Statement 1: Morning at the Morgue

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Statement 1: Morning at the Morgue

Post by jp1885 »

Just waiting for Leo to do his thing. In the meantime, please make two INT rolls, to see if you’ve heard of Will Grimes and Loz Drivez.  
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Izzy INT roll 1: 80%  
1d100
  Izzy INT roll 2: 80%  
1d100
  Spend 5 Luck points to make the second roll a success as well  
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Grimes

1d%40%

Loz

1d%40%

Fail for Grimes.

Extreme success for Loz Drivez.  

Skipper stares at the ceiling, does not look down and makes no eye contact. "Ah, so Doc, other than your chopping his brain out, and it having already gone moldy or whatever beforehand, anything else odd that you've noticed about him?"

"And is his phone here somewhere?"
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 431 times
Leo sits down in the back, and gets out his ever present PNB.

When the doctor finally comes in, he looks strangely familiar, but when he introduces himself, he dismisses it. Leo was quiet for a change. This was indeed his first time to experience this particular activity. He had been hearing about HTD ever since he arrived at The Folly, and now he was finally getting a chance to see it. He leaned forward in his seat as Dr. Friedman revealed it.

CON 50/25: 1d100

"If there is any surveillance video inside or outside the store, that might help."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Eli Venturini opens the door to the morgue and steps in, surveying the scene before him. The rather rough individual tapping away on his phone, humming away seemingly in a duet of an Enya song with a tall sturdy looking gentleman who is examing a body on the slab.with a rather tall sturdy looking. His attention is drawn to the two studious individuals, obviously police officers, one furiously scribbling onto his PNB and the other in conversation with the Doctor. " Hello, i am looking for a DC Cooper, a Mr Nightingale asked me to come here."
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Trivun »

As Izzy tries to sense out the vestigia around the brain, and thinks about where she's heard the names of 'Grimesey' and 'Loz Drivez' before (certainly not the Simpsons character in the case of the former), she looks up as the newcomer enters the room.

"Not sure the boss would be too happy hearing you call him 'Mister', but DC Cooper would be me. Or just call me Izzy. If the guv'nor's sent you here, then I guess you must be a new recruit, huh?"

She's not sure what to make of the fellow, but she assumes he'll introduce himself soon enough. More to the point, she's morbidly interested in seeing how the gentleman reacts to the sight of a brain outside its cranial casing...
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

1d100
OOC:   hard success  
" i'm Eli Venturini, i believe i was to have joined you much earlier, some business about a book shop but i was unexpectedly called away, but im pleased to meet your acquaintance now." He holds his hand out Izzy. He looks towards the doctor. "Aaron good to see you old friend!, been a while." He casts his eyes down onto the exposed brain. " Well im no brain surgeon, but that looks a little off."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
Jordan recognizes the names, particularly Loz Drivez. "Hello, I'm Dr. Jordan Schneider," he says to Eli, extending his hand.

INT rolls (70% stat) to recognize Will Grimes and Loz Drivez:
d%
d%
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Eli shakes his hand, not too perturbed over Izzy's lack of handshake."Eli Venturini pleased to meet you Dr Schneider, now do we have here?" He asks looking down at the body.
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Trivun »

As introductions are made, Izzy goes ahead and shakes Eli's hand, welcoming him to the little menagerie that they seem to have formed as a group.

She's almost disappointed that Eli takes the brain in stride, but ah well, at least it means less smell of vomit in the room...
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

INT (Will) 65% 1d100
INT (Loz) 1d100

Des gave the newcomer a brief nod in greeting then sat back to see what developed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"A case of cauliflower brain," says Jordan. He goes on to fill Eli in on what they've learned so far.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Nodding a greeting toward Des." So is this a first for you all then? Seeing the brain like this? gesturing towards the brain, then casting his eyes over the body. Looking for any marks or anything that may strike him as out of the ordinary.

1d100

Just a body.....
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"I've heard of it," says Jordan, "but this is the first one I've seen, yes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Trivun »

"Same here," Izzy replies, "but I've seen slides before. And it's not my first autopsy, not that I can say the same about some of these."

She gestures to the rest of the group, her casual attitude showing her comfort around the corpse with his resting death face.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Des just rolled her eyes. Perhaps if Izzy weren’t so far up herself, she’d have more friends…
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Skipper looks up from his phone (carefully avoiding the body / brain) and gives Eli a casual wave, along with the traditional: "Awright?"

He looks at Des and Jordan. "No luck with the inter-plod database then? Let me have a butcher's." Skipper stalks into the doctor's office, cracks knuckles, and attacks the PNC system.

1d%H60%

Fumble!  

A computerised alarm can be heard. Skipper's voice comes from the office. "Anthony Blunt... I don't think it likes me. Fair play, really, considering..."
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 324 times
"DC Leo Dansby. Pleasure." He greets the new arrival with a warm smile.

"Yes, it's the first time for me to actually see one in person, although I've seen Dr. Walid's slides on a few occasions. I have to admit that I have been simultaneously looking forward and dreading today. I am pleased to report that Molly's delicious homemade black pudding did not return to the stage for an encore performance."

"I will also see if I can get anything from the vestigia, and when we finish up here, then I will be happy to see if we can find any some of us can search for surveillance video that might be helpful in determining Mr. Chichester's movements before the err..." Leo looked at the poor guy's riddled brain "...event. The event that caused that may have destroyed the equipment in the shop, but there may be other helpful footage farther away."

[Spoiler-ButtonSenseVestigia]

Sense Vestigia 60/30: 1d100

[/Spoiler-Button]
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Nodding a greeting towards Skipper, " Eli Venturini, pleasure." He relies to Leo. " Is there a way deduce the rate of this degradation? I mean has been eroding overtime or is it a result of a massive overload? Is it possible that this done to him? Rather than self inflicted?" He says to no one in particular as he leans closer to the brain.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Snapper wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:10 amA computerised alarm can be heard. Skipper's voice comes from the office. "Anthony Blunt... I don't think it likes me. Fair play, really, considering..."
This time, the rolling of Des’ eyes was so loud it could be heard in the next room.

”Boomer!” she muttered to herself…

Return to “Rivers of London”