Statement 3b: The Short Residence

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Statement 3b: The Short Residence

Post by jp1885 »

While somewhat stricken, Leo notices an oncoming vehicle and waits for it to pass

Once you are all collected by the school entrance, perhaps it is prudent to wait for Eli and Skipper.

I'll finish up the other thread soon, then we'll all continue in a new one.  
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Izzy is relieved she didn't cross at the crossing point, and she nods to Des as the younger woman joins her, pleased to see her taking the sensible option. However, she can't avoid a vague sense of guilt and worry for Leo as she witnesses him drop to the floor in much the same way that she did previously. She joins him and Jordan on the other side of the road as they make their way over.

"You okay?" She doesn't ask what precisely he saw. Though the reason for her own feeling of guilt is already known by everyone else (they were there, after all), Izzy isn't about to be nosy and uncover something that's personal to her colleague and friend. Best leave it for him to say, if he wants to. But she can still support him regardless.

She murmurs to him as an aside, while they wait for the others.

"If you want to talk about what you saw, then I'm happy to listen. No judgement. But, no pressure, okay?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Des looked at Skipper’s last text message. ”’E finks ’e’s bein’ funny. ‘E’s such a nob!” she said.
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 157 times

Eli shivers. "Well, yes, and no..." He reaches for his pocket handkerchief and dabs his eyes with it. "It's powerful stuff that. Not helping enough with my Mom with Alzheimer's. The skittles hall in flames. But probably nothing like what you went through...mine must seem mild compared to yours."

"And that thing trying to suck me in. I wonder what that was about. Did you feel that, too?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"You're welcome, Leo," says Jordan, "I didn't feel that, but it has definitely grown in power since the first time. I felt vaguely guilty, but it didn't overwhelm me. I think the worst thing I did was punch a Nazi, which violates my oath to do no harm, but I think under the circumstances it was excusable. He did hit me first, and I treated him afterwards."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months