The Debrief

October 1986. Contact with Exxon Pumping Station #31 in British Columbia has been lost and a rescue team has been assembled.

The environmental activist group, North Wind, had threatened to bring operations to a halt. Could they be behind this sudden communication failure, or is something else going on?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

The Debrief

Post by Philulhu »

Here’s the place for all of your out of context chat.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: The Debrief

Post by Joajackson »

Well, hello to everyone who participates.

Do we just select pre-gens or we try to coordinate a bit about which to select? What you all think?
Lost_King
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 months

Post by Lost_King »

I think we should coordinate a little bit. Obviously, we’ll need someone good at fighting, someone good at talking, and someone good at researching. The mechanics are also likely necessary roles. As far as I’m aware, we’ll be able to utilize these roles most if we pick the ones that we already know something about. I see that one of the pre-gens is the designated medic. I personally think that I shouldn’t be the medic, since I’m new and don’t have a good feel for how much health is enough versus how much needs immediate attending. I am willing to be the electrical engineer if that’s a helpful role, especially since he has skills with computers and cameras - both of which are apparently important (according to the books, at least).
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Snapper »

Hi Team!

I think there is no EDU stat because this is possibly based on the Delta Green CoC supplement, which doesn't use EDU either (ditto APP). You don't need to reverse engineer to calculate a stat. :D

I'm happy to play anything, although I'd rather not play the boss lady (mostly because I don't want to nominally be in charge of the team, partly because I'm lazy and free-time-challenged).

For preference, I'd nominate to play the security guy, Shepard, failing that the medic, Booth. But if anyone wants either, go for it, I'm flex.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd think all the characters are coming on the mission, and any not chosen would be NPCs. I'd like to play Benjamin Shepherd, but I'm open to playing someone else if somebody else wants him. I could play Amanda Drake instead, but I have the same reasons not to that you do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Lost_King
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 months

Post by Lost_King »

Alright! Harold Cain would be my ideal choice. I love computer science, especially involving old computers, so the electrical engineer would be fun to play. I probably shouldn’t play Amanda Drake, because I wouldn’t know what I was doing.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

If you want to play Amanda Drake then go for it, is my advice. Ex-military, leading a part-civilian team? You can almost guarantee they won’t follow orders most of the time anyway, particularly if things start unravelling… ;)

A range of skills is going to be useful.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Done deal, Mr H! You take Shepard.

That being the case, I'm happy to bag Booth the Medic, if no one else minds.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Okey, I think I will take the Amanda the Leader.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you, sounds good to me!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

So, we have:

Joajackson - Amanda Drake
Mr Handy - Benjamin Shepherd
Snapper - Randolph Booth
Lost_King - Harold Cain

We have enough to start but I’ll chase the others over the weekend and see if they still want in.

I’ll set up a player characters thread so you can copy over your portrait/stats. (Mr Handy, do you have a template of all the stats? I think the last one I did was for Servants and that was 6th edition).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I don't have a blank template, just my completed character sheets, but those can be copied and edited to make a blank one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ok, thanks. I’ll take a crack at that when I’m home later.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

FYI - 7th Ed character sheet default skills:

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Much appreciated, Snapper.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Hi, well I've eventually caught up with everything. It was a toss up between the pilot or the wilderness guide for me so I chose the guide as he has a fairly decent cross section of skills.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Great stuff. Potentially we have a couple more players but it won’t hurt to start. Look out for a new thread as soon as I get chance to post it this week 🙂
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Hi! I'm playing also as Boyner the corp representative. He is quite a lazy guy, so he won't be giving order to anyone ;)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Something to think about before you start. You’re going into the Canadian wilderness so you will be provided with survival equipment (tents, rations, water canteens, snow shoes, climbing equipment [good for 150 feet], survival kits [flare gun + 3 flares, compass, knife, folding shovel, waterproof matches], basic first aid kit). You’ll also be kitted out with suitable walking boots, weatherproof trousers and parkas, suitable for the conditions.

You may also take some personal possessions but you’re flying in and space/weight is limited. For the security staff, that’s 20kg including weapon(s) and ammunition. For everyone else, the limit is 10kg.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Philulhu wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:36 pm Something to think about before you start. You’re going into the Canadian wilderness so you will be provided with survival equipment (tents, rations, water canteens, snow shoes, climbing equipment [good for 150 feet], survival kits [flare gun + 3 flares, compass, knife, folding shovel, waterproof matches], basic first aid kit). You’ll also be kitted out with suitable walking boots, weatherproof trousers and parkas, suitable for the conditions.

You may also take some personal possessions but you’re flying in and space/weight is limited. For the security staff, that’s 20kg including weapon(s) and ammunition. For everyone else, the limit is 10kg.
Do we then put equipment in the player character's channel?

Return to “The Pipeline”