Statement 2: Welcome to Wales

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Re: Statement 2: Welcome to Wales

Post by Trivun »

As the group approach, the others all try and fail to sense anything too strange, though they all seem to have some kind of frown or uneasy feeling. Izzy, however, appears to be the only one able to sense the full extent of the vestigia present. And it hits her like a tsunami. Suddenly, all the good work of the past few weeks is undone as a wave of mental trauma washes over her, bringing back every feeling of guilt and anguish over the death of Will Grimes. Every reassurance that it wasn't her fault is forgotten, every moment of comforting hugs from Alice or affirming advice given by her therapist vanishes from her mind, still present but locked away by whatever horrific presence is there on the crossing.

Izzy staggers back, trying desperately to cling to those good thoughts, those promises that she did nothing wrong, but it all seems to disappear, even as the black portal opens before her. She shakes her head, tears streaming down her face, trying to scream but with no sound heard... as if the air from her lungs has been stolen away by the void. And then...

Nothing. Izzy finds herself on the ground, having fallen backwards. She cannot tell where the tears end and the rain begins as she feels the dampness of her face. Her breathing is heavy, and she barely hears Des's words as she tries to regain whatever composure she has left, hands scrambling to reach a locket she now wears with a picture of herself and Alice at the top of the London Eye, clutching it for her own peace of mind.

She refuses to go anywhere near the crossing again.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"There is definitely a........pressure here." Eli says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
Jordan goes over to help Izzy when she goes down, but she doesn't seem hurt, and there's little he can do for her besides usher her away from the crossing. "I feel that too," says Jordan, "but I don't sense any vestigia. I never have before, but it feels like this time I should. Whatever is here, it's incredibly powerful."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Skipper looked at collapsing Izzy with one eyebrow arched, then raised his hands in mock surrender. "Awright awright, get the warrant, I really don't have a horse in that race. I'll go play in the library with Eli. There might be a toy section even."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

And so our heroes split the party.

Statement 3a: A Day at the Museum will lead you to that august institution.

Statement 3b: The Short Residence is where you should go to visit the man's abode.

Return to “Rivers of London”