Episode 1 - Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate

Halloween Night, 1987. A year since the events at the Old Barnaker House. Memories have faded. Things seem, fuzzier somehow. Did that, could that have even happened?

And here you are again, on Halloween Night. On the outskirts of an old amusement park. On Halloween Night. Didn't want to be called a chicken again...

And here you are. Something tugs at the back of your mind. A forgotten memory. This isn't right. You shouldn't be here. There's a metal arch over the front gate, topped by large, rusted metal letters. The remaining letters spell out 'UNLAND.'

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Re: Episode 1 - Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate

Post by Snapper »

Max stayed where he was, sitting on the ground, face buried in his hands, rocking slightly. He said nothing.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Philulhu »

Charlie sniffed loudly, blinking fiercely, then wiped his nose on the back of his hand.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Well, it's gotta be him cause who else would come out to this junkheap at night except you dorks." Dirk says. After, he walks over to Max and puts a hand on his shoulder, "Come on poindexter, chin up, I didn't even do a good impression - you should have seen it in the movie. No need to be this worked up over it."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Max reluctantly dragged his hands away from his pale, tear-stained face. He pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped at his eyes and glasses.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Rembering Louis's costume from last year Darren nods, " I think your right Harry definitely not his style a d looked too smal to be Shirley. Why are you here Dirt? You seen anyone around?"
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Only you guys and the clown kid, this place is kinda weird. I only came cause I thought it'd be fun to mess with you guys though." Dirk says.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

You all stand around, facing off against each other. Trying to pretend you weren't shaken by what was in that head or Dirt's unexpected appearance (even if you don't get his reference). And somewhere just beyond the turnstiles there's a laugh, a child's laugh. Just for a second. It's impossible to tell if it was a boy or a girl.

But looking up to where the sound came from, the mist has cleared ever so slightly. And there's something emerging from the mist. It looks like a sign. Yes, a sign. A map of the park.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's convenient," says Harry, studying the map in the light of his flashlight and memorizing it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Charlie’s eyes narrowed at the sound of the child’s laughter. He looked at the others, then at the map. ”It sounds like someone’s trying to lead us in there… …” he said quietly.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Looking embarrassed, sheepish, and more than a little guilty, Max attempted to dust himself off and strengthen up. He sauntered over to the map, fairly reluctantly, and studied it.

"I really don't like this place. Something is not right here."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" Neither do i, Max, but two of my best friends are in there, and i'm not goimg to leave them behind." Darren says, his voice quivering, the act of bravado as much for himself as anyone else. sShifting his grip on the baseball bat, looking down at the name scratched into it. " I'm going in, none of you have to come in, most of YOU LOT shouldn't even be here and ahould just go home!!"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”You can’t be serious about going in there alone,” said Charlie, looking off into the park. ”If your friend’s in there, why not just call the cops?”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Max looked around. "I don't know where the nearest working phone box might be. Somewhere back the way we came, a few miles a ways, I'm guessing. I doubt there's a working phone to be found in the fun park."

"Then, the next problem would be convincing the police that someone's safety is at risk. Mostly, I think that's our hunch. We couldn't even really tell anyone much about what that clown kid is doing."

"We could perhaps report the damage to the Buick over there, they might attend for that if they're having a quiet night. On Halloween." Max shrugged, really having no clue how police prioritised.

"Right now, I really feel like I have a lot of good deeds I need to perform. Really need. So I'm willing to come into the park with those of you going in."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" Its Halloween....Hell Night... the police aren't gonna give a stuff about about kids phoning up, telling them their pals are lost in an abandoned amusement park...they'll just think we're pranking them. But ya know, go ahead..... " Darren tells Charlie.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Oh no, I'm definitely not going home... not yet at least." Dirk retorts, blanching at the thought. He inspects the map briefly, "I'll go with you guys, it could be fun," Dirk looks around momentarily as if looking for agreement, "after all Darren is right, no cop is going to bother helping us tonight... or really any other night." Dirk adds morosely.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Charlie shrugged. ”’sup to you. He’s your friend,” he said to Darren.

He remained sat on his bike, as yet undecided whether to stay or go.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He's mine too," says Harry, "and I'm not leaving without him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Past the map it is difficult to make out much of the park with the thick, swirling fog. Visibility is limited to a few yards at most. And it's eerily quiet, only the very slightest creaking or squeaking at times. Where gaps appear in the mist it reveals sections of the vast and elaborate latticework that makes up the support structures of the rollercoaster. Although you're now unable to see the rails up above you, they've disappeared into the fog. But the rollercoaster seems to stretch in all directions and according to the map it encircles the park. The sun has now almost completely set, and gloom is welling up into the grey mist, the last dying bloom of rosy haze disappearing under the spreading black like an ink stain.

OOC:   On that map the entrance and turnstiles are at number 2. Number 1 indicates the parking lot. The map is painted on a free standing sign just beyond the entrance.  

In the distance, just peaking out of the fog, there's a flash of red. High up. Yes, there it is again. Looks like a red balloon. Must be a helium balloon. Rising up through the fog. Somewhere in among the rollercoaster support structure.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Darren sees nothing unusual...Well other than the obvious. "Right lets go and pay our way in." He says looking at the map before heading off towards the turnstiles.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think there's anyone here any more to take our money," says Harry, following.

Notice Stuff roll (43% skill) at the park entrance:
d%
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Unland”