Statement 5: Down Lane

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Statement 5: Down Lane

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Boomers who like to race invisible cars," says Jordan.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

"I really can't wait to see you flamethrower a few expensive motors, Leo."

Skipper quickly turned his smartphone off again. He deftly pulled out the venerable Nikon film camera and started taking photos of car registrations and faces.

"Photos or it didn't happen, to quote from Boris Johnson's 'How to Pleasure Your Man' guidebook."
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

"I wonder how many of these voted UKIP at the last election. Even odds on it being all of them..." Izzy murmurs as the team approach in their own vehicle.

She notes Skipper's candid camera skills with approval, but then sighs as she realises it's going to be pretty difficult to gather any further evidence for the moment.

"This is going to be tricky... even flashing badges, there's no way this lot are going to make it easy for us to get any useful information. That said... Skip, you've got the right idea. This is exactly how we deal with boy racers too, even though they're usually half the age of these ones. Get the reg numbers, send them fines and court summons' in the post afterwards. Safer and easier than trying to chase them down on the streets."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Especially if they can make their cars invisible," says Jordan.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 378 times

Leo grinned. "Oi, I thought I would never want to cast that spell again, but I do fancy the thought of punching a hole in an Aston or Jag, now that you mention it," he replied.

"Even better, Izzy or I could sand the lot of them with one fell swoop, once everyone else was out of range. They would need a fleet of tow trucks..."

"I wonder what's in that shed. Invisible car juice?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
At the mention of sanding, Jordan pops the battery out of his phone, just in case.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Trivun »

A wicked grin crosses Izzy's face.

"I'd love nothing more than a chance to sand all of those flash cars... although better make sure our own car is nowhere near first. We don't want to be walking from here to the Devil's Punch Bowl."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Des followed Jordan’s example and slipped the battery from her phone. The edge of the case caught under her nail, causing her to swear. It did not improve her mood…
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Listening to Izzy's plan, and Des's griping, Skipper smiled in saintly fashion. He left his backpack on his seat and jumped out with just the Nikon F3, and a few rolls of spare old-school film in a pocket.

"Well, one skinhead arm-lock doesn't justify my skipping BJJ training tonight. So I'm looking for a proper workout that means later I can head straight to the rub-a-dub instead."

"Which means I'm down for bodyguarding duties. Come on, Sweeney Voodoo twins, let's saunter over and you can wave the magic proverbials at their motors."

"I always thought I could take Clarkson or May in a clean dynamite. Hammond looked small but scrappy, but that was before his accident. No chance now, sadly."

Skipper continued snapping photos.

Skipper will insert himself between Team Folly and any angry super-car drivers, and if necessary stop such drivers by way of manly fisticuffs.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"I'm right with you," says Jordan, getting out of the car and following.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Des slipped out of the car, pulling up her hood. She stayed behind Skipper and Jordan, waiting for them to start cracking boomer skulls…
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Leo grinned and followed suit with preparing his phone for battle. "Although, worst-case scenario, if we did end up nuking our ride by mistake, I imagine an Uber from this far out split six ways wouldn't be too dear. "

Once the car was a safe distance away, he climbed out as well. He walked back to the others, positioning himself behind Jordan and Skipper.
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Trivun »

Well aware of the effects of magic on electricals, Izzy also makes sure her phone battery is out once again and positions herself in the group alongside Leo.

"Still a bit of a distance, but fair enough."

With that said, she starts making her way a bit closer towards the group of middle aged men, warrant card out ready to head off any of the obvious questions as to what exactly the team are doing here.

"Afternoon gentlemen, hope we're not intruding on anything fun! Just thought you should know, there's been a bit of trouble around here recently, lots of unfortunate incidents with angry drivers, so might want to be careful on your ways home, hmm?"

She realises that the 'Car Killer' spell, as Peter so eloquently named it, would be ideal for this, and she hasn't learned it - but Izzy hopes that getting close enough to the cars and weaving between them as she talks will suffice, if she can keep a werelight going low enough to not be obviously spotted, and just powerful enough to fry the electrics of every car she walks by...
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

CF209534-E472-11ED-85A4-0A19B18D99E3.jpg
Scowling, the men mutter among themselves, before one of them takes a step forwards.

"This a private meeting and you're on private property! No trespassing!" he yells, seemingly ignoring Izzy's words.
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Leo steps up and behind Skipper, getting as close as he can to the row of cars. Then with Skipper covering his motions, he casts a boosted Werelight squarely in the boot of the center car in the row. Yes, he knew that Werelight didn't generate heat, but he wasn't taking chances these days. It went in the boot.

Leo is hoping the boosted Werelight is enough to sand the cars. He may work his way around for a second attempt, just for good measure.

Magic (70/35): 1d100
OOC:   It looks like if I want to actually move it, I need to upgrade to Bumblebee or Light Bulb.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Looks like that Range Rover's been in an accident, says Jordan. "Would you like some help?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Skipper contented himself with continuing very overtly to photograph the motley crew and their super-car rego's.

"And if you could point us to the owner or occupier, we can discuss our entering the property with them."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Leo, are you casting your werelight covertly or right in front of everyone?  
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

OOC:   I am casting it while hiding behind Skipper, and I'm placing the werelight itself inside the boot of one of the cars.  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Okay, please make me a POW roll to see how well you steer/hide the werelight. Bonus die if you’ve mastered the spell.  

Return to “Rivers of London”