Page 1 of 1

Statement 3b: The Short Residence

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:28 pm
by jp1885
Councillor Short's home is a four bedroom mock Tudor detached house with a separate modern double garage, set in a quiet cul-de-sac a short climb up from Grove Street.

Outside, the front consists of a gravel driveway and the rear, judging from what you can see through the rhodedendron hedge, is a large garden studded with expensive garden furniture and topiary. Set to one side is a double garage, with enough room for two vehicles by your estimation.

Re: Statement 3b: The Short Residence

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Let's check out the garden first, see if there's anything in plain sight," says Jordan, remembering their last case.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:09 pm
by Philulhu

”Big place,” said Des, looking around.

”Did ‘e live on ‘is own?” she asked.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:20 pm
by Trivun

"He must have a partner or kids or something. I can't see him living in a four bed place like this without a family. Of course, if he's as dodgy as they say, he might have driven them away already..."

Izzy follows the others as they approach the house, key in hand ready to head on inside. Then again, surely they wouldn't have the key if there was another person living there who could let them in or be questioned...

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:51 pm
by jp1885
The back garden can be accessed by a side gate. It is tidy, and professionally well-maintained, if a little dishevelled after a few days of neglect. Somewhat gauche in design, it boasts expensive statuettes dotted here and there and a large pagoda set at the far end.

Access from the garden into the house is via a large set of bifold doors, which, as ascertained by peering through the glass, leads to a large kitchen-diner.

"Hey! What're you doin'? Burglars is it? I'll call the police!"

Peeking over the side gate is the wizened face of an old man, who bobs furiously up and down in an attempt to get a good look at you.

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:01 pm
by Trivun

Izzy, still reeling from the events at the crossing, and not in the mood for any further trouble, simply glares at the man over the side gate, as she pulls out her warrant card.

"Good news then, we've managed to get response times down to literally before you even call..."

The bobbing up and down is really getting on her nerves, what few are left unfrazzled at least. She forces herself to keep a level voice as she responds to the man.

"Guessing you're Mr. Short's neighbour? DC Cooper, looking into his disappearance." She gestures to the others to introduce themselves.

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:40 am
by Philulhu

Des looked over and nodded. ”’Sup?” she said.

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"I'm Dr. Jordan Schneider," says Jordan with a friendly wave.

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:09 am
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 314 times
I stand out in the front yard of the house and do a quick Sense Vestigia for the house and front garden before I catch up with the others

Sense Vestigia (60/30): 1d100

Leo follows the noise to the back and gets out his Warrant Card, waiting before speaking. "DC Leo Dansby," I say, smiling politely.

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:19 pm
by jp1885
"Ah, police is it?" replies the man, letting himself into the garden and looking around curiously.

"Yes, I'm his neighbour. Billy Williams I am. Most people call me Double Bill. Dodgy business this isn't it? Him buggering off like that, if you'll excuse my language. Always thought he was up to no good. Councillors - all the same ain't they?"

Attempting to peer through the bifold doors, he tuts.

"Nice place he's got here. Never invited Mrs. Williams and myself over though. Divorced mind you - left her for some young bint from Russia or somewhere. First wife went to live with their son in Florida and the bint's in Cardiff, last I heard."

Clearly Mr. Williams is very well informed!

Leo - you detect no discernible vestigia.

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:34 pm
by Trivun

So technically Izzy's first thought was right - there was a partner and kids, they just weren't around any more. Seems like Short had indeed driven them away, via trading in for a younger, sexier model. And then driven her away too. Or maybe put her up in some fancy apartment overlooking the Bay to use as a love nest while he stayed in the town house for work purposes. Either way, she doesn't seem to be here now.

"Can't really comment on politics while I'm on duty, no bias allowed."

Izzy pointedly doesn't mention her party membership card tucked away safely in her purse. And doesn't mention which party, though to her friends it's probably obvious.

"So the place is empty... in which case, we should be fine to have a look around. We have a key, we have a warrant, and we know there's no-one to let us in... By the way, Mr. Williams, do you know much about what Mr. Short had been getting up to?"

The man is clearly a gossip, so if he has any useful information then it's worth asking. They can always haul him in for a more formal questioning later on, even if he's not a suspect - 'helping the police with their enquiries', as it were.

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Do you know the name of the woman in Cardiff, or her address there?" asks Jordan.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:08 pm
by jp1885
"Ah, well most councillors are on the take aren't they?" Williams replies. "But Short was the worst of the lot - taking money from property developers isn't it? That big housing estate and the dual carriageway - he made sure the planning permission went through and suchlike."

"Now what was the girl's name? Anastasia wasn't it? Dunno her new address, but Mrs. Williams from the bakery saw her going into one of those swanky waterside flats at Cardiff Docks the other day,"
he sniffs. "Or so she told Mrs. Williams who runs the tearooms. She told Mrs. Williams who's married to me and, well I suppose I'm telling you."

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Thank you," says Jordan. "Do you know her last name?"

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:58 am
by Philulhu

Des had got bored of listening to the gossipy old man and wandered over to the pagoda, where she turned and looked up at the house. ’e must of been on the take to afford a gaff like that,’ she thought to herself. She’d never really thought about her own housing situation before. She’d always lived with family or occasionally stayed in a room at the Folly. She wondered if that was to be her lot in life or whether she’d ever be able to afford something like this.

She glanced around, looking to see if there was anything else at this end of garden.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 pm
by jp1885
Jordan - Williams blinks. "Why, her last name is Short - on account of them being married," he says. "Well, for the time being - buggering off to Cardiff isn't a good sign is it? Hey ho, I can't stand here all day helping you with your enquiries - Cash In The Attic's on in a minute."

He gives you a companionable nod and retreats back through the gate.

Izzy - The pagoda is new, tasteless and very expensive. You don't see anything interesting in or around the structure.

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"I think I'm beginning to understand what's going on here," says Jordan, when he sees what Skipper has sent them. "Whatever powerful force is at that crossing amplifies feelings of guilt. I felt guilty just for not being able to sense the vestigia. It had a much more powerful effect on you, Izzy, but only because you felt guilty. Your actions were completely justified, don't doubt it. Just imagine what it would do to an armed robber, or a deserter, or a murderous farm worker...or a bent Councilman. The ancient grove must have stood on that very spot, and it's still active. My guess is they were taken to the underworld for punishment, as they believed back in the Bronze Age."

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am
by Philulhu

Des wandered back to the rest of the group as Jordan finished his explanation. She shrugged and nodded towards the back door.

”We goin’ in?” she asked.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:58 am
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 157 times

"Yes, I suppose a look around the house is the next logical step. Given that we actually have permission and all..."

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:17 am
by Trivun

All things considered, Izzy is pretty certain that the Russian honeypot isn't the lead to be following here... a false lead if ever she saw one. Beyond that, however, Jordan's words strike a chord. And not a very pleasant one. Izzy doesn't want to think about what happened at the crossing, nor be reminded of Will Grimes, but it can't be avoided. The theory is sound, and she still hasn't said precisely what she saw.

"I... there was a sort of... portal," she says in a very quiet voice. "Drawing me in. Judging me."

Izzy looks slowly at each of the others in turn.

"If you're right... maybe Short went through it. Maybe the others did too..."

She shivers, a sudden chill running through her, and nothing to do with the cold weather of south Wales in winter.

"Yeah... we should go inside. See what we can find."

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Agreed," says Jordan. "Remember, you were found worthy. Otherwise, you wouldn't still be here."

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:45 am
by Trivun

Was she? She isn't sure. She feels more like she just had a stronger will to resist it... an advantage of already understanding magic and its power. No less guilty than those others who fell into its maw. But she says nothing of that, as Izzy silently nods and uses the key to open up Short's house for searching. Latex gloves on in case of evidence contamination.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:26 am
by Philulhu

Des took a pair of gloves and followed Izzy into the house, craning her neck and looking around.

Observation (60) 1d100

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:36 pm
by Trivun
  Sense Vestigia: 60%  
1d100
  Observation: 60%  
1d100
  Hard Success on one, reg. Success on t'other!  

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:01 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
Jordan enters and takes a look around, but he doesn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Observation roll (70% skill) in the Short residence:
d%

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:05 pm
by jp1885
The interior of the house is furnished in an expensive, if gaudy, fashion. An expensive kitchen leads to a hallway. Carved oak sideboards bear faded framed photographs of grandchildren, which have been shoved back in favour of snaps of a young blonde woman, smile straining under Botox, posing in various exotic locations.

Dyfed-Powys Police have already searched the house for incriminating evidence and a search uncovers nothing unusual

For her part, Izzy detects no discernible vestigia, but does notice something in a side room. Obviously a study or office of some kind (although all electronic devices and files have already been confiscated), the police detective notices a crumpled up piece of paper, tossed under a desk and resting against the skirting board.

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:58 pm
by Trivun

Of course the place has already been searched, it would be standard routine. If anything, Izzy is glad that they haven't found anything new, because it means the local plod have been doing their job right. Except...

She notices the crumpled paper, and wonders why it was missed. She picks it up, smooths it out, and takes a look to see what was missed...

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:14 am
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 349 times

Leo follows Izzy into the room off to the side, "Well, what have you found here? Did the locals miss something? I would hate to be the person who missed something important after Miss Stick-Up-Her-Ass finds out..."

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"It's possible they didn't," says Jordan. "Someone could have dropped - or planted - it here after the search."

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:50 pm
by jp1885
Unwrapping the paper, you discover what appears to be a printout of an email from the trustees of the Cwmllyn Museum and Library, responding to an enquiry from Councillor Short.
It states that the building cannot be sold by the local council for development, as it was bequeathed to the people of the town in perpetuity by it’s former owner in 1936.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:18 pm
by Trivun

Even with her recent misery and trauma overwhelming her mood, Izzy can't avoid a laugh of surprise and incredulity at the email. She reads it and then passes it to the others for the rest to see.

"Fucker was trying to sell the museum building... does he even own it? Or did he just assume the council did and he could do what he wanted with it?"

As the others read she hears her phone from her satchel bag, the TARDIS noise slightly muffled inside. Taking it out, she spots the group chat notification and catches up on the findings of the others at the museum, conveniently enough.

"Oi, might all want to read what Skipper and Eli have found. We still need to interview any witnesses, that doesn't change but the lollipop lady is now top of the queue."

As she reads on, however, her blood freezes as she spots the discussion of "sending enemies to the Underworld". Izzy replies quickly to the text, that no, she doesn't know of any Underworld in real life... but her sighting of the portal at the crossing has chilled her to the bone. Is that where she's headed? Sooner rather than later?

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Maybe Skipper and Eli can find out more about this attempt to sell the Museum and Library while they're there," suggests Jordan.

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:36 pm
by Philulhu

”An’ find out how not to be such an arse’ole,” muttered Des, as she typed her reply to the group chat.

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 am
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Leo reads the email and chuckles. "It could have been worse for the city." He started singing, "He left River City the library building, but he left all the books to her... I just love a good musical..."

"While I am mildly disappointed we didn't find any vestigia, I am glad to have this one checked off. The sooner we're done with her, the better."

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:33 pm
by jp1885
  So what are your plans folks?  

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy

I think we were going to talk to the lollipop lady.

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:07 am
by Philulhu
Have we checked all the rooms here?

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:30 pm
by SaintMeerkat
Check anything that's left of the rest of the house and property, and then got to the lollipop lady.

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:24 pm
by jp1885
Continuing your search, you discover nothing else of interest in the house, save perhaps the expensive model 3 Tesla in the garage and the tacky king-size bed with velveteen, heart-shaped headboard and satin sheets.

Outside it continues to drizzle, casting a dull grey pall over the hills that surround the town.

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:18 am
by Philulhu

”Tink we done,” said Des, shaking her head at the dreadful bedroom. He was obviously trying to impress someone but had missed by a mile and ended up with the dream bedroom of a nine year old girl…

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:39 am
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 527 times

When Leo sees the Tesla as he's poking around in the garage, for just a moment, he is tempted to sand it, but then remembers he is a professional. The last time they sanded posh cars, it was for a worthy cause -- to prevent the racers from escaping. This time, he would just be a little jealous twit if he did it.

"I'm a professional...' he murmurs to his colleagues. "Nice ride, though."

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Yeah, if you like waiting hours to recharge it," says Jordan. "They've also been known to burst into flames if you look at them funny. I'll take a petrol car any day."

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:41 am
by Trivun

"I've never understood people who want to drive in London..." says the girl who has a driver's license but no car. The Underground is more than enough for her, except when she needs to drive a pool car for work reasons.

It's clear though, that Izzy is just trying to find anything she can to keep her mind off of things. A distraction from the crossing and the vision of the portal. She doesn't respond to Skipper's message, although strangely enough his words give her some kind of unexpected comfort. The affirmation that she's good to Alice. The suggestion of visiting the Underworld to recover her if needed. And she even cracks a smile at Des' 'boomer' comment. Besides, at least they seem to be making progress.

"I don't think there's anything else to find here. This was all about the investigation into Short's backhanders, and that's been looked at by the local force. We just want to find out where he's gone, and for that we need to dig deeper into this grove. And the history of it."

Izzy has a final scan of the place before nodding.

"Time to find this lollipop lady and question her. And then work through the list of other locals. It's small enough we might be able to get the whole town questioned before dinner."

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Okay, let's go," says Jordan.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:31 am
by Philulhu

”Shotgun!” said Des, quickly grabbing the front seat.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 pm
by jp1885
Heading out the Short's cul-de-sac takes you back out on to Grove Street. A few yards away, a trio of old ladies are gossiping outside a convenience store, while a white van pulls up nearby and a fellow in overalls exits, carrying a toolbox into a betting shop. Opposite, a young woman pushes a pram along the pavement, stopping to chat to an older woman coming the other way. In other words, life goes on as normal.

However, one figure that is conspicuous by their absence is the lollypop lady.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:17 pm
by Philulhu
What time of day is it? You’d probably only expect a school crossing person around 8.45am and 3.00pm.

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:20 pm
by jp1885
  It's late morning - 11-ish.  

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:31 pm
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"It doesn't sound like her to miss a day of work," says Jordan. "Of course, there are no children to cross at the moment. She would be a good witness to interview. Shall we ask the people here where she might be?"

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:33 pm
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 453 times

Leo unfolds himself out of the tiny, uncomfortable back seat and has a look around. After noticing the three ladies, he suddenly gets serious Macbeth vibes, and shivers. "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes," he murmurs.

Leo moves to where the lollypop lady would normally stand and reaches out with the force.

Sense Vestigia (60/30): 1d100

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:17 pm
by jp1885
The most logical place to look for the lollipop lady is to go back to the school crossing. From the school - a relatively modern building next to a Victorian school chapel - you hear the sounds of classes in full swing.

Leo - Once again, you clear your mind and concentrate...

You immediately pick up the sense of happy children and busy parents, chatter, shouting, and the occasional beep of a horn. Cutting through all this a feeling of calm and steadying presence; guiding, reassuring yet also judging.

Then it hits you.

Memories of all the bad things you have done rise unbidden in your mind.

What do you most feel guilty about? Describe it.

As the knowledge wracks you with remorse and shame, you find yourself being dragged towards a yawning black portal to face the judgement you so rightly deserve.

Shame.

Wickedness.

Guilt.

Then suddenly, as if the portal doors are slammed shut in your face, you find yourself back on the school crossing - bleak rainy wind tousling your hair.

Are the rest of you following Leo? If not, what are you up to?  

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:11 am
by Philulhu

”She prob’ly at home,” said Des, who was the one who had most recently been at school, and therefore had a better idea (as she saw it) of the mysterious lives of lollipop ladies between the start and end of the school day.

”Go an’ ask at de school. Dey should know where she live.”

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"Good idea," says Jordan.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:57 pm
by jp1885
The most convenient walk to the school is via the school crossing. if you wish to go this way, please roll Vestigia with Leo.

Despite all your distractions and, dare I say, lack of concentration, you nonetheless feel that something is different about the road crossing: a build-up of some kind of power. It is difficult to identify, but you'd put money on something Falcon related. This failure to pick anything up leaves you with a vague sense of unease and guilt.

Concentrating, you immediately pick up the sense of happy children and busy parents, chatter, shouting, and the occasional beep of a horn. Cutting through all this a feeling of calm and steadying presence; guiding, reassuring yet also judging.

Then it hits you.

Memories of all the bad things you have done rise unbidden in your mind.

What do you most feel guilty about? Describe it.

As the knowledge wracks you with remorse and shame, you find yourself being dragged towards a yawning black portal to face the judgement you so rightly deserve.

Shame.

Wickedness.

Guilt.

Then suddenly, as if the portal doors are slammed shut in your face, you find yourself back on the school crossing - bleak rainy wind tousling your hair.

Avoiding the crossing will entail walking across Grove Street elsewhere. While traffic is relatively light, you'll still need a successful Observation roll to spot oncoming vehicles - the school crossing is there for a reason!

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 pm
by Trivun

Izzy was hoping not to have to come here again... but the job requires it, and so she reluctantly comes to Grove Street once more, on the lookout for the lollipop lady. But she sees nobody. Only... Leo, sensing something strange... the same dark presence that she herself felt, not an hour before?

The others can use the crossing if they want. On their own heads be it. But there's no way in Hades that Izzy is using that crossing point, not after what happened earlier. She'll take the long way, and keep her head as much as she can...

Observation: 60%  
1d100
Izzy almost skips along the road, artfully dodging any of the relatively light traffic that might be present. Just glad to be away from the crossing itself...

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:25 am
by Philulhu

There was no way Des was using the crossing after what had happened to Izzy, so she chose a space further down the road to cross…

Observation (60) 1d100

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:40 am
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 400 times

As happened earlier with his colleague, Izzy, Leo is suddenly violently assaulted by his sins of his past. Eyes still closed, he sees every failure fly by while he is like Dorothy in the tornado. Except instead of a tornado, Leo sees a black portal as scenes of guilt and failure fly around his head. His pulse soars as the onslaught begins.

The skittles Hall in flames, his failure to be there to help his father and sister with his mother and her gradually receding personhood, all the lies he told his parents including the ones about his first relationships before he came out them, all are in horrifying Technicolor detail, swirling around him until he dropped to his knees, sobbing. Hot tears rolled down Leo's cheeks as he knelt there in the middle of the street.

Even after the portal closes, he remains stunned for a few moments. It takes a bit for him to regain his composure, and he reddens as he sees the damp spots on his shirt and tie. He takes a calming breath and slowly rises.

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
Jordan reasons that it's safer for him to use the crossing than to risk getting run over, considering his inability to sense vestigia, and besides, jaywalking would just give him something about which to feel guilty. When he sees Leo go down, his decision is confirmed, and he hurries into the crossing to get him the rest of the way across. "It's gotten more powerful this time," he says. "I feel bad for being blind to vestigia, but at least it's an advantage now."

Sense Vestigia roll (30% base skill) in the crossing:
d%

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:45 am
by Philulhu

Des strolled up. ”Same ‘ting again?” she said to Leo. Des, ”Wot did u see?”

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:12 pm
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 368 times
As Leo climbs to his feet, he nods at Des and Jordan. "Yeah, same thing..." And then, "In the past, I have been knocked on my arse. This was so much worse..."

"Thank you both," he murmured as he slowly became the old Leo, and slowly headed out of the street to the safer sidewalk. "For a moment, I thought it was going to suck me in. Then, poof..."

Observation (60/30): 1d100

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:35 pm
by jp1885
While somewhat stricken, Leo notices an oncoming vehicle and waits for it to pass

Once you are all collected by the school entrance, perhaps it is prudent to wait for Eli and Skipper.

I'll finish up the other thread soon, then we'll all continue in a new one.  

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:38 pm
by Trivun

Izzy is relieved she didn't cross at the crossing point, and she nods to Des as the younger woman joins her, pleased to see her taking the sensible option. However, she can't avoid a vague sense of guilt and worry for Leo as she witnesses him drop to the floor in much the same way that she did previously. She joins him and Jordan on the other side of the road as they make their way over.

"You okay?" She doesn't ask what precisely he saw. Though the reason for her own feeling of guilt is already known by everyone else (they were there, after all), Izzy isn't about to be nosy and uncover something that's personal to her colleague and friend. Best leave it for him to say, if he wants to. But she can still support him regardless.

She murmurs to him as an aside, while they wait for the others.

"If you want to talk about what you saw, then I'm happy to listen. No judgement. But, no pressure, okay?"

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:19 am
by Philulhu

Des looked at Skipper’s last text message. ”’E finks ’e’s bein’ funny. ‘E’s such a nob!” she said.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:34 pm
by SaintMeerkat
DC Leo Dansby.jpg
DC Leo Dansby.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 190 times

Eli shivers. "Well, yes, and no..." He reaches for his pocket handkerchief and dabs his eyes with it. "It's powerful stuff that. Not helping enough with my Mom with Alzheimer's. The skittles hall in flames. But probably nothing like what you went through...mine must seem mild compared to yours."

"And that thing trying to suck me in. I wonder what that was about. Did you feel that, too?"

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Jordan.png
"You're welcome, Leo," says Jordan, "I didn't feel that, but it has definitely grown in power since the first time. I felt vaguely guilty, but it didn't overwhelm me. I think the worst thing I did was punch a Nazi, which violates my oath to do no harm, but I think under the circumstances it was excusable. He did hit me first, and I treated him afterwards."

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:43 pm
by jp1885
  Time to go back to school - viewtopic.php?f=495&t=7788