Ch.2 Exxon Pumping Station #31

October 1986. Contact with Exxon Pumping Station #31 in British Columbia has been lost and a rescue team has been assembled.

The environmental activist group, North Wind, had threatened to bring operations to a halt. Could they be behind this sudden communication failure, or is something else going on?

Moderator: Philulhu

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Ch.2 Exxon Pumping Station #31

Post by Mr. Handy »

Benjamin.png
Benjamin.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 382 times
"No, but I've read the Tanakh," says Benjamin as he goes upstairs with the others. "You know it better as the Old Testament. The beginning of the book of Ezekiel describes such a vehicle, and a chariot of fire took Elijah up in the second book of Kings. It isn't aliens that fly these chariots, but angels. Angels are not cute little babies with wings that fly around and carry harps. They are big, beautiful, strange, and terrifying, and they carry swords, sometimes flaming ones. Most of them are good and serve the Lord, but some of them have gone bad. Even the good ones can be frightening, as they execute their wrath upon evildoers. I wonder if it may have been an angel that is responsible for this."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by Joajackson »

"I though I was going insane while proposing aliens... Now I suddenly feel quite confident in my sanity. What the hell, Benjamín? Do you think this was done by flaming swords? Why would the heavenly host descend to this random place, kill a bunch of protesters, destroy the gates when they fly, shut down our plane, throw giant snow balls to our tents, and hang our god damn fucking pilot, god bless his soul, to the top of a tree by the intestines!!?"

Amanda didnt want to scream, but she found herself increasing in intensity to the end. She spoke a second later, seemingly becoming aware of how she had acted improperly.

"I am sorry... I, this place is killing me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Benjamin.png
Benjamin.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 374 times
"Not a flaming sword," says Benjamin, "but angels have plenty of other capabilities, and they do fly. I don't think there was anything random about this location. Something was disturbed by that archaeological dig. I don't really know what did this, but it could have been just a single angel. One angel killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers that were laying siege to Jerusalem."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

"The gates of the exterior wall were broken Benjamín. Wathever attacked this place, it did it by walking trough them. Flying angels seem implausible."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" That correspondence memtions they put the skull in a crate. Wonder if thsts what our riend here took? As for the leak.....wonder if our new friend Bill knows anything about that?" Gavin asks.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Snapper »

In answer to Gavin, Randy shook his head.

"Regarding the animal skull, I don't think so. The animal skull was apparently put in a crate in the garage, wherever that is. The box I found was in the supply room, was labelled electronics, and clearly did contain electronics."

"Leaving aside the lack of a skull in here."

"Earth First could have been the leak, but how would they have found out in the first place? They're environmental activists, not corporate spies."
Lost_King
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 months

Post by Lost_King »

Harold eyed the .38 in Randy’s hand with apprehension.

“I found one in the plane wreck, but I ended up giving it to Gavin. I usually wouldn’t be caught dead carrying something like that. However, given the circumstances…

Maybe it’s best if I have one, just in case. Not sure how much good it will get me if we meet any more creatures, though.”

Harold takes the gun, not without visible hesitation.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Benjamin.png
Benjamin.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 285 times
"I found an automatic pistol and a full magazine in the office, if anyone wants them," says Benjamin. "It didn't do its previous owner any good, though."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Randy nodded agreement with Harold.

"Normally, I would absolutely approve of you treating firearms with caution if you haven't been trained to use them. In the current situation, I just want to do everything I can to keep you all alive, even if it means arming everyone."

"On that topic, by way of quick training in how that revolver works, point the barrel where you want the bullet to go. Then pull the trigger. Repeat as required."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

“Once again, I’m right here,” said Bill, looking aggrieved at being spoken about and not to.

He looked at the email and whistled under his breath. “So what you going to do about that?” he asked.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

"Well, I think your group is responsible for this shit, so probably use you as a human shield to wathever the fuck tries to get us too." Amanda did try to seem intimidating while saying that, but she sounded mostly tired.

"Apart from that... Well, we repair that radio, call for help and leave... Or we go to that ruin and meet ancient aliens or fucking Ezekiel."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Looking around the room Gavin asks, " Has anyone seen what he brought from that crate? Whybring...whatever...here then blow his brains out?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Benjamin.png
Benjamin.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 195 times
"Fixing the radio should definitely be our top priority," says Benjamin. "We don't want to go out to the dig site at night, but if we're still here in the morning, we can check it out. In the meantime, we have the stuff they brought back from it. Maybe that will give us some clues. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that it was the digging that stirred up whatever did all this."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

“Really?! How the fuck are responsible for this?!” snapped Bill. “If anyone’s responsible for this shit, it’s Exxon - the people who pay your wages! We were here to protect the environment but you wouldn’t listen, and now you’re gonna reap the whirlwind, aren’t you?!”

There’s no sign of any electronic parts.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"Everyone just stop and take a minute here. Arguing among ourselves gains nothing. Someone or something has killed a lot of people. We all need to work together to protect the group and get a call for help out."

"I don't think anyone imagines environmental activists caused all this carnage and quite a lot of the people who have been shredded were the environmental activists in question."

"The stuff on the computer talks about Telegraph Creek, where we were meant to land if we hadn't crashed. And is 20 miles away. There must be vehicles at this station, right? Maybe we just drive there, call for the local police, the Mounties, the Army, everyone."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Benjamin.png
Benjamin.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 134 times
"Not in the dark," says Benjamin, "but that's something to consider in the morning. In the meantime, I think we should try to get the radio working."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"Umm, Harold, can you print those emails out before you rip the computer apart?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

There isn’t a printer so you’re not able to print off the emails.

You saw a building that looked like a garage when you first entered the compound. It’s the large building to the bottom right of the map:

Lost_King
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 months

Post by Lost_King »

No need to rip this particular computer apart, there are plenty of functional pieces in the server room. However, I still need a soldering iron, or I’ll never be able to do anything with the radio.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

"So, we go to the garage? I'm curious to see if any of them is functuonal. Because an animal wouldn't start destroying them randomly, right?"- says Boyd

Return to “The Pipeline”