Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 2-Mysteries(Everyone)

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Duc's Palace, Entry Hall - Vyones, Auvergne, France
5:05 PM - Monday, April 20, 1517

As Gui and Jean Luc crossed the entry hall and followed the larger group, some of them looked back and saw them.

Re: IC-Ep 2-Mysteries(Everyone)

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:37 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques looks at Elizabeth and the others. "Did they have time to steal the device, hide it, and find their way back through the maze?"

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:45 pm
by aine
“I can’t imagine so; unless Gui is a fiendishly good navigator, a strong man and a rocket engineer...” Elizabeth watches Gui and Jean Luc approach.
“And Jean Luc a brilliant poker player.” She smiles, watching their expressions carefully.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:33 pm
by Philulhu
”Ladies,” said Gui with a bow as he approached, ignoring Jacques completely. ”How did you find the heart of the maze?”

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Elizabeth (and other members of the TARDIS crew) may roll Psychology. Everyone else may roll Insight.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:19 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

1d%H75%
OOC:   Success.  

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:31 am
by Philulhu
Insight (40%) 1d100

Edit: Clueless as ever… :(

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy

Jacques could tell that Gui and Jean Luc seemed genuinely surprised to hear of the missing device.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:11 pm
by aine
“It was a novel experience but we found a rather disturbing statue at its centre. You found your way out quickly.” Elizabeth replies.
Roll: 53 fail

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:11 pm
by Philulhu
Gui shrugged. ”What can I say?” he replied with an insouciant grin.

”I’m at a loss as to what to say about the statue. The rich have… different tastes!”

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:38 pm
by aine
“Very true. And you don’t happen to have seen the automaton wandering about? It’s gone missing. We are looking for clues.” Says Elizabeth.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:47 pm
by Philulhu
”Automaton?” said Gui, miming the chopping action that had done for the thief. Non, we have not seen it mademoiselle, he replied.

”When did it go missing?”

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
"The last time I saw it was at around ten o'clock this morning, when we left to go to the library," said Leonardo. "I didn't return to my chambers until just recently, when it was gone. It must have disappeared somewhere in the intervening time."

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 am
by Philulhu
”How could it have disappeared, Monsieur?” Gui asked Da Vinci. ”Could it have moved itself?”

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:40 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques thinks for a minute. "Perhaps we might begin by returning to your apartment, Master? The thief may have left behind some track or trace that may assist us?"

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy
"It is not capable of moving on its own, Monsieur," said Leonardo. "That is beyond even my abilities. You are correct, Chevalier. We should return to my chambers and see what clues remain."

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:57 pm
by Philulhu
”Lead on, Monsieur,” said Gui, falling into step next to Da Vinci as they returned to his apartment. ”So, the automaton can only be moved using the box. Is that the only one, or have you made more?”

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:01 am
by Mr. Handy
"It is not controlled by the box," said Leonardo as he led the way to the stairs. "The controls are in the automaton itself, in the back. It would be interesting to have the controls be on a separate box. I would have to give some thought as to how to accomplish that. It is the only one I have made. I would very much like to have it back."

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:28 pm
by Philulhu
”Indeed. But surely such a fantastic but large and made of metal creation could not have been moved without someone being aware of it? We should ask the servants,” suggested Gui.

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"I can ask around," said Henri. "They will be more likely to open up to me, as one of them. If nobody needs me, I shall go do so right away."

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:56 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques looks at Gui with complete surprise. "Saints protect me, that was actually a good thought, L'Argot."

"Well, shall we head to Master Da Vinci's room then?"

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:27 am
by Philulhu
”I’m surprised you’d recognise one, Chevalier,” replied Gui disparagingly. He smiled winningly at da Vinci. ”Please lead the way, Monsieur.”

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:49 pm
by aine
“Come straight back if you hear anything, thank you Henri.” Elizabeth watches him go Snd then follows the others to Da Vinci‘a workshop.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:14 pm
by Mr. Handy
Leonardo led the way back to his chambers. They looked pretty much the same at first glance, apart from the absence of the automaton.

Everyone may roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:55 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

1d%pHdd75%

OOC:   Success.  

Jacques prowls around, touching nothing, trying to look everywhere.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

The room had been dusted at some point early in the morning, probably by one of the ubiquitous servants. There was, however, a barely perceptible layer of dust that had accumulated since then. Except, however, the very thin dust was slightly thinner in places. Some of those places no doubt corresponded to their own footprints the last time they had been in this room. However, there was one set of footprints that did not match their own. It went from where the automaton had stood to the spot in the wall where Brook had previously revealed the secret passage.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:53 pm
by Philulhu
Spot hidden (50%) 1d100

Gui looked around carefully but the distraction of being in Leonardo Da Vinci’s room meant he was more focussed on the treasures created by the inventor, rather than the missing automaton…

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:15 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Unconsciously swinging his sheathed sword out of the way with his left hand, Jacques lowers himself to one knee near the entrance to the secret door.

Studying the floor, he points. "I see footprints leading from where the Master's automaton device was to here." He points to the secret door's location.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:08 am
by Philulhu
Gui blinked away his mesmerisation and looked over towards Jacques. ”Into the passages beyond the walls? I may be able to assist there,” he said, crossing the room.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:33 pm
by aine
“Ur, do they look like men’s or ladies’ footprints?” Elizabeth asks, casting a look at Story and Brook.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
The footprints were too large to be those of a lady. To Jacques's trained eye, they appeared to have been made by a man in armored boots.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:51 pm
by Snapper
Jacques:

The chevalier stands again, frowning. "Men's. Armoured boots."

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:46 pm
by aine
“Oh, good.” Elizabeth replies relieved. “Not the automaton‘s? That was a man in armour.” She doesn’t relish the idea of chasing a knight down those cramped passages.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:38 pm
by Philulhu
Gui pointedly looked down to see what footwear the Chevalier was wearing, then moved forward to listen at the wall…

Listen (35%)1d100

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Gui could hear nothing on the other side of the wall. While Jacques did have armor, which included metal boots, the automaton was built out of a suit of armor, which also had metal boots. Jacques knew that the footprints could have been made by the automaton, but of course it could not walk under its own power...could it?

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:58 am
by Philulhu
”I hear nothing,” said Gui. ”Should we enter the passages to take a look? Presumably the footprints would not be too difficult to trace.”

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:24 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

"Master Da Vinci, to get this clear in my head, could your device be made to walk by a person controlling it?"

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:00 am
by Mr. Handy
"Oh, yes, that's certainly possible," said Leonardo. "Someone walking behind it could make it walk. If he were walking in the automaton's footprints, that would also explain why there appears to only be one set of footprints. Of course, he would need to know how to control it."

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:26 pm
by Philulhu
”Is there anyone who knows?” asked Gui. He studied the footprints. ”Presumably they would have some experience with it. Anyone trying to squeeze the automaton through the passages would have to be very careful so as not to draw attention to their activities.”

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:05 pm
by aine
“And surely it would squeak and rumble as it moved. It must be quite heavy.” Elizabeth thinks aloud.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy
"It makes about as much noise as a knight would," said Leonardo. "As for who knows how to operate it, I do, and Mademoiselle Brook does. Of course, anyone intelligent could probably learn how to operate it with a little experimentation."

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:50 am
by Philulhu
”In which case, Chevalier, it seems you are off the hook,” sniped Gui, as he examined the wall panel through which it appeared the automaton had been taken. He turned and smiled at the assembled people. ”Shall we go and take a look?”

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:59 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

"I believe I must pull rank and insist that I go first. We all saw the evidence last night of how dangerous the device may be. If someone has stolen it, they will know the penalty for thievery. Whether wielding a weapon themselves or through the device, they will not surrender willingly."

"Master, you are far too important to be taking such risks. You must remain here or perhaps advise the Duc of this. Ladies, I suppose I am wasting my breath suggesting you remain safely here."

Jacques draws his sword. "Someone will need to bring a candle or such like. And someone will need to open this hidden door for me. Perhaps I will get my sword practice today after all." He stands at the door, ready.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:34 am
by Philulhu
Gui bowed, more than happy to let Jacques put himself in harm’s way. He fetched a candle and candlestick from one of the tables in order to light their way.

”I believe the catches to open the door are similar in each room,” he said. ”It should just be a moment’s work to find this one…” and he started searching the wall.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I shall remain here and summon a servant to report the theft," said Leonardo.

"Allow me," said Brook, flipping the hidden switch to open the secret panel in the wall that she had previously found. The candlelight revealed that nobody was in the secret passage either to the left or right. The footprints continued into the dusty hidden corridor toward the right.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:33 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

"St John protect us all." Jacques pauses briefly to look both ways along the hidden passage, and listen for a moment. Then he wheels around to the right and starts creeping forward.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:37 pm
by aine
Elizabeth looks at Story and Brook, “Isn’t that the direction we came from?” She whispers. “Did we hide the Tardis well enough?”

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
Brook shrugged. "I don't know, I'm all turned round," she said.

"It's not hidden at all," Story whispered back. "It's rather big to hide. The servants moved it to our suite, so they already know where it is. Don't worry, nobody can get in without a key."

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:57 am
by Philulhu
Gui stepped into the passage, following Jacques and holding up the candle to light their way.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:26 pm
by aine
Elizabeth grabbed a couple of candles and tapers and then, picking up her skirts, she stepped in through the secret door after Gui.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook followed after Elizabeth, and Story brought up the rear. The group followed the footprints around a couple of corners until they came to narrow stairs leading up and down. The footprints went down the stairs.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:52 pm
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques pauses briefly, holding a hand up for silence to listen, then after a dozen strained heartbeats starts down the stairs.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:26 pm
by Philulhu
Gui rolled his eyes. Pausing for dramatic effect! Who did he think he was?!

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
There was only silence in the passages. Diego and Jean Luc followed the others through the secret passage and then down the stairs. The footprints led down some more secret passages, ultimately ending at a panel. Like the others, it had a switch to open it and a peephole through which one could look.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:40 am
by Philulhu
”Well, what can you see?” Gui urged Jacques, who was before him in the corridor. ”Whose room is it?” he demanded urgently.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:42 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques takes a quick peek, intending to then get out of the way so others can look as well.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Through the peephole, Jacques could see that the panel would open out into an empty alcove, beyond which a hall stretched out to the left and right. Directly across the hall was another alcove, this one containing a suit of armor, but it was not the automaton.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:15 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques politely steps aside so the others may have a look through the peephole.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:15 pm
by Philulhu
”A corridor!” Gui exclaimed. He looked back at the others. ”Do we go through?”

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:05 pm
by aine
Does Elizabeth recognise the stairs from before? And did they go down the hallway on the tour?

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy

You can't see much of the hallway without opening the panel, but it does look like the halls lined with suits of armor at the rear of the chateau that you saw on the tour.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:44 pm
by aine
Elizabeth peeks through the hole,
“I think that’s the hall on the tour where Chevalier Jaques admired the armour. They must have taken the automaton down there and then- and then hidden it amongst the other armour!”

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:22 pm
by Philulhu
”We must be careful, mademoiselle,” cautioned Gui. ”If the automaton is there, then we may be putting ourselves in danger.”

He looked over to Jacques. Monsieur, would you be so kind as to take a look outside? You are armed, after all.” ‘…and dispensable,’ thought Gui to himself.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Leonardo stayed behind in his chambers, at Jacques's suggestion.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:16 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

As quietly as he can, Jacques opens the secret door, then has his sword at the ready as he steps through.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:45 am
by Philulhu
Oops, so he did. I’ll amend my post to suggest the Jacques put himself in harm’s way instead…

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy
The hallway was deserted. It stretched out in both directions. A short distance down the hall to the right was the door to the armory (on the left side) and the hall leading back to the banquet hall (on the right). Beyond that, the corridor continued. Alcoves lined it on both sides, most of them containing a suit of armor, though a handful were empty.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:05 am
by Philulhu
Gui scanned the floor. Were there any footprints emerging from the door that might indicate the direction the automaton went?

Spot hidden (50%) 1d100

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:58 am
by Mr. Handy
The footprints led out of the alcove and into the hall, where they merged with the tracks of everyone who had recently passed through this hallway since it was last cleaned, and there were a lot of them. Gui could not discern the specific tracks he was seeking beyond that.

It will require a successful Track roll to detect the footprints beyond this point. Everyone may attempt a roll.

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:03 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

1d%10%

OOC:   Fail.  

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:02 am
by Snapper
Spoiler:
What was in the other direction, opposite to the hallway leading to the armoury and access to the banquet hall?

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy

You don't know. The tour never went in that direction. You can see that the hall going that way eventually turns around a corner to the left. There are more alcoves that way, most of them with suits of armor.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:14 pm
by Philulhu
Track (10%) 1d100

Gui tried kneeling down and looking across the floor but he saw nothing to indicate which way the automaton had gone.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:13 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Now that they are out of the secret passages, Jacques sheathes his sword.

He looks to the others. "I'm sorry, I've never been a great hunter, let alone tracker. I cannot say where the device went after this point."

He looks in the direction opposite the armoury and banquet hall. "We walked the other way earlier and it seems unlikely a thief would bring the device to the armoury or the hall. We never went this way. My instinct is to try this direction."

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:01 pm
by aine
Elizabeth looks carefully at the ground,
“I can’t see anything either, there are just too many footprints.
I would imagine there might be guards at the armoury so it does seem likely the automaton was taken up that new passage.” She agrees.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:42 pm
by Philulhu
”Let us proceed,then,” said Gui, bowing ever so mockingly to the Chevalier and indicating that he should go first.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
"Wait," said Story, holding up a hand. She removed a magnifying glass from somewhere in her outfit. "Too bad I don't have a deerstalker cap too." She peered at the ground through the glass, nodding. "Yes, I think I see where it went. You are indeed going in the right direction." She led the way down the hall toward the corner, crouching and looking through the glass, finally unbending in front of an empty alcove. "It went down the hall a short distance and stepped into this alcove. But it's not there now."

Story's Track roll (10% base skill) to track the automaton:
d%
Brook's Track roll (10% base skill) to track the automaton:
d%
Jean Luc's Track roll (10% base skill) to track the automaton:
d%
Diego's Track roll (10% base skill) to track the automaton:
d%

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:32 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques looks with surprise at Story's magnifying glass but accepts the result. He goes to peer into the empty alcove. "An alcove would be a good place to hide the device, at least for a short time."

"This makes no sense though. How could a thief controlling the device not be seen? And why place it in an alcove then move it?"

Jacques stalks a bit further along the hallway. "Where does this hallway go, do you suppose?"

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:47 pm
by Philulhu
”More to the point,” said Gui, ”Could there be another passage behind this alcove?” He stepped into it and started running his hands over the walls, searching for a secret catch…

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:06 am
by Mr. Handy

Everyone may roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:03 pm
by aine
Elizabeth:
Spot hidden roll: 100 whoops

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:53 pm
by Philulhu
Spot hidden (50%) 1d100

Just made it!

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:40 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

1d%pHd75%

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Everyone searched the alcove, but there was no sign of another secret passage, nor of a hidden catch to open one.

Elizabeth saw that the tracks they'd been following walked right up to the wall and then seemingly vanished.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:07 am
by Snapper
Spoiler:
Roughly how close is the time for the evening meal? Presumably, another major event hosted by the Duc?

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy

It's almost time for supper, and you presume correctly.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:07 am
by Philulhu
”How could it just disappear like that? It does not make sense!” exclaimed Gui. He went over the tracks again, looking to see if there were any other signs that it had gone in a different way, perhaps by stepping backwards into its own tracks and then peeling off to go in a different direction?

I’ll try another Spot Hidden, for what it’s worth. 1d100

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
Story helped check with her magnifying glass, but the armored tracks only went from one alcove to the other. There were other footprints nearby, but they did not match.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:33 am
by aine
“They definitely go into this second alcove and through the wall.” Elizabeth states. “Maybe we need to explore the secret passages further- try and approach it from the other side.”

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:13 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques is looking increasingly concerned as he turns towards the banquet hall.

"We need to make sure the guests at supper are safe. We know how dangerous that device can be. I must go to the hall now. We can come back here later to keep searching if all is well at the supper."

Jacques starts heading towards the hall.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:14 am
by Philulhu
Gui looked around. Was there a door that lead to a room that might share a wall with the alcove?

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
The locked armory door looked like it led to a room that shared a wall with the alcove. It was in the direction Jacques was walking.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:41 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques continues towards the banquet hall, visions in his head of some ghastly automaton led massacre.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:01 am
by Philulhu
Gui headed over to check the door to the armoury, rattling the handles irritably when he found the door locked. ”Can we get in here?” he asked.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy
The group proceeded down the hall to the T-intersection where the armory door was. Gui found that it was indeed locked. The lock was of good quality, as was everything in this chateau, but even the best lock could be defeated.

A successful Repair/Devise roll would be needed to pick the lock (or a Mechanical Repair roll from one of the TARDIS crew). Any attempt to break the door down would most likely result in a bruised shoulder.

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:42 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

"I must just check all is well in the banquet hall. I'm thinking about how easily M. L'Argot's colleague was dispatched by the device last night."

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:17 am
by Philulhu
”As we have already established, I did not know the poor fellow!” snapped Gui. ”Now, did you think to ask for a key to open this door or did that escape your befuddled wits?” Yes, I think we already know the answer to that one…” He rolled his eyes then knelt in front of the door to take a closer look.

”I was once apprenticed to a locksmith,” he lied, ”So I might be able to do something here…” From his boot he pulled out two iron rods and started poking around in the lock…

Repair/Devise (20%) 1d100

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:49 pm
by aine
“It might be worth checking the banquet hall, Chevalier but try not to start a panic- no one knows about it yet.” Elizabeth warns. Then she keeps a look out for roving guards whilst Gui attempts the lock.

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
Jacques walked down the hall to the right to the banquet hall, where servants were setting things up for supper. Henri also entered the banquet hall from the opposite end.

Elizabeth could see that straight ahead, at the far end of the corridor, a guard stood at the entrance to the corner stairwell. He did not seem to have noticed them yet.

Gui tried to fiddle with the lock, but it was too well made for his skills in this area (which were practically nonexistent).

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:22 pm
by Philulhu
”It is obviously a very well-made lock, mademoiselle, for even I, with my skills, cannot defeat it,” said Gui, breaking the fourth wall to stick out his tongue at the Keeper. ”Perhaps we could ‘acquire’ the key somehow, although it may be that only the Duke has the only one.”

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:52 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Jacques quickly scans the banquet hall, searching for the device.

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
There was no sign of the automaton in the banquet hall. Everyone was working calmly, as though nothing was amiss.

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:40 am
by Philulhu
In the absence of any other clues, Gui stood and approached the guard. Monsieur, have you seen Da Vinci’s automaton? Like a walking suit of armour. Has it passed this way?”

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:36 am
by Mr. Handy
"You ask me if I have seen an empty suit of armor walking by, Monsieur?" asked the guard, suppressing a chuckle. "Non, Monsieur, I have seen no such thing. Nor have I seen a man in a suit of armor, unless you count your...friend. There is plenty of armor in the hall behind you, but it doesn't go anywhere on its own."

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:09 am
by Philulhu
”I appreciate that a suit of armour will not normally take itself off on a little stroll, but this is no ordinary suit of armour. It is a mechanical creation of the inventor, Leonardo Da Vinci, but I can see from your expression that comprehension is passing you by so I will take my leave of you as you can be of no further help to me,” replied Gui. ”I will be sure to commend your watchfulness to the Duke when I see him later…” he continued as he turned and walked away, back towards the others.

”That bricon tells me he has not seen any walking suits of armour so it doesn’t seem to have gone his way, so unless we can somehow get into the armoury, I fear the trail has gone cold,” he said as he returned.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:35 pm
by aine
Elizabeth looks at Story,
“Do you have the you-know-what?” She asks her.
Mr H, I vaguely remember they had a key-tool type thing in one of the other adventures- but I’m not 100%

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Story nodded.

Story still has the sonic screwdriver. It will still require a Mechanical Repair or a Repair/Devise roll to unlock a door, but it is a suitable tool and will not require actually tinkering around inside the lock.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:40 pm
by aine
Whilst everyone was engaged with the guard, Elizabeth took the sonic screwdriver and quietly inserted it into the lock. She fiddled with it for a few seconds and then passed it back to Story. The door was still closed.
“When the coast is clear we’ll see if it opens now.” She whispers to Story and Brook.
Mech repair 35% roll:23

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:15 am
by Snapper
Jacques:

Satisfied the banquet is not a scene of murder, Jacques heads back to the others.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
It wasn't even necessary to put the sonic screwdriver in the lock - it was designed to operate at a distance. With a little manipulation and a soft, odd sound, there was a solid thunk, and Elizabeth knew that the door was now unlocked.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:17 pm
by aine
This needed an expert touch. Elizabeth sidled over to Gui and whispered,
“The door is unlocked- we just need to distract the guard so he doesn’t see us enter.”

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:02 am
by Philulhu
”From my experience,” replied Gui quietly, ”A guard is easily bored and therefore may be distracted by a member of the fairer sex, if you understand my meaning…”

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:58 pm
by aine
“Oh.” Elizabeth replies. She’d rather hoped to be in on the breaking and entering but needs must.
She walks over to the guard, ensuring his back is to the door. She smiles sweetly,
“Er hello, I couldn’t help noticing- er- how well your armour fitted. Is it made specially?”

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"Merci, Mademoiselle," said the guard to Elizabeth. "All our armor is made here, in the armory." He gestured past her down the hall to the armory door where the others stood. "We have an excellent blacksmith."

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:44 am
by Snapper

Jacques strides back, relieved to see none of the ladies slain by the automaton. He looks at the group by the armoury with some suspicion then notices Elizabeth further afield. He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I don't think I want to see this."

Spoiler:
Does the corridor continue past the armoury and banquet hall? And we still haven't explored the other direction completely, have we?

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:14 am
by Philulhu
”Needs must!” snapped Gui. ”If you have a better idea, feel free to try it. You could try to distract him with your halitosis or your unnatural fondness for animals…”

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:12 pm
by aine
Elizabeth continues,
“I suppose it must be tiring wearing it all day. Do they feed you well here at least?”

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy
"Oui, they certainly do!" said the guard. "The food is magnificent! I can already smell it coming from the kitchens." He pointed and looked around the corner to the right, which led to the kitchens. Indeed, the odor of deliciousness came from that direction. He was, conveniently, no longer looking back the way Elizabeth had come. "My shift will end soon, and once I'm relieved, I'll take supper."

The intersection is T-shaped. When coming back from the banquet hall, the armory door is in the wall directly ahead. The corridor branches off to the left and the right, and down both of them are suits of armor in alcoves. None of them are the automaton. Elizabeth went to the right. At the end, it turns a corner to the right again, leading to the kitchens. At the corner are stairs going up and down, where the guard is posted. The hall to the left also turns a corner to the left again at the end. You don't know what's in that direction, as you've never been there.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:54 am
by Philulhu
”Now’s our chance!” said Gui, spotting the guard looking the other way. He pushed open the armoury door and slipped inside…

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:35 pm
by aine
“It certainly does smell wonderful. Confit of duck and cassoulet possibly? And something sweet- apple? A tarte tatin?” Elizabeth sniffs and takes a step towards the kitchen.
“Is it first come first served for the choicest cuts or are you extra friendly with the chef.”

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
"I shall remain outside and watch over Elizabeth," whispered Diego.

"It is first come first served," said the guard. "The chef is excellent, but he owes me no favors. If you come late, it's still just as good, and there is plenty for everyone, you just have to wait longer."

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:02 am
by Snapper

Jacques rather deliberately turns his back on L'Argot, with a hissed, "Don't thieve anything." He heads off to the left at the T-intersection, and strides down the unexplored hallway.

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:50 am
by Philulhu
Gui snapped a quick bras d’honneur in the direction of Jacques then turned back to the armoury.

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:16 pm
by aine
“That’s lucky for you they treat you so well. What do you do in your time off?” Elizabeth asks the guard. She’s glad Diego has stayed behind as everyone else disappears; hopefully they’ll find something useful. She pulls Diego into the conversation figuring more the better for distraction.
“Diego, are the guards in Spain as well looked after as here?”

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:53 pm
by StarSpawn
OOC:   OK, I am finally up to speed and ready to wear Story's shoes! Here goes...  

"Well, we've done the breaking...let's do the entering...Get in there while Liz has that guard's attention elsewhere."

Story waits for Gui and Brook to slip thru the door and then follows...with a last glance back towards Liz to make sure they were not spotted. If there's no one else coming in, she will close the door behind her.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 am
by Philulhu
Gui quickly scanned the room. Was there any sign of the automaton?

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:02 am
by DragonTurtleMK1
Alright, I have finally caught up to the point where I am confident jumping in, sorry for the delay folks!

Brook makes her way into the armoury, following Story's lead and letting her eyes scan the room. She silently wished Liz luck in her efforts.

"Do either of you see anything out of place?" The young woman would whisper to the others in the room with her after hearing the soft click of Story closing the door.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:56 pm
by Mr. Handy

Elizabeth is moving to the thread linked below:

Diversion

Jacques is moving to the thread linked below:

The West Wing

Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:

The Armory