Statement 3: Flowers Fields

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: Statement 3: Flowers Fields

Post by Snapper »

Skipper does not step foot one into the greenhouse. He sighs deeply.

"Gordon Bennett! All right, all right, keep your hair on. Just follow my voice and I'll direct you."

"At least you didn't use your flame-thrower spell this time."

Skipper will give Leo 'left, right, other right, straight ahead' type directions. Along with using the actual location of Skipper's voice, Leo should be able to crawl out.  
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Izzy freezes at Skipper's words.

"For the love of Loki, do not start lobbing fireballs in there! The Folly budget is not paying for a brand new garden centre!"

She just about manages to avoid saying "I told you so" as Leo emerges, slightly worse for wear. Instead, she focuses on the theories and evidence so far presented.

"So Will Grimes is definitely on the suspect list. We can check him out, make that a priority action, but Barry's place should be top of the agenda. Securing the plants and sap is vital. And we might find evidence there that ties back to Grimes."

She's ready to go, when the others are, but she can't help but give an exasperated look towards Leo first. Love you to bits, mate, but you really make it difficult sometimes... Like my older brother in Camden, but on the opposite side of the law.
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 566 times
Leo didn't hesitate to rub his aching, burned arm as he made his way toward Skipper, eyes still closed. He wasn't that proud.

"Yeah, I put that one under lessons learned. Sometimes, I lay awake at night, and all I can think about is how nobody in that town with team with a long storied history of playing skittles can play skittles anymore. I thought it was going to, you know, hit the ghost and stop. I know. I know. It could have been a LOT worse. It could have been people who would never play skittles again if not for my quick-thinking co-workers."

"When I win the lottery, my first purchase is going to be a new skittles hall for Nennington." He grinned, eyes still closed as he inched closer to Skipper and Izzy. "Well, the third purchase."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Maud cannot conceal her amusement as Leo staggers out of the greenhouse.

"Silly buggers can't read danger signs..." she mutters. "Now if there's nothing else you want from me, it looks like I've got a Stunflower to re-pot."

Skipper - your research on Grimes reveals nothing that you don't already know - his opinions have become more controversial in the last six months, which has raised some eyebrows, but that's about it.

Speaking of which, as you all debate your next course of action, Sgt. Dhillon gets a call. In what is a decidedly one-sided conversation, the colour drains from her face...

"Yes sir, I- of course sir. R-right away sir."

Tongue-lashing over, she turns to you, sour-faced.

"That was the guv'nor. He's told me in no uncertain terms to keep our noses out of Will Grimes' business. Seems like the guy's got friends in high places."

So, what would you like to do next?  
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 546 times
Once Leo believes it's safe to do so, he opens his eyes, still rubbing his smarting arm. Then he picks out a couple of peace lilies to take home. He purposely picks one for his father that needs some TLC. Dad needs as many projects as possible, given how out of sorts he's been about Leo's mum's decline. The one for Molly is a little more presentable. You never can earn too many extra points with the person who packs your lunch.

He presents his debit card, insisting on paying. "Please, ma'am," he says.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”’E gotta bent copper in ‘is pocket?” said Des. ”Dey all de same….”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Skipper quickly retrieves his phone, wiping the dirt and greenery off it.

Barry, surely.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Are you hurt bad?" Jordan asks Leo, getting his first aid kit ready. "I can help. Of course, the guv didn't order us to leave Grimes alone, and he's not our boss."

Agreed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 506 times

"I got zapped pretty hard by one of those plants," he replied. "It felt electric, though. Not magical. I would have to slip off my jacket and roll up my sleeve for you to get a good look. But I should be good to go, Doc. Thank you for asking. I really appreciate it."

OOC:   When I typed "look around" for camera," I meant swivel my head than walk around, but I am happy with the outcome. This is funnier and seems on brand for Leo.  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Rolling her eyes, Maud takes payment for the peace lilies.

“Mind how you go, and make sure my Barry isn’t in any trouble!” she orders.

Sgt. Dhillon grunts at Jordan’s statement.

“You reckon your boss hasn’t had the same call? I can’t order you to lay off Grimes, but I’ll be damned if I’m giving any more actions to my lot.”

She sighs loudly and heads back to her car.

Off to Barry’s pad next eh? New thread coming soon…  
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Izzy can't help but shake her head at Leo still obsessing over the damn peace lilies, but she holds her tongue. Still, she's not carrying them around for him. He can leave them in the back of the sergeant's police car instead.

She frowns noticeably, however, at the news about Grimesy.

"Look, I can't tell the rest of you to not go after Grimes, you're civilian contractors so strictly speaking you're free to do what you want off the clock. But I can't risk my career for the sake of one guy, no matter how much of a tosser he is."

She glances at Leo, not willing to speak on his behalf when he's more than capable of doing so himself, but expecting he'll say the same thing. However, a hint of a smile suddenly grows at the corner of her lips.

"That said... we answer to the Nightingale. And if he gives us instructions, then we're only following the chain of command. And since he's part of the Met, and the good sergeant here is Surrey Police... well, different jurisdictions, different chains of command, right?"

Izzy fires off a quick text to Nightingale, just summarizing the case so far, their thoughts and evidence, and mentioning the news from Sgt. Dhillon. She's not expecting him to ask them to go after Grimes as a suspect, but at least the bases are covered if something incriminating turns up. As Izzy reasons, nobody is above the law, no matter who their friends are...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"You're welcome, Leo," says Jordan. "Right now we have no evidence against Grimes anyway, but if that changes, I go where the evidence leads. Maybe we'll find out more when we talk to Barry. Getting some of that moss for ourselves wouldn't go amiss, either. If we're going to be chasing invisible cars, it helps to be able to see them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Eli nods," I agree, this Grimesy sounds like a bit of a bully, even if we are told to 'stay clear' of him and if when we meet Barry and we uncover any links then surely he should be considered 'fair game' i believe thats the expression?" He says, thinking what must his students think if they could see him now, examing crime scenes...a milli9n worlds away from the lecture halls.

Return to “Rivers of London”