Statement 2b - Surrey Police Headquarters

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: Statement 2b - Surrey Police Headquarters

Post by Snapper »

Skipper grunts again, looking at the good Sergeant Dhillon. "So shouldn't be a problem to get a couple of uniforms over to the lass's gaff in Shalford then?"

"Otherwise, good to go find a new cactus. Has Izzy told you about the giant Venus fly-trap plants they grow in the basement hydro at the Folly? Toothy leaves big as those giant underwater clams. Just saying we should be on our toes in a Falcon-related plant nursery."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Sgt. Dhillon nods.

"I'll give your pals a call - we'll meet up at the garden centre."

While she does that, Jordan's phone rings. It's Dr. Friedman.

"Ah, Dr. Schneider!" his voice booms. "I've some news for you. I've run some more test and Mr. Chichester and, among his stomach contents, I found something odd - a moss of some kind. Also, I got one of the tech guys to do a 3D scan of the brain and re-inflate it virtually - very clever stuff! It allowed me to examine it before the atrophy. It looks like the poor guy was already suffering from some kind of gradual brain degradation. Over the last couple of months by my reckoning."

Hanging up on the others, Dhillon then calls into the station to arrange for someone to visit Lauren Hewison's place.

"Yeah, okay, understood," she says, frowning as she turns to the investigators. "Sorry, no-one's free - got a violent assault at some pub in Chilworth. Pretty much everyone available is dealing with that."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Thank you, Dr. Friedman," says Jordan. "Can you identify the moss?" He fills in the others on what he's been told.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Skipper grunts and looks at Dhillon. "Any record of a phone number then? At least we could call her, make sure she's OK."
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Izzy is pretty certain she's heard nothing of any giant Venus fly traps, especially not singing ones like Audrey II, and she's definitely not heard of a basement hydro room at the Folly, but she doesn't worry too much about that. More concerning to her is the news of the violent assault in Chilworth.

"That's, what, the third or fourth incident that's happening right now involving violent assault? Do you normally get this many cases of violence in one go? That'd be a lot even for just one station to deal with in the city, I didn't think Guildford was that dangerous a place..."

She has a sneaking suspicion at the back of her mind that the apparent glut of violence is connected in some way to their deceased sexist petrolhead.

Before the sergeant can answer, Izzy listens to the voice of Dr. Friedman informing Jordan of his findings. It's hard not to hear when the voice coming from the phone is so loud even without being put on speaker.

"HTD can develop over time, it doesn't just come on in one sharp burst. Hazard of the job." She makes a mental note to get an MRI booked with Dr's Walid and Vaughn at some point soon, just to keep an eye on her own condition.

"So whatever he was doing, he must have been overusing... well, overdoing it on the Falcon stuff for a good while. Finally tipped over the edge by whatever happened at the leisure centre. Could do with a sample of the moss though. And we can keep an eye out at Flowers Fields for anything that might resemble the same."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Pfft, not sure about the moss - I've sent it away for analysis, but, knowing how little we discovered about the substance on Chichester's skin, I'm not holding out much hope. I'll keep you posted if anything comes up." Dr. Friedman replies.

Sgt. Dhillon replies thus: "I'll tell the Case Progression team to call Hewison and tell her to expect us. As for the assault - you might have a point. It's another middle-aged guy kicking off when someone parked too close to his Ferrari - I guess there's a sale on mid-life crisis nutters at the minute."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"Right you are then. Let's see what horrors the little plant nursery holds." Ascot starts singing "Feed Me, Seymour" to himself.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Once the others have finished at the leisure centre, I’ll bring you all together in a new thread.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Thanks again," says Jordan. "Can you describe the moss's appearance? We'll be going to a place soon where there's likely to be moss, and I'd like to see if the same type is there. I may be able to help with the analysis later too, when I'm not so busy." He nods when he hears about the assault. There's probably a connection there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

All good. 👍  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"A reddish tinge?" Dr. Friedman offers. "Difficult to tell given the small quantity. I'll let you know if I find anything else."

And with that, it's time to head out to Flowers Fields.

Return to “Rivers of London”