The Incident Room: General Chat

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: The Incident Room: General Chat

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Mesage to team group chat.

There are tales of offerings being made at 'The Grove to send enemies to the Underworld and like Snapper said there at least 4 accounts of undesirables disappearing mysteriously. However ive yet to find the actual location of the Grove, though evidence does hint towards the crossing.
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Message from Izzy to team group chat:  
Interviews still to go ahead with witnesses, but lollipop lady is now top of the list. And no, never heard of any real underworld, but I'm an atheist. Might be a bit biased.

A pause between messages - Izzy is left on 'typing' for a long time, as if she's really thinking hard. Or writing an essay.  
Saw a weird black portal when I fell at the crossing. Like it wanted to pull me in.

Another long pause, on 'typing'.  
I'm scared.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Snapper »

Message to the Team Folly Group Chat from Skipper:

Snap out of it, Voodoo Child, you are so not the Naughtiest Girl In School among us. You don't appear to be mean to your gf. You're largely quite nice to us. I'd accuse you of being wholesome except for the slight shade of bossiness.

No, if anyone's getting sent to the Underworld for being naughty, obviously the first candidate is Des.

Anyway, according to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, ancient Greeks / Romans used to visit the Underworld and rescue loved ones all the sodding time.

(Eli is checking out the 1 leek exhibit in the local museum display. I'm off to see what's what at the local council.)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Reply from Des:

Ok boomer whateva u say 🙄
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

Leo is singing showtunes in our thread. This one is from The Music Man.

https://youtu.be/mvhFs2bdRpE?si=eYO0G1wYsMnZZdnz&t=131
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan sends a message:

"Izzy found a crumpled printout of an email from the Museum and Library trustees that says the building could not be sold by the council for development because it was bequeathed to the people in perpetuity by the former owner in 1936. Eli, can you please find out anything about that, and who its former owner was?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Eli sends a mesage.
Ok, one will try.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Oops, forgot to respond to Skipper’s visit to the town hall. Sorry Snapper, I’ll get onto that when I’ve got a spare minute!
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Cool cool.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Eli summarises his findings:
I looked up the 1891, 1901, 1911 and 1921 censuses, and found that the building was previously owned by the Llewellyn family. The father was a lawyer and had three daughters and a son. The son, by all accounts possibly perished in the Great War this was followed by Mrs. Llewellyn a year later in 1917. Later, the two eldest daughters married and flew the coop, leaving a Miss Ada Llewellyn to rattle around the place until she passed away in 1937, aged 84. From then it was bequeathed to the town for use as a library.
The exhibitions...(aside from a shocking lack of leeks....) from what I could make out were possible offerings which were discovered when Grove Road was widened. Also of interest was a stone tablet with some kind of figurine. There was little information forthcoming about this item and due to the state of the display case I couldn't get a good look at it.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Managed to get the minion at the council to fork over such paperwork as there is about the council trying to sell the library / museum. Confirmed what we already knew. Short was behind the move.

Eli's new friend the evil librarian Mrs Trindle was the one batting letters back to the council saying "No". Makes me start to wonder how much she knows or if she has a connection to the lollipop lady? Oy, Eli, after hitting her with your Dark Sarcasm, are you down in the Underworld toasting marshmallows with, umm, Hades? (Have to listen to Percy Jackson again for research.)

Voodoo Child: seriously, you can do magic, fly on a broom, and you know River Gods, but you claim to be an atheist? Isn't there a bit of crossed wiring there?

Where is everyone? Run out of fun to be had here. Badly need some leek soup. Has Des converted to Welshness?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Message from Des:

🙄
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Message from Eli

I wouldnt worry about Ms Trindle, she is a pussycat although her general disposition could freeze Hades. Although Snapper I would be careful crossing the road if i were you.....
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

That school crossing! Left me with a vague feeling of unease and guilt.

Which, coincidentally, is the title of my sex tape. :o

Heading toward the school.
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Message to group chat from Izzy:  
That's probably not a sex tape title you should be sharing with two police officers, just saying...

Will rendezvous with you soon, trying to find the lollipop lady now.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Message from Des:

Old people havin sex? 🤮
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Gordon Bennett. Not every joke is an admission of criminal offences. You plod are such kill joys.

Shall be at the school in short order. Fight the urge to arrest me for humour with intent.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Off to have tea with some lovely old dears.

Mrs Evans, the lollipop lady, is so old that no-one knows where she lives or what she eats or where she shops.

It seems most likely she lives in a coffin in a crypt, drinks blood, and we should be buying garlic, holy water, crucifixes, and silver bullets.

Voodoo 5-0: I really hope you and your Level 1 spells are a match for the greater undead...
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

OK, so the divorced first wife took the kids and went to Florida.

The upgrade - the younger Russian wife 2.0 in the grand mid-life crisis style - bailed when the locals got wind of his dodgy dealings. She's gone to Cardiff.

Got another 3 disappearances over the decades of people who were at the time behaving well villainously.

I have to say, everyone who has been disappeared well deserved it. Perhaps we should leave them all wherever they are?

On the topic, where are you all? I've finished my tea break. Will come and find.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Hey folks, I’m going to be away for a few days (short Easter break), so might not be posting much.

Return to “Rivers of London”