Statement 2: New Row

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Statement 2: New Row

Post by jp1885 »

With that expert display of magic over, the basement returns to normal.

Assuming there’s nothing else you want to do in the basement, you head back up to the ground floor, where Saffron is making the finishing touches to the children’s section.

This job complete, she seems a little more relaxed.

“There; that’ll save everyone having to carry pushchairs up and down the stairs. Have you all finished?”
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

OOC:   In response to the others, before re-joining Saffron:  

Izzy grins widely at them all. "That, Des, was magic." She looks across to Skipper and nods.

"It's probably okay now, I won't be doing any more while we're here at least, but I'd maybe wait until you're outside with the batteries just to be safe. Just because I won't be casting any more spells doesn't mean the... thing, whatever it is that's down here, won't do something similar."

She holds off on asking the obvious question to Skipper as they ascend to ground level. She wants to know what the 'bit of weird' was that Skipper claims to have seen, but that can always wait for later. Instead, she turns to Saffron and answers her query.

"I think we're all done here, yes, unless my colleagues have anything else they want to look at. We'll likely have to come back to make further inquiries, but we'll try not to get in your way as much as possible."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

jp1885 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:34 am “There; that’ll save everyone having to carry pushchairs up and down the stairs. Have you all finished?”

Skipper looks intrigued and turns back to Saffron. "Have you been doing a bit of reorganising then? Moving the kids' section up to ground level or something like that?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Saffron nods. “Yes, exactly that. Every celebrity chef has a book out nowadays, so we needed to expand the cookery section. On top of that, Saturday Story Time is getting really popular, and people couldn’t get their pushchairs up and down the stairs easily. This is a listed building, so we can’t fit a lift. So I asked Warwick to swap the sections over.”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

"Sounds like a reasonable plan. I don't have kids but I am a bit partial to Jamie and Nigella's cookbooks myself."

"Was everyone happy with that, though? No parents who loved being downstairs or disgruntled celebrity chefs who wanted their books above ground?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Yeah, I'm done too," says Jordan. "Maybe I'll bring my kids by for Saturday Story Time some weekend." After the ghost is gone, he thinks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Saffron frowns at Skipper’s question, as if this is something she hadn’t considered.

“Um, I’ve received no complaints… I think most parents are quite relieved and there have been no angry chefs barging in - I guess we’d know about that!”

She smiles at Jordan.

“You’d be more than welcome. Especially if you can find out who attacked Warwick!”

She looks at her watch and grimaces.

“Look, I’ve really got to get on. I haven’t even touched the basement yet and we’re opening soon.”

She turns to Izzy.

“To answer your question: why don’t you all come back at eight pm? I’ll be shutting up shop and you’ll have more time.”

OOC:   If you’re all ready, I’ll start a new thread back at the Folly soon.  
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Izzy nods. "Eight sounds fine to me. We'll be on our way then for now and report back to our inspector."

Privately, Izzy is a bit annoyed, since she was hoping for a night out with a few friends, maybe try and pull some pretty young student, or at least get in a few rounds of bowling at her local, Rowan's, but she sighs and accepts the situation. She knew when she joined, after all, that police keep unsociable hours. Besides, maybe she could swing for some overtime pay.
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Leo nods, smiling, and offers his hand to Saffron to shake, but doesn't force it. "Thank you so much for your time, then. We will get out of your hair and let you resume your day. We should be able to a little homework before we return."

Then, heading for the door, he turns around and says, "Oh, just one more thing... How will we get in? Will there be someone here after hours? Are you going to let them know to expect us?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“Like I said, I’ll still be here, shutting up shop,” Saffron replies. “Just tap on the door.”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC:   Please proceed to Statement 3: Tea at the Folly.  

Return to “Rivers of London”