Statement 4: Lime Grove

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Re: Statement 4: Lime Grove

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 344 times

"Sergeant Dhillon, as Skipper said, we didn't actually make it inside... Hmm, I suppose that may have been a small strategic error on our parts."

"I am down with Down Lane," Leo chimed in.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Looks like the majority vote is to head to Down Lane. I’ll start a new thread when I’ve a mo.  
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

"Yeah, we were planning to look inside but we needed a warrant. While we were waiting, these guys showed up and broke in."

Izzy doesn't mention the key in the gnome until the skinheads are out of earshot.

"They claimed to have the homeowner's permission, might be something for you to question them on, but we'd taken the key from its hiding place to get in when the warrant came through. Still, them breaking in eliminated the need for it, so I guess it all worked out."

Izzy's fine with Down Lane as well, though she nods to the accompanying officers first.

"Not sure if you want us to take a look in there yourself, but if your people want to do the honours, be careful touching anything that might be, you know... weird bollocks." Heh, just as Seawoll always calls it. "Call us if you're not sure about anything."

And with that, Izzy turns on her phone once more, mercifully un-sanded considering hers and Leo's precautions...

Return to “Rivers of London”