. Didn't want to be called a chicken again...

And here you are. Something tugs at the back of your mind. A forgotten memory. This isn't right. You shouldn't be here. There's a metal arch over the front gate, topped by large, rusted metal letters. The remaining letters spell out 'UNLAND.'

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Character Creation

Post by Mephistophilis »

Can you put your finished characters in the finished characters thread and I'll try and get the first post up later this weekend.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Mr. Handy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:55 am The 15 points of Spooky Stuff is an increase from the base of 5%, so Darren should have 20% in it.

I think Harry and Darren would still be friends. Harry might know Charlie through his dad. Since he's a psychiatrist, maybe he offered his services to help Harry when he was in the hospital. Harry would be in his Lt. Commander Data costume from Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think Harry would have gone to the amusement park to prove he's cured, and also because he wouldn't want Darren to go without him. I'm not sure who would have challenged him.
I failed all my Spooky stuff rolls so it's just the 10% I get.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Mr. Handy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:55 am The 15 points of Spooky Stuff is an increase from the base of 5%, so Darren should have 20% in it.

I think Harry and Darren would still be friends. Harry might know Charlie through his dad. Since he's a psychiatrist, maybe he offered his services to help Harry when he was in the hospital. Harry would be in his Lt. Commander Data costume from Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think Harry would have gone to the amusement park to prove he's cured, and also because he wouldn't want Darren to go without him. I'm not sure who would have challenged him.
I failed all my Spooky Stuff roles in the scenario so it's just the 10% I get.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

BoyBlunder78 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:26 pm I failed all my Spooky Stuff roles in the scenario so it's just the 10% I get.
You get 10% plus 1d10 Spooky Stuff. I might not have been very clear in my post. Then, if you'd passed any Spooky Stuff checks you could have checked for further progression.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Ahhhh....I see.....best remedy that then.....
Better than nowt....
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Prankster (sic) archetype for Riefner/CrackheadC. Feel free to follow this or roll your own stats/assign your own skill points. Also name and backstory are all for you to change or rewrite as you like.

Name: Paul/Pauline Laughlin
Player:

STR 35
CON 45
SIZ 40
DEX 70
APP 60
INT 50 Idea 50%
POW 60
EDU 30 Know 30%
Luck 60
SAN 60 (Max 99; 1/5th 12)
HP 9/9
MP 12/12
MOV 8
DB -1

Skills (passed skill tests preceded by *):
Be a Pal (10%): 10
Be Bossy (10%): 15
Be Sneaky (20%): 40
Dodge (1/2DEX): 35
Fighting (25%): 25
First Aid (30%): 40
Fix Stuff (10%): 40
Gym Class (20%): 20
Nature (10%): 10
Notice Stuff (25%): 60
Play with Matches (0%): 60
Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic (20%): 30
Science Class (10%): 10
Spooky Stuff (5%): 5
Taunt (0%): 80

Who are you?
You are Paul/Pauline Laughlin and you love a joke. Everybody takes everything sooooo seriously, they need to lighten up. You're always out for a laugh and love punching holes in stuff, uptight sorts. Mom and dad have laid down the law recently saying that if you got caught pranking a teacher at school you'd be grounded for the rest of the year, so you've decided to hold off. Halloween night, however, is a oerfect time for pranks. Hopefully you can get to Funland before the others and get to some real pranking.

What do others know about you?
Paul is the class clown, a practical joker and all-around smartass. They are always getting in trouble at school for goofing off or for playing practical jokes, on students and teachers alike. They always have got some kind of trick up their sleeve (often literally), a hand buzzer, joke gum, a squirting flower, and so forth. Their tricks often get them in trouble with kids and teachers at school, but he keeps right on with them anyway.

Attacks
Unarmed 25% (12/5) 1d3-1
Slingshot 40% (20/8) 1d2 (rock)

Equipment
Joy buzzer
Whoopie cushion
Flashlight
Lots and lots of firecrackers
Slingshot
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

I'll take those stats and skills. I'll give it an edit over the next day as I think on a little backstory. Only thing I see equipment-wise that could be useful or make sense would be either a book of matches or a zippo/lighter.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Great. Feel free to add in some matches or a lighter. How else would you light those firecrackers?
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Name: Dirk 'Dirt' Blokowski
Player: CrackheadC.
Archetype: The Prankster

STR 35
CON 45
SIZ 40
DEX 70
APP 60
INT 50 Idea 50%
POW 60
EDU 30 Know 30%
Luck 60
SAN 60 (Max 99; 1/5th 12)
HP 9/9
MP 12/12
MOV 8
DB -1

Skills (passed skill tests preceded by *):
Be a Pal (10%): 10
Be Bossy (10%): 15
Be Sneaky (20%): 40
Dodge (1/2DEX): 35
Fighting (25%): 25
First Aid (30%): 40
Fix Stuff (10%): 40
Gym Class (20%): 20
Nature (10%): 10
Notice Stuff (25%): 60
Play with Matches (0%): 60
Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic (20%): 30
Science Class (10%): 10
Spooky Stuff (5%): 5
Taunt (0%): 80

Who are you?
You are Dirk Blokowski, derisively called 'Dirt' by those that don't like you on account of being a messy poor kid. That doesn't stop you from trying to make a joke out of everything. You love to pull pranks, scare people, and generally cause mischief whenever you can outside of the house. When mom left dad due to his drinking and abuse, and your brother Richie left to attend West Point and get away from him, you became the target of your father's drunken rage. As a result of this, you spend most of your time outside of the house exploring and causing trouble.
This Halloween you overheard some of the other kids were going to check out Funland at night. You decided that this is the perfect opportunity to prank them, have a good time, and maybe - just maybe - finally make some real friends.

What do others know about you?
Dirk is a joker, a class clown, and all-around trouble maker. He is always getting into trouble at school by either ignoring his lessons or putting salt in the teacher's coffee. He can often be seen getting yelled at and chased off in town by some irritated shopkeeper or a group of older boys that don't take kindly to his jokes. He's always got a trick or a joke up his sleeve and seems to love to be the center of attention with a smile on his face and a laugh in the air, but you may have noticed that he never seems to hang out with the same people for long and always leaves school alone on his beat up hand-me-down bike.

Attacks
Unarmed 25% (12/5) 1d3-1
Slingshot 40% (20/8) 1d2 (rock)

Equipment
Joy buzzer
Whoopie cushion
Flashlight
Lots and lots of firecrackers
Slingshot
A Zippo lighter from his older brother Richie
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Looking good. I've sent you a PM about how to introduce Dirt. Do you want to add him to the finished characters thread.

Return to “Unland”