Statement 4: Back to School

As a London copper, I’ve seen some pretty weird shit, but even I was taken aback when I learned that magic was actually a thing. Real, proper magic, with spells and everything!

Also, ghosts are real! And vampires, trolls, fairies, river gods… and there’s this whole subculture of weirdos and half-fae… oh, and don’t get me started on talking bloody foxes…

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Metropolitan Police secretly know all about this crap. There’s the Special Assessment Unit, run from this posh house called The Folly by a posh Detective Inspector called Nightingale (and his apprentice Peter Grant), that investigates supernatural crimes and other weird bollocks. And it turns out, they’re recruiting…

Moderator: jp1885

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: Statement 4: Back to School

Post by jp1885 »

Handcuffed and hauled to his feet, the miscreant glares daggers at you all, but remains resolutely tight-lipped

I think a hard Social test is required to get him to open up.  
While you gather in Short's hallway, you receive a call from DS Singh.

"Okay, everyone's heading back. The accident wasn't as bad as everyone was led to believe," she announces with some irritation. "I hear you're investigating a break-in at Short's. Have you apprehended a suspect? If so, bring them back to the station but PLEASE don't make a scene - school's out and there are kids and parents everywhere. Oh, and watch out for traffic - it's bedlam at school pick-up."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"We should definitely detour around the school," says Jordan. If they bring their prisoner through the crossing, he has no doubt that the man will disappear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Eli looks into the POI'S eyes......and gets nothing.
OOC:   I was just gauging his reaction to her name. Is it worth 16 luck?  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Hmm… I wouldn’t spend 16 Luck on this ;)  
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Snapper »

Skipper was instantaneously back. And grinning. "Showtime!"

"And we can't take the prisoner off your hands, that's a proppa coppa job, and we're civvies. "
He pointed at the Welshman in question. "Needs to be banged up down the nick by at least one proppa coppa."

"On the other hand, what you need is some covert surveillance of your magic vampire lollipop lady. See where her gaff actually is. And covert surveillance happens to be my speciality. For once, I can get the little drone out."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

A quick 'shuftie' around the house fails to uncover any compatriots of the scowling thief, who, after a little resistance, allows himself to be led out of the house.

Feeling the neighbours' eyes boring into you from behind twitching curtains, you lead the man out of the cul-de-sac, towards Grove Street.

The main road is considerably busier than before, jammed with cars queueing up on the school run. Meanwhile, the pavements are lined with parents, some pushing prams or pushchairs, on a similar mission to retrieve their offspring.

Getting across the road anywhere other than the school crossing would be a dangerous exercise.

[54] = 54
POW 40 1d100: [ 54 ] = 54

As if realising this, your charge seems to instinctively turn towards the crossing.

The school bell rings and there, standing at the crossing holding 'Stop' sign aloft, is the lollipop lady...

POW rolls everyone please...  
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Snapper »

1d%p55%

Hard Success.  
Trivun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by Trivun »

Of course for Izzy, the aim is to bring the suspect by literally any route other than the crossing, even avoid that street entirely if possible. She doesn't care if he stays silent for now, as long as he speaks when held in detention. Solicitor or not. But, with the layout of the roads, Grove Street can't be avoided fully. Even though, as she tells him specifically, she agrees fully with Skipper's suggested plan.

Alas, they head on out, forced by circumstance to bring the lad cuffed by the most risky route possible - the only route possible. And there, Izzy finally sees the lollipop lady, face to face...

POW roll: 60%  
1d100
  Damn, that's a fail. Assuming I can't given the roll but if it's still possible, can I also attempt to roll Strength to try and grab the guy and pull him back, and stop him from running away towards the crossing?  
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

DC Leo Dansby.jpg

Social (30/15): 1d100

OOC:   Fail  

"And I hear it's Judge Meany's week to preside. I hear the last kid who shoplifted he gave public caning. It's a Tyburn necktie for you, mate."

POW (80/40): 1d100

OOC:   Success  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jordan.png
"Don't even think about it," says Jordan, putting a strong hand on the prisoner's shoulder to try to keep him from making a run for it, and especially to keep him from getting any closer to the crossing. "Trust me, you'd regret it forever."

Thanks, I'd forgotten to make the Social roll!

Social roll (70% skill) to get the prisoner to open up to us:
d%
POW roll (30% stat) near the crossing:
d%
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Through the bustling crowd Eli's eyes are drawn towards the stoic lollipop lady......
  Oh....my....giddy.....aunt....🤯  
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

POW (70) 1d100

Edit: Hard success!

Des scowled as she eyed up the grandmotherly figure in the fluorescent jacket. ”Dat her, den? Wot u fink she’s gunna do?”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

For a brief moment, Jordan's bedside mnanner causes the thief to falter.

"M-my name's Steve Lewis. I my boss sent me to the house boss to find some paperwork that'd get him into trouble, but I couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd help myself to a nice telly instead," he intones.

"Not the first time I've been bad. I'm guilty..."

"Guilty - and I must be judged..."

He keeps walking towards the crossing, alongside by Izzy (who's strength seems to have failed her) and Eli (who follows almost instinctively).

Skipper, Leo, Jordan and Des - as you feel the glamour washing over you, you steel yourselves against the flow...

Spending 40 Luck to beat your POW rolls.

...but fighting it is like hacking through the woods with a spoon. The power, like a venerable oak, is mighty, ancient and unyielding.

Your minds scream at you to stop, but your limbs are not listening...

New topic coming right up...  

Return to “Rivers of London”