Statement 4: Lime Grove

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Statement 4: Lime Grove

Post by Philulhu »

Des just scowled. Why should she care who was growing what for whom?! She was always being told how the police were there for her protection and the first time she actually needed them, they’re bargaining it away for information on a case!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"I think you're right," says Jordan to Eli. "Barry probably doesn't have any choice, so we're going to have to help him. I'm pretty sure the incident with the Range Rover is connected too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 437 times

"I am okay being Potter. I am totally okay with that," Leo grinned as he also re-powered his phone. Of course he'd always seen himself as Harry. "We are missing one cloak of invisibility, though, for that plan to work. And Nightingale already told us invisibility magic was a no-go."

"You're probably right about Grimesy and Barry," he replied. "Based on what our informants just said about him not leaving. The Range Rover has to be connected."

"Ah, Sgt Dhillon. It's always a pleasure, but especially so now. These...err...fine examples of humanity broke into the flat, and then decided to assault a couple of officers of the court and our respected colleagues. I don't suppose you could take them off our hands?
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Eli noticing Leo adjusting his phone, gingerly takes out his phone."Bugger" He says under his breath, rembering the first rule regarding being around magic use....disable your phone. He pushes the button, hoping that he may have been out of range when it was pinging off.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Oops, missed a bit.  
Looking on Google Maps, Skipper can see that Highcombe Farm is a large farmhouse, with outbuildings ringing a rear yard and a large walled garden to the side. The whole estate appears to be ringed by a fence with of some kind and is approached by a narrow lane.

The address at Down lane is less interesting: a patch of hardstanding with some kind of rectangular structure - a barn perhaps. Not too far away, the lane merges onto the A3.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

"Ah, Luna, definitely destined to be a minx..." Skipper realised he was speaking out loud and paused. "Is that wrong?" He looked guilty.

Once the skinheads were the uniforms' collective problem, Skipper discreetly motioned Team Folly over to show them the two sat-map views.

Speaking quietly, he gestured to Down Lane. "I know the other address is our main target, but this might be worth a visit first. It looks like it wouldn't take long to check out, and our friends over here must have been visiting it for some nefarious reason."

"Maybe we'll find some more juicy evidence that your guv'ner can use as ammo to say we go into the second place? Just a thought."

OOC:   Will visiting Down Lane first take the team a long way out of their way if Highcombe Farm is the next destination after?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"I agree. It's also right off the A3," says Jordan. "Sergeant, can you find out where exactly on the A3 that incident with the Range Rover was, and which cameras weren't working?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Izzy is pretty certain she's following Jordan's train of thought fairly well.

"Damaged cameras might mean magic used nearby. We can track the area of worst effect by marking off on a map, every camera and electronic device that's stopped working, and find the centre point of the area. That's likely the point where the magical effect originated, if that's what happened. And chances are it's related to the plants that Barry was cultivating..."

As for Skipper, she nods her head, as she addresses both him and Sergeant Dhillon.

"Down Lane might be storage, or testing, or it might be nothing, but it's worth a look. The more evidence we can gather, the stronger a case we have to go after Grimesy. Sorry, Sarge, but whatever your bosses told you about not pursuing Will Grimes, it's gotten beyond that now. These," (she gestures to the skinheads being rounded up by the uniformed officers) "can explain more in a custody suite."

"Wouldn't say it's wrong," she mutters to Skipper. "Definitely a minx... but don't forget, you'd be barking up the wrong tree... I always thought Luna and Ginny should have ended up together anyway. Forget Harry, those two were perfect for each other..."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Can we stop wit all dis Harry Potter crap?” grumbled Des. ”It’s worse dan school… …”

She was still angry at being manhandled by the skinhead and everyone else’s apparent lack of concern.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Skipper looked taken aback. "Hang on, what? Luna is gay? I really wasn't paying enough attention to those movies, obviously." He sighed, yet another dream crushed.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" I dont think Grimesy would keep Baz and the skinheads close to.his house. He gets nore plausible deniability if he has them down the road." Eli chips in.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Taking charge, Dhillon orders the skinheads to be taken away. Amid grumbles of police brutality and harassment, they are bundled into a police van for processing.

"Des, you'll need to give a statement if you want to press charges," she says.

The distance between Down Lane and Highcombe farm isn't too bad, the former being just south of the A3/A31 junction near Guildford, the latter just north of Hindhead, overlooking the Devil's Punch Bowl. Although, traffic being as it is, it might take longer than usual to get from one to the other.

Map.JPG
  If you were near Leo and had forgotten to turn off your phone, please make a Luck roll. Failure means it's been sanded by magic.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
Jordan is glad he'd had the foresight to remove his phone's battery.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Again Eli pushes the buttons on his phone...
And breathes a huge sigh of relief as the screen lights up. "Dodged a bullet there me old chap" He whispers under his breath.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Des nodded to Sgt. Dhillon. ”Soon as I get back to base,” she said, and she gave the driver the finger as he was bundled into the back of the van…
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“Please don’t take too long,” Sgt. Dhillon replies. “It’s their word against yours and given your, um, ‘unofficial’ position, we might not be able to make anything stick. It’s not as if they’ve come out with a plasma screen and X-Box.”

She looks up at the entrance to the flat.

“Was there anything of interest in there?”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"We were a bit occupied with the skinheads that got in the way, haven't had a chance to roll the gaff. But now we've scored a prior, or two in fact, that we need to get to."

OOC:   Everyone happy to go to Down Lane first? Skipper is but will go with the majority or the suggestion of the team's Met reps.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"One of them assaulted me as well," says Jordan, "because I blocked his path when he tried to flee. He barely bruised me, though, and I laid him out."

I'm good with going to Down Lane first.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

OOC:   I'm good with Down Lane first.  
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Des shrugged. She didn’t care either way.

Return to “Rivers of London”