Page 1 of 1

Hawkins-chapter 3

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:13 am
by kabukiman
It is 6h30 AM when you awake. You arrive some time latter to the police station. Miss Andrews (who seems much more high spirited than in the first day) gives you a message from the chief to go directly to Miss Byers house, he will be waiting for you there.

Re: Hawkins-chapter 3

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, and good morning!" says Alicia. "Let's go see him."

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:48 am
by Snapper

"The mother, I'm guessing. We got an address?"

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:33 am
by Mephistophilis

'She seems a bit happier. Maybe they've found the boy?' notes Rose hopefully.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"I hope so," says Alicia, "but wouldn't she have told us if they had?"

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:19 am
by kabukiman
Miss Andrews gives you the adress.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Alicia. "Can we get a ride, please?"

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:14 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno looked at Alicia. "Actually, why don't we take our wheels, save the department here some tyre rubber and gas. And that way, we've got everything we might need." Privately, he gave her a meaningful look.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, yeah," says Alicia. "Good idea."

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:16 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Cam we advance to the mother's house?

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:07 pm
by Mr. Handy

Yes.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:10 pm
by Snapper
Yup.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:21 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Yep  

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:10 am
by kabukiman
It is a quick ride to the house; you take the main road the east, leave the town and pass by the woods; you leave the main road on a secondary road and 300 meters latter you arrive. The house is made of wood, old and has seen better times, but has a small garden. Theres is also a small cabin near. There are two cars, one is from chief. You hear some shoutings like if people were having a discussion.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:49 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia heads closer to the house, trying to overhear the discussion.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:38 am
by Snapper

The way Jalapeno saw it, if this was a normal job then the parents would be high on the suspect list. The dirtbag dad probably already crossed off after yesterday. That said, he and his colleagues wouldn't be here for a normal job.

Either normal job or 'DG Special', the missing kid's home was definitely high on the suspect location list.  
Jalapeno got out of the car, stretched and started strolling around the property. "Doing a perimeter check first," he called to his colleagues, looking carefully as he went.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:01 pm
by Mephistophilis

Caught indecisively between Jalapeno and Alicia, Rose eventually moves cautiously towards the house, keeping a good distance back from Alicia, well aware her skills in stealthy movement leave a lot to be desired.

L25%d%

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:02 pm
by kabukiman
Alicia: roll listen.
Jalapeno: roll spot hidden.

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia has no problem hearing what they're saying.

Listen roll (55% skill) to overhear the conversation:
d%

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 am
by Snapper

1d%pHdd60%

Success.  
Inserting a fresh toothpick, Jalapeno started prowling the garden and outside of the house with eagle-eyes.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:06 am
by kabukiman
Jalapeno
You see that the cabinet is open and you quickly enter. There are several tools, books of history and science for kids... and a strange mark in the upper wall, like if it had been burned from the inside. Except it isnt burned: you simply cannot undestand what it is.

Alicia
You hear the chief shouting with a women.
"What do you mean the lighst are talking to you? That doesn't make any sense!"
"I'm telling you, Will is alone somewhere and he uses the lights to comunicate with me, I'm not crazy!".
"I understand you have been suffering a lot of stress and until we find..."
"I'm not crazy!"
"I'm no saying that Joyce, but you haven't sleep well this past days, and you cannot tell a story like this to the fed or they will think you are insane or worst."

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia continues to listen quietly, making a mental note to get this information out of Joyce.

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:08 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno walked back to where he could see Rose then indicated by hand gestures that he had something to show her (the traditional two fingers pointed at his own eyes then a gesture in the direction of interest).

Jalapeno will show Rose the weird mark assuming she comes over.

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:47 pm
by Mephistophilis

Strolling over as casually as she can, Rose peers inside the cabin and notes the burn marks. 'That's odd,' she says, prodding the mark, scraping away the material and collecting a sample.

H60%d%

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:32 am
by kabukiman
Rose:
You cannot detect what has provocated this; this kind of temperature should have burned the (fragil) wall or the cabinet itself.

Alicia
"I have put a letter with a lamp, and we comunicate by this way; he light up the correct lamp each time a letter to make phrases. It takes time. "
"Those are christmas light that light up automaticaly".
"No, they are not, I dont' have money to buy those. Besides I told you, I heard his voice in the phone."
"Your phone is not working, how could he speak at all?"
"I don't know! You must help me!"
"Help you how?"

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:08 pm
by Snapper

Jalapeno quickly sketched the design of the strange mark in a small notebook. He tried to figure out where the other side of the wall would be to see if the mark was visible on both sides.

Is the other side of the marked wall inside or outside?  

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:03 pm
by kabukiman
The mark is inside the house; outside there is no mark.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:22 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno headed back to Alicia.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia whispers to Jalapeno what she overheard. "I think I can get her to open up about what she told him," she says quietly, "but it might help if one of you can get the chief out of the room when I'm doing it. He doesn't want her to tell us."

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:30 pm
by Mephistophilis

Rose cannot understand what caused this burn. 'Anything this hot should have set fire to the whole cabin,' she says to Jalapeno. 'I'll test this residue later.'

She follows him back towards the house.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia quietly fills in Rose as well.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:27 am
by Snapper

Jalapeno nodded to Alicia.

"Hey, Chief," he called loudly. "I need to show you something. Something pretty odd."

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:28 pm
by kabukiman
Jalapeno:
He seems reluctant but agreed to go with you.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:41 pm
by Snapper

Jalapeno takes the Chief to see the strange mark. "Look, I can't explain this but more importantly our EPA forensics expert, Bradshaw, can't explain it either, so I think it matters. Have you seen anything like this around town before?"

"Do you have problems with religious extremists here abouts? You know, cults and the like, Charles Manson wannabes, that sort of thing."

If the Chief tries to head back to the mother of the missing boy, Jalapeno will start talking about getting a warrant for the power station place to delay him.  

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:20 pm
by Mephistophilis

Rose holds back a little, giving Alicia space to talk to the mother while keeping an eye on the door so she can intercept the Chief if he tries to come back in.

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:59 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia approaches the door with her identification in hand and knocks. "Mrs. Byers?" she says. "I'm Special Agent Alicia Catera from the FBI. My friends and I are helping the police find your son. I'd like to ask you some questions, if you don't mind. Anything you tell us might help us find Will."

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:58 am
by kabukiman
Jalapeno

The chief looks (genuinely) surprised:
"What is that? Some kind of fire mark?"

Alicia:
"I have already answered all I knew, but if it helps to find Woll, I don't mind"
She seems tense and exhausted.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:42 am
by Snapper

"It's not a burn mark at all, far as I can tell. It's not on the other side of the wall. It hasn't burnt through when it should have. Bradshaw can't identify it and she's the scientist."

"Is there any chance that the missing boy's mother is into oddball cult stuff? That's sort of what this makes me think of. As I said, some Charles Manson wannabe leading innocent people like the kid's mother astray. Those cult nutters are into weird symbols and bad music, as I understand it. Based on the reports I read of the Manson Family's trial."

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Alicia. "First, has Will tried to contact you since the last time you saw him? Maybe a phone call, maybe by some other means. He might have tried some unconventional way to get a message to you."

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:02 pm
by Mephistophilis

Seeing Jalapeno is keeping the Chief occupied, Rose follows Alicia inside and closes the door behind them. 'Take your time Mrs Byers. As a mother myself I can't imagine what you're going through. Anything you can think of, even the smallest thing could help our investigation.'

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:23 pm
by kabukiman
Jalapeno
The chief shake his head.
"No, she has job doing several extra turns to earn extra money because her husband don't suport her, so she doesn't have much free time. And besides, this is a small place, if yhere was a bunch of weirdos doing crazy stuff I would knew fast. We have some small dealers selling marijuana and stuff like that, but nothing serious. When someone starts doing any criminal activity more important, they usually leave to bigger places."
For a moment he looks at you and seems like he was saying something but then shuts and expect for you to continue the questions.

Rose and Alicia:
Roll persuade or fast talk

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:25 pm
by Mephistophilis
pd15%d%

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Anything you can tell us, even if it seems insignificant, could help us find your son and bring him home," adds Alicia.

Persuade roll (65% skill) to convince Joyce to talk:
d%

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:11 pm
by Snapper

"OK Chief, you know your town. But can you think of any explanation for that mark? Anything, however crazy, I won't judge."

"Which brings me to the next line of enquiry. That power station or whatever it is, it's wrong on several levels. The vans that were at the diner just before the cook got shot, they were at the power station, that's where they went back to. But we're going to need a warrant to get in there, very uncooperative staff. I'm hoping you might know a local judge will help us out with the warrant?"

"What's really weird is they claim to be Federal Department of Energy people. I don't think the DOE runs small town or even county power stations. Nuclear power stations maybe. And considering my colleagues and I are feds ourselves, they were mighty unhelpful."

"Do you have an idea how they even generate power there? Coal fired, hydro?"

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:06 am
by kabukiman
Jalapero
"I don't know anything really about the power plant. They have been working here for several years, but never mix with the locals. I guess I never thought about the ubtil today.
About the mark... Well, I don't have any idea of it... but Joyce has been telling strange things but it doesn' t make any sense and I dont' seem how it can be related".

Alicia

She nods and take you to the main room of the house and you see... 28 christmas lights with a letter in each.
"My son is speaking with me. He iluminates a letter and this way he can comunicate phrases. This have already happened twice".

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:52 pm
by Mephistophilis

Rose walks up to the lights, looks them over, seeing if they're plugged into the mains power. Whether there's any kind of transformer, radio, or other means of transmission that might mean the kid could be sending messages to her. But it seems more likely it's the stress and anxiety talking.

'What does he say Mrs Byers?'

pH55%d%

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"I believe you," says Alicia. "I've seen some unusual things myself before. Maybe your son gave you some information about where he is and what happened."

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:43 am
by Snapper

"OK Chief, let's focus on something more concrete, namely the power station."

"The cook at the diner gets plugged with a very unusual handgun. A black van leaves straight after. They head towards the power station. We find back vans there, and we get the absolute run-around from the employees. But they did admit a black van and employees were at the diner."

"You happen to know a local judge who will give us a search warrant, maybe?"

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:17 am
by kabukiman
Jalapeno
"Well, We can try, but we need a better cover story that saying that the people of the power plant killed a local cook."

Alicia and Rose

He says that it is a place like our town... but different. Always dark and grey and it is dificult to breath. And something is searching for him".

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Did he say how he got there?" asks Alicia.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:37 am
by Snapper

"How about one of the armed security thugs from the power station, for whatever unknown-at-this-stage reason, plugged the cook with the guard's exotic, expensive, foreign make automatic. God forbid they should buy American."

"Guards panic, high-tail it back to the power station. Power station management now close ranks to avoid the political fallout if this gets out."

"We need a warrant to get in and establish exactly who was at the diner. We definitely know some of the guards were, right before the shooting occurred. That was admitted to us last night."

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:57 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:09 am Image

"Did he say how he got there?" asks Alicia.
"Only that he felt a shadow behind him, something coming from the wall and then he felt a light and he awakened in the other place"

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:01 am
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:37 am Image

"How about one of the armed security thugs from the power station, for whatever unknown-at-this-stage reason, plugged the cook with the guard's exotic, expensive, foreign make automatic. God forbid they should buy American."

"Guards panic, high-tail it back to the power station. Power station management now close ranks to avoid the political fallout if this gets out."

"We need a warrant to get in and establish exactly who was at the diner. We definitely know some of the guards were, right before the shooting occurred. That was admitted to us last night."
"Well, it seems a good plan. Let's go then. By the way. I was thinking of organizing a new search today. But not just me and and guys, but ask everyone inn the town. So we may cover more space to try to find any clue".

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"Did he say which wall?" asks Alicia. "Is it in this house?"

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 pm
by Mephistophilis

Rose nods and uh huhs sympathetically as Mrs Byers talks. But she studies her closely, looking for signs of frank mental illness, and throwing side glances at Alicia to see if she's taking the woman seriously.

d65%d%

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:21 am
by Snapper

"Sounds good to me, Chief. Can we get the search warrant first and my colleagues and I could then deal with that? Shouldn't take too long, go out to the power station, find out who was in that van, haul them in for questioning."

"We can join the search after."

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:43 pm
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:56 am Image

"Did he say which wall?" asks Alicia. "Is it in this house?"
"No, but I supposed it was here. I mean, what other place could it be?"

Rose:
She seems instable, frantic, probably haven't sleep for some time.

Jalapeno:
"Ok, let's talk with the judge then."

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Okay, we should check out his room," says Alicia.

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:26 am
by Snapper

"All right! Are you happy for us both to go now, to see the judge? No time to waste. My colleagues can continue with their other investigative maybe."

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:45 pm
by Mephistophilis

'You must be very tired Mrs Byers, when did you last sleep?' asks Rose, trying to make eye contact with Alicia. 'This must be taking such a toll on you...' Giving Alicia a look, she adds, 'Why don't you sit down, take a moment to get some rest, and we'll have a look in his room.'

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:18 pm
by kabukiman
She takes you to his room.

"I'm perfectly fine, I just need to drink some coffee."

OOC: Spott hidden roll please

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:21 pm
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:26 am Image

"All right! Are you happy for us both to go now, to see the judge? No time to waste. My colleagues can continue with their other investigative maybe."
OOC: We will fastforward the judge scene; he gives you the warrant so you may go to the plant. The chief will only pass by the police squad to get another police so you may be 3 and not just 2.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:04 pm
by Mephistophilis
pHdd70%d%

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"This reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode," says Alicia as she searches. "The one where a little girl disappeared into another dimension from her bedroom. That was one of the rare ones with a happy ending. Her parents got her back."

Spot Hidden roll (60% skill) searching the room:
d%

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:59 am
by kabukiman
You don't find anything unusual: some cloths, school books. The room is clean and neat.

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"He kept his room clean," says Alicia, poking at the walls for any kind of interdimensional hole. "I never liked cleaning my room. That's one nice thing about being a grownup: I don't have to anymore!"

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:45 pm
by Mephistophilis

Helping Alicia search the room, Rose whispers to her, 'Mrs Byers clearly has some mental health problems, maybe her son was the same?' She pulls up the mattress and takes a look underneath. She knows where boys keep things they don't want their mothers to see.

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm not so sure," says Alicia. "Maybe her son really is communicating with her. We've been briefed on hypergeometry, after all."

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:46 pm
by kabukiman
You only find an isolated sock.
Suddenly, the lights starts to sparkle and Mrs Byers screams:
"It's him!" And she run to the living room.

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:35 pm
by Mephistophilis

Rose follows Mrs Byers, curious to see what sort of messages she takes from the flashing lights.

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia runs down the stairs, not wanting to miss it. "I'm from Missouri," she says. "Show me."

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:39 pm
by kabukiman
She gets a a paper and a pen, and starts writing the sequence of the letters.

-M-O-M-A-R-E-Y-O-U-T-H-E-R-E-?

"Let me see."
After a while she realizes and say:
"Yes, I'm here! Where are you now?"

More lights.

-H-E-R-E

"Here? I don't understand, here where?"- She seems confuse.

W-A-I-T-H-E-I-S-C-O-M-I-N-G-R-U-N-!

"What?"

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:26 pm
by Mephistophilis

Rose keeps back and systematically looks for any sign that Mrs Byers is causing the lights to flicker or whether there is any other way that they could be controlled, such as an outside line.

pH55%d%

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"I think we'd better run!" says Alicia, guiding Mrs. Byers to the front door.

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:12 am
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:26 pm Image

Rose keeps back and systematically looks for any sign that Mrs Byers is causing the lights to flicker or whether there is any other way that they could be controlled, such as an outside line.

pH55%d%
No, the tech she is using is too basic. But it is not impossible that someone outside could do this (something like in mission impossible).
Suddenly you start seeying the wall in front of you moving , like if it was just a mass made of mud and something was trying to escaping from the other side.

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:16 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Sanity roll: If you pass, loose 1 pt. If you fail, 1d6.

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia screams in terror.

Sanity roll (current level 50) for seeing the thing come out of the wall:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6
Idea roll (80% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good:
d%

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 pm
by Mephistophilis

'I don't see what could be doing this...' muses Rose as she wanders up towards the lights. Looking up she struggles to interpret what is going on - her eyes are swimming - it's like the wall is moving in front of her.

30d%

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:32 pm
by Mephistophilis

'I don't see what could be doing this...' muses Rose as she wanders up towards the lights. Looking up she struggles to interpret what is going on - her eyes are swimming - it's like the wall is moving in front of her.

Backing away she keeps staring at it - at the way the surface shifts and swirls - like it has liquified.

'Could this be some kind of liquification from localised seismic activity? she asks herself aloud.

30d%
L1d6

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:17 am
by kabukiman
And you see a creature getting out of the liquidified wall, with a pair of claws; she doesn't seem to have eyes; it is vaguely humanoid.

Another sanity roll please: if fail, loose 1d6, if pass, loose 1 pt.

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:53 pm
by Mephistophilis

'Oh shit.'

Rose watches the creature emerge, more with professional interest than fear. But she pulls out her handgun and fires a round into the shifting wall.

28%d%
LF1d6

Hd50%d%

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia screams again, but it does just as much good as the first time, and tries to flee.

Sanity roll (current level 44) for seeing the creature:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6
I'm temporarily insane from the first Sanity roll. Am I free to act?

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:03 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 am Image

Alicia screams again, but it does just as much good as the first time, and tries to flee.

Sanity roll (current level 44) for seeing the creature:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6
I'm temporarily insane from the first Sanity roll. Am I free to act?
OOC: You can only run away now.

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:05 am
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:53 pm Image

'Oh shit.'

Rose watches the creature emerge, more with professional interest than fear. But she pulls out her handgun and fires a round into the shifting wall.

28%d%
LF1d6

Hd50%d%
The creature is outside of the wall, and somehow (without eyes), it detect you and makes the movement of jumping in your direction.

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia runs screaming.

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:24 am
by Mephistophilis

'Get away from her you bitch!'

Rose squeezes off two rounds at the blind creature.

F50%d%pLd1d10F2d%pLd21d10

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:07 am
by kabukiman
OOC Rose: make a dodge roll.

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:13 pm
by Mephistophilis
dd18%d%

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:36 am
by kabukiman
The creature jumps to Rose with all it's weight and she crumbles to the floor wity the creature having it's hugly head and mouth open very near her eyes.
OOC: roll a 1d8+1 of damage
Roll luck.

Alicia and Joyce are running outside the house as fast as possible.

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:58 pm
by Mephistophilis
L30%d%d1d8+1

OOC:   Fail Luck, 3 damage  

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:59 am
by kabukiman
Rose faints and everything turns black: go to the Upside Down section.

Alice recovers... after a while. She is all alone in the wood.

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia stops running and turns back. "Rose!" she calls. "Joyce! Where are you?"

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:13 pm
by kabukiman
You hear a voice a bit far.

"I'm here!"

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hang on, I'm coming!" calls Alicia, heading quickly toward the voice.

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:17 pm
by kabukiman
You finally find her, in a glade. She seems very scared.

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's okay, we're safe now," says Alicia. "I was scared too, but we're going to have to go back to the house. We need to find Rose. That thing must have been what took your son. I hope it didn't take her too."

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:23 pm
by kabukiman
"My son? You think it has my son? Oh my God, we must return to the house now!"

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay, stay well behind me," says Alicia, "and be as quiet as you can. We don't want to alert it that we're coming back." She draws her pistol and stealthily approaches the house.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:51 pm
by kabukiman
You slowly arrive at the house. There is no sound, only a smell of sulfur

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Alicia creeps up to the door, gun in hand, positions herself against the wall beside it, and peeks into the house.

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm
by kabukiman
You don't see anything. Except a strange mark in the wall, where the creature was emerging, like if it had been burned from the inside. The smell is very strong there.

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"ROSE!" calls Alicia, going inside and checking that the house is clear. "We need to talk to my other colleague. He'll be able to help, and he won't think we're crazy. Let me call the police station and see if they know where he's gone. Keep an eye on the letters, in case your son or Rose tries to communicate with us."

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
"Ok, but I don't have a phone, it burned the first time that Will tried to talk to me."

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's go to the police station," says Alicia. "It's not safe for you to stay here any more. If Rose was taken too, there's at least a silver lining that she can find and look after your son."

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm
by kabukiman
"Ok, let's go then."

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Be careful what you say to the police," says Alicia. "We don't want them thinking we're crazy. Don't lie, but we don't have to tell them all the details." She gets behind the wheel of the car and waits for Joyce to get in before driving to the police station.