IC-Ep 2-Lost and Found(Everyone)

Story and her companions, with help from Leonardo da Vinci and other party guests, manage to track down the automaton, which reveals that it is intelligent and can speak, though it says it has no memory of its identity or past. Will it prove to be friend or foe?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Lost and Found(Everyone)

Post by Snapper »

Jacques sighs. "L'Argot, you will need to work on training your strength before you might wield a sword or spear on the walls of the Hospitaller castle on Rhodes, defending the border of Christendom. I can promote your enlistment as a sergeant but there are men at the walls now with twice your strength. Old men."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”I’d rather make my way relying on my wits than have someone like you telling me what I have to do,” replied Gui through gritted teeth… ….
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"But yet," says Jacques, not sounding overly puffed as he lugs the armour, "You keep reappearing at my side like an African fly. I have come to realise that there is a purpose in this, namely, your wish to join the Hospitallers as a sergeant."

"We don't just need strong spear arms. There is a place for rat-like wiles in our adventures against Barbary pirates and Saracen invaders. You will need to build up your strength, however."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Gui barked a short, sharp laugh. ”Did you bang your head? Never mind the Hospitallers, it is a hospital you need!” he replied.

”Whatever fate of circumstances has brought us together, I do not know, but if you think I want to spend more time with you and your ilk, then you must be madder than fou Jacques, winner of last year’s Concours Monsieur le Fou!
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jacques smiles. "Of course. I understand. You hope but fear yet another rejection to add to the litany of thousands of rejections you have already received to every endeavour in your life to this moment."

"I am confident, however, that we will see you on board a ship for Rhodes before long."

"As an aside, I must warn you that you will not spend much time in my company on Rhodes. You will be drilled and trained in your duties by more senior sergeants, and spend little time even with the youngest and most junior knights. But there are endless possibilities for advancement, for the brave hearted. Who live."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Believe me, Chevalier, seeing less of you is very much high on my list of priorities!” replied Gui. ”But I must disappoint you, this time, for I have absolutely no intention of joining your in-Hospitallers!”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"But of course. You need say no more." Jacques continues smiling and focuses on armour removalist duties.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Gui just rolled his eyes and shook his head. Clearly the fool was deluded.
StarSpawn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Post by StarSpawn »

*smiling*
  (Thinking to herself) Now there's a budding bromance if I ever saw one...  

Then she says, "I will walk ahead to clear any potential concerns that may obstruct our path back to The Master's chambers."
And proceeds to double-time it ahead of the armorcade in hopes of deterring any potential deterrents to the goal.
Don't make me bare my bodkin! 🐙
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Elizabeth stops at the armoury to drop off GUI’s sword.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story led the way out of the armory and back to the intersection in the hall. Jacques and Gui carried the automaton between them through the vestibule behind her, where Elizabeth returned the borrowed blade to its place on a weapon rack, Brook and Diego close behind her, and Leonardo da Vinci bringing up the rear.

The servant Henri approached Story from straight ahead, in the direction of the dining hall. "Ah, there you are," he said. "I was looking for you and your friends. Supper is about to start in a few minutes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”If you stand aside then I’m sure we can be ready in time!” puffed Gui, who didn’t want to carry the automaton any longer than he absolutely had to!
StarSpawn
Layman
Layman

Post by StarSpawn »

"Ah, yes, Henri. Thank you so much for finding us and letting us know. Is it that time already?"
"Oh dear, but could you kindly be of some further assistance by reporting our party" *gestures behind her* "will be late to the meal?"
"We are assisting Master da Vinci with an important task at this moment. And then, I expect, we will have to freshen up in order to be presentable at the table. Thanks ever so much, dear."

After (assuming) Henri moves along...Story turns back to the party:

"Either we'll need a grand excuse to miss supper entirely, elect someone to armor-sit during supper, or we'll have to leave IT alone for a while. Any suggestions?"
Last edited by StarSpawn on Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Very good, Mademoiselle," said Henri, turning around and heading back to the dining hall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jacques looks over at Story as he ambles along with the armour. "Madam, I am the last Frenchman looking to have less ladies at table, however, you ladies from Narnia are a last minute addition to the guest list. I would suggest you are least likely to cause a stir by not being at dinner."

"Do not ladies frequently suffer from headaches and suchlike maladies, requiring your brief retirement to your rooms?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Gui winced, wondering how far Jacques was going to pursue this line of conversation! There are certain things that a gentleman did well to stay clear of, and a woman’s maladies was high on the list!
StarSpawn
Layman
Layman

Post by StarSpawn »

Not having been a woman for very much time, Story doesn't realize "she" has any affiliation to this topic...

*shrugs*
"I suppose you're right? We could stay while you men-folk go to supper. When you arrive, just pass along that..."
*realizes she has no ideas what to say next and looks desperately for help from her lady-companions* :o
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“… the ladies of Narnia send their apologies. Brook is feeling unwell. Master da Vinci has kindly lent us his studio to rest in and, er, read some poetry.” Elizabeth finishes, rather lamely.
“Although I’m open to better suggestions.”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. No gentleman will ask any questions."

"Ah, my apologies if that suggestion was ill mannered. The only women I have spent much time conversing with the last few years are the daughters of Rhodian fishermen and merchants. I'm sure I have become so impolite, my own mother should not recognise me."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”If that is settled, may we move on? I fear my arms may be torn from their sockets if we must stand here much longer!” grumbled Gui.

Return to “Episode 2”