Statement 1: The Folly

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Re: Statement 1: The Folly

Post by Trivun »

Izzy glances involuntarily towards the door at Des's action, certain that the scraping noise, horrible as it sounded, would attract Molly ready to rain down hell on the culprit. She remembers one thing as she watches Des stand up.

"Were we not waiting for someone else who you said was late, guv...?
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

I’m going to pause for a short while to let Snapper catch up. Then we’ll proceed to the next scene.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

A tall-ish, solid looking bloke ambles into the room, backpack over his shoulder. Few visible tattoos, nothing scary. Every item of clothing on his body looks like a decent quality second hand buy from one of the city's wandering laneway markets. Shades of dark blues and dark browns. Acceptable wear in an old corner pub or a City gourmet gin bar.

He tries a half smile and a wave. "How do. I'm Skipper, I may be in the wrong place..." East Ender accent without doubt.
Last edited by Snapper on Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

"Huh, speak of the devil..." Izzy says, as she glances at the newcomer. "DC Isabel Cooper, but Izzy's fine."

She extends a hand to welcome Skipper, while hiding her slight puzzlement at the range of new additions to the Folly, Nightingale's new motley crew.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Skipper gently shakes the proffered hand. "DC Cooper, Izzy," he adds with conscious effort. "I'm really feeling I might be in the wrong place."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Nightingale nods curtly to the newcomer, as if peeved at the man’s late arrival.

“Ah, the final member of the team has arrived: welcome to the Folly Skipper. The clock is ticking, so I’m afraid the others will have to brief you en-route to the Cappuccino Lounge.”

And with that he takes his leave.

“Try not to blow anything up!” his voice echoes back through the atrium.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Dr. Jordan Schneider," says Jordan to Skipper, offering his own hand. "I'm not entirely sure why I'm here either, but I guess they know what they're doing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Rivers of London”