In then plant

In a small town in Indiana in 1983 a young boy has vanished. Delta Green received an information that it could be more than just a runaway boy. What will they discover?

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

In then plant

Post by kabukiman »

You arrive all three (Jalapeno, the sheriff Hooper and deputy Sinclair) near the gate from the plant. The place is quiet
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: In then plant

Post by Snapper »

Jalapeno jumped out and pressed the buzzer.

"This place has serious security for a local power plant," he called back to the other two.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The chief was talking with someone and then joins you.
"It seems a teenager has vanished, a certain Barbara, but probably it's not related, she must have run away with her boyfriend". Any luck with them?
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"Yesterday, we buzzed the gate intercom thing a few times and eventually some guards came out. Hopefully, that will happen again now."

Impatiently, Jalapeno kept pressing the buzzer again and again.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You finally see a van coming in your direction.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"OK Chief, here come the goons from the plant. Get ready for bureaucratic stone-walling."

Jalapeno will keep trying to identify what make of handgun the guards have. And particularly if they have the new Glocks.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

When the van stops, two men in black get out... and the chief of the security you met the other day. She is all smiling.
"Greetings gentlmen, sorry to make you wait. Please enter (the gate starts opening). Just follow us."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jalapeno looked at the Chief and raised his eyes. "Perhaps they've decided to win us with charm? Let's see where they take us." He indicated to follow the guards.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You enter the van., and it is a quick drive.
In the lobby of the main building, there is a secretary and 2 guards; you pass a door and then it is a lonooong walk in a corridorm with several doors. At the end, you have an elevator. You get to the -3 floor. Another walk and you finally get to what most be a control room.

OOC: (Feel free to make questions before arriving to the room).
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jalapeno nodded politely to all the guards and other employees on the way in. As he walked, he looked over to the Chief of Security. "So, you might be aware we spend a lot of time at the range in the DEA. I'm always interested to know what weapons other agencies are using, someone might have found a better option than us."

"So what firearms are the DOE issuing you and your security people? Any recommendations for a hard working Federal Law Enforcement Agency, who routinely face well armed drug dealers?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

She seems to relax with this.
"Well, I suppose that it depends what you are doing; we don't see much action here, so we all use standard equipement, but some people have more exotic weapons in their collection that they have bring when they were posted in Germany when they were in the army and they say those are very precise weapons even if not always as reliable as ours."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"Well, the Germans are famous for their engineering, can't argue with that. Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, VW even. Not to mention Panzer and Messerschmitt. And we all grew up watching Werner Von Braun on TV during the Apollo missions."

"Which German weapons makes do your people like then? Maybe I can convince my management to update our equipment. I know H&K, SIG-Sauer, and Glock all make good pistols. Word is the FBI is looking at the SIG as their new service issue handgun."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"I think that with H&K and glocks you will be well served. Ah, here we are, time to speak the bosses".
She makes you a gest to enter.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jalapeno glanced back at the Chief, nodded and headed where the woman indicated.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You enter the control room: it is full of screens and several people inside.
One of them asks you bluntly:
"So, I was told that you need some information. What do you need?"
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jalapeno stuck a fresh toothpick in his mouth. "We need to know which of your black vans went into the town yesterday, and who was in them. We need to speak to all of those people and we need to see their personnel files."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"Sure. Anything else?"
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"If you have records of handguns issued to or used by your staff, we'll need to see those."

"Slightly off topic and unrelated to why we're here, the Chief and his department are looking for a missing boy, you may have heard about it. If any staff here happen to have seen a missing boy, please let us know."

"And finally, can I ask why the DOE is running a local power plant? This is small stuff, not nuclear power or anything like that, where I'd expect to find your department maybe. What brings you all here?" Jalapeno made a circular gesture attempting to indicate the whole of the building.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"Whoa, thats a lot of questions. About the first one, we don't have records of handgun, sorry." He seems surprised, hesitate and then says convinced:
"A boy missing? I don't know anything about it, but I can ask if our men know anything. About the third question, I cannot answer that, it is not your business"- He makes a big cynic smile.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jalapeño looked at the Chief and sighed. "Well, let's get the records they've agreed to and speak to the individuals who went into town yesterday."

"For why the DOE is here, perhaps you could call the state governor, see if he could shed some light?"

Return to “Delta Green- Stranger Things”