Pre-Gens

October 1986. Contact with Exxon Pumping Station #31 in British Columbia has been lost and a rescue team has been assembled.

The environmental activist group, North Wind, had threatened to bring operations to a halt. Could they be behind this sudden communication failure, or is something else going on?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Pre-Gens

Post by Philulhu »

Here are the pre-gens for the investigation. The team are being sent in to investigate why contact has been lost with pumping station #31 so they’ve been drafted with that situation in mind.

Take a look and let me know which one you would like to play. Any skills not listed in the description are assumed to be at the base value (7th edition).

Amanda Drake - Security - Team Leader

Benjamin Shepherd - Security

Gavin Holt - Wilderness Guide

Harold Cain - Electrical Engineer

Isaac Sanders - Mechanic/Engineer

Morris Freeman - Bush Pilot

Nathaniel Boyer - Exxon Representative

Randolph Booth - Security/Medic

If you want the character but want to change the name, gender, race, etc. then I’ve no problem with that. We’ll have a separate thread with all your skills listed and that will be the one we refer to.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: Pre-Gens

Post by Joajackson »

One quick question, what is the base value for EDU in 7th? Or I am just not seeing where is in the pre-gens?
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

I may be wrong but there is no base EDU, I think its usually 3d6+3?
Lost_King
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 8 months

Post by Lost_King »

Keeper’s Rulebook chapter 3: page 31.
Investigator Handbook chapter 3: page 45.

EDU (Education): Roll 2D6+6 and multiply by 5 to generate an Education Characteristic.

As far as I can tell, the pregens don’t have an Education Characteristic listed, which could be problematic for calculating the default proficiency at the “Own Language” skill. However, the education characteristic could be deduced by reverse engineering the skills available to the pregens and their respective occupations on an individual basis.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

I hadn’t spotted the lack of an EDU stat, to be honest! It is a BRP/7th Ed. CoC scenario so surprised it’s not there (unless EDU doesn’t feature in BRP - does anyone know?)

Either way, unless it can be reverse engineered from Own Language (which a number of pre-gens appear to have) then you can roll 2d6+6 x 5 to determine it.

When I referred to skills, I was referring to Accounting (05%), Animal Handling (05%), etc. If it isn’t the pre-gen description, then the basic skill in the rulebook will apply.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

To answer the question, EDU and APP are indeed both absent from the BRP. The Rivers of London game that several of us are also playing in is another example variant of the BRP. And indeed none of our characters in that game have the above stats.

(In fact, in the RoL BRP variant, the characters lose SIZ too.)

Return to “The Pipeline”