Page 1 of 1

In then plant

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:12 pm
by kabukiman
You arrive all three (Jalapeno, the sheriff Hooper and deputy Sinclair) near the gate from the plant. The place is quiet

Re: In then plant

Posted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:38 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno jumped out and pressed the buzzer.

"This place has serious security for a local power plant," he called back to the other two.

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:49 pm
by kabukiman
The chief was talking with someone and then joins you.
"It seems a teenager has vanished, a certain Barbara, but probably it's not related, she must have run away with her boyfriend". Any luck with them?

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:40 am
by Snapper

"Yesterday, we buzzed the gate intercom thing a few times and eventually some guards came out. Hopefully, that will happen again now."

Impatiently, Jalapeno kept pressing the buzzer again and again.

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:53 am
by kabukiman
You finally see a van coming in your direction.

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:27 am
by Snapper

"OK Chief, here come the goons from the plant. Get ready for bureaucratic stone-walling."

Jalapeno will keep trying to identify what make of handgun the guards have. And particularly if they have the new Glocks.

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:27 pm
by kabukiman
When the van stops, two men in black get out... and the chief of the security you met the other day. She is all smiling.
"Greetings gentlmen, sorry to make you wait. Please enter (the gate starts opening). Just follow us."

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:59 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno looked at the Chief and raised his eyes. "Perhaps they've decided to win us with charm? Let's see where they take us." He indicated to follow the guards.

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:15 am
by kabukiman
You enter the van., and it is a quick drive.
In the lobby of the main building, there is a secretary and 2 guards; you pass a door and then it is a lonooong walk in a corridorm with several doors. At the end, you have an elevator. You get to the -3 floor. Another walk and you finally get to what most be a control room.

OOC: (Feel free to make questions before arriving to the room).

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:41 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno nodded politely to all the guards and other employees on the way in. As he walked, he looked over to the Chief of Security. "So, you might be aware we spend a lot of time at the range in the DEA. I'm always interested to know what weapons other agencies are using, someone might have found a better option than us."

"So what firearms are the DOE issuing you and your security people? Any recommendations for a hard working Federal Law Enforcement Agency, who routinely face well armed drug dealers?"

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am
by kabukiman
She seems to relax with this.
"Well, I suppose that it depends what you are doing; we don't see much action here, so we all use standard equipement, but some people have more exotic weapons in their collection that they have bring when they were posted in Germany when they were in the army and they say those are very precise weapons even if not always as reliable as ours."

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:47 am
by Snapper

"Well, the Germans are famous for their engineering, can't argue with that. Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, VW even. Not to mention Panzer and Messerschmitt. And we all grew up watching Werner Von Braun on TV during the Apollo missions."

"Which German weapons makes do your people like then? Maybe I can convince my management to update our equipment. I know H&K, SIG-Sauer, and Glock all make good pistols. Word is the FBI is looking at the SIG as their new service issue handgun."

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 am
by kabukiman
"I think that with H&K and glocks you will be well served. Ah, here we are, time to speak the bosses".
She makes you a gest to enter.

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:01 pm
by Snapper

Jalapeno glanced back at the Chief, nodded and headed where the woman indicated.

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:58 am
by kabukiman
You enter the control room: it is full of screens and several people inside.
One of them asks you bluntly:
"So, I was told that you need some information. What do you need?"

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:06 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno stuck a fresh toothpick in his mouth. "We need to know which of your black vans went into the town yesterday, and who was in them. We need to speak to all of those people and we need to see their personnel files."

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:15 pm
by kabukiman
"Sure. Anything else?"

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:31 am
by Snapper

"If you have records of handguns issued to or used by your staff, we'll need to see those."

"Slightly off topic and unrelated to why we're here, the Chief and his department are looking for a missing boy, you may have heard about it. If any staff here happen to have seen a missing boy, please let us know."

"And finally, can I ask why the DOE is running a local power plant? This is small stuff, not nuclear power or anything like that, where I'd expect to find your department maybe. What brings you all here?" Jalapeno made a circular gesture attempting to indicate the whole of the building.

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:16 pm
by kabukiman
"Whoa, thats a lot of questions. About the first one, we don't have records of handgun, sorry." He seems surprised, hesitate and then says convinced:
"A boy missing? I don't know anything about it, but I can ask if our men know anything. About the third question, I cannot answer that, it is not your business"- He makes a big cynic smile.

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:06 am
by Snapper

Jalapeño looked at the Chief and sighed. "Well, let's get the records they've agreed to and speak to the individuals who went into town yesterday."

"For why the DOE is here, perhaps you could call the state governor, see if he could shed some light?"

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:00 am
by kabukiman
"Yeah, I can make some questions."
You are directed to another room with a table and two chairs; they have black glasses.
And you wait
And wait
The deputy sheriff (he is still with you) asks:
"You think they will take much longer?"
"I think they doing on purpose"- answers the sheriff.
And wait
Near one hour latter, finally, 5 guys appear with several boxes full of papers; they leave them in the table and leave without a word.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:48 am
by Snapper

"We are definitely getting the run around. Once again, why would employees of a pretty tame Federal government department like the DOE be acting screwy and uncooperative like this? With local and Federal law enforcement, on a murder investigation no less."

Despite this, Jalapeño set to and rifled through the records to see what had been provided.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:50 pm
by kabukiman
Make a library roll please.

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:23 am
by Snapper

1d%L25%

Fail.  

Jalapeño gestured to the Chief's deputy. "You might have better luck than me looking through all this."

He called out to the DOE security people. "OK, send in the people who went into the town yesterday."

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 pm
by kabukiman
The chief and his deputy are reading teh files.
30 minutes latter, three man appear.

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am
by Snapper

"OK, we're here with a search warrant and your boss has said you will all cooperate. We need every one of you carrying a handgun to put it on the table thanks. Then if you can just identify yourselves, your job here, and your movements yesterday."

"Sooner we get started, sooner we finish."

Posted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:51 pm
by kabukiman
There are 8 men. They all look very similar: tall, muscular, head shaven.