IC -2 - Yesterday Upon the Stair - Everyone

The Old Barnaker House. Every kid has heard about it. Everybody has a different awful story about it. All of them agree it is a very bad place.

But here you are on Halloween Night, all because of that jerk Roger. He dared you and your friends to spend the night there. You couldn’t let him bully you.You will show him who is chicken! Everybody knows that there are no such things as ghosts. Everybody knows that, right?

So get your slingshot and your pocket knife. Grab some candy and ready your Rubik’s Cube. You and your friends are going to go face-to-face with the horrors of the Barnaker House.

Hopefully you will live to see the dawn.

The Barnaker House is waiting...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: IC -2 - Yesterday Upon the Stair - Harry and Kyle

Post by Mephistophilis »

Darren swings the crowbar over Ian's head, straight into the mirror, which shatters in a shower of splinters and chunks of silver-backed glass shards. As the sparkling fragments rain down onto the floor, there are several high pitched screeching sounds, and a number of little black and brown shapes scurry away into the shadows in the corners of the room.

Ian shakes his head, and turns to look at his brother. 'Darren, why is grandma in the mirror? I thought you and mom said she was dead?' Then he wrinkles his nose. 'And what's that horrible smell?'
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Re: IC -2 - Yesterday Upon the Stair - Harry, Kyle and Darren

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"What are you talking about Ian ?she's been dead nearly two years now! Why did you come i here by yourself? You know this house isnt safe, you could've fallen through the floor or anything!!"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

"Maybe I can point my flashlight to his eyes to see if I can distract him?" - says Kyle.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kyle shines his torch into Ian's face and he blinks, and shakes his head some more. 'Ow, quit it Kyle.' He shakes his head again and looks around. 'I, err, I...I think I came in here because Grandma was calling me Darren. Yeah, she was calling me. She said "Come here Ian, come and see Grandma." And she was there, in the mirror, it was Grandma.'

He shudders and stands a bit closer to Darren. He looks scared. 'Was that really Grandma Darren? Why's she in the Barnaker House?'
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Darren puts his arm around his brothers shoulders, "No it wasnt, i don't know what it was but it wasnt Grandma.From now on you dont leave my side! There's something spooky going on in this house and i dont like it! Harry, Kyle lets get Shirley and Louis and get outta here. I dont care about Rodger he cant do anything worse to us than than this Amityville house can!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's go downstairs and find Shirley and Louis first," says Harry, thinking that Darren seems to be making a habit of breaking mirrors. Good thing that didn't really bring years of bad luck; that was just a superstition. "We can decide what to do once we're all back together."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"So, let's go down and find the others"
Kyle feels very relieved with the idea of leaving this house, so he starts the descent.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Darren holds Ian's hand tightly, determined not to lose him again and follows the rest.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

When they reach the bottom of the stairs, Roger is standing in the middle of the hallway. He has a disconcerting grin on his face like he knows something they don't. But he doesn't look too good. He looks a bit battered, like he's been in a fight or something.

-----

Then there is a sound, a dull thud. It seems to be coming from the front porch. There it is again. A thumping sound. Someone, or something is pounding on the door. Roger starts at the sound and stares at the door, he seems genuinely surprised. 'You expecting one of your loser friends to turn up late?' he asks.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"Whats up Roger scared?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wasn't expecting anyone," says Harry. "It's probably not the squatter. Someone who lives here wouldn't bother to knock."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Bite me barf-face,' Roger scoffs at Darren. He pulls a key out of his shirt and walks calmly to the front door and unlocks it. The hammering continues against the door. 'Whoa, chill-out you lamo, I'm...'

The door flies inwards, knocking Roger back into the hall. Framed in the open doorway is a man, dripping with rain, silhouetted by a flash of lightning. It's not a man, it's Ace Simmons, Roger's older brother, soaked to the bone. He looks pissed.

Ace grabs Roger by the collar, lifting him off the floor. 'Where the fuck have you been, you little shit?' He slaps Roger across the face. 'All week without any word. Mom's been shitting herself with worry you puke-eating dick-bag.' He slaps him again, not so hard this time.

'Ace, Ace, I dinna mean it,' he mumbles out of swollen cheeks. 'I've had to go asking round your loser friends where you were. Pissing about in the old Barnaker house...' he pulls his hand back again.

'I dinna mean to worry you or mom, I c'n explain everyfing...Gimme a minute...'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Harry stays out of this, standing behind Darren for protection and concealment.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Kyle stays behind Harry to try tpo avoid that Roger older brother notices him.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

Louis ducks back into the kitchen and peeps round the corner to watch.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Darren moves Ian behind him, trying to shield him from the two bullies.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC -2 - Yesterday Upon the Stair - Everyone

Post by Mephistophilis »

Shirley rushes out the living room, calling out, 'Guys! Louis is not downstairs,' until she catches sight of Louis peering out of the kitchen, and sees Darren, Ian, Kyle, and Harry all standing around the open front door. Ace Simmons silhouetted by flashing lightning, hoisting Roger by his collar. He seems to whisper-beg, 'Please don’t hit me,' but Ace strikes him hard across the face with the back of his hand in a staggering blow that leaves his face misshapen and swollen. Roger gurgles something incomprehensible.

A sudden gust of wind blows the front door shut. Ace turns to look at it, dropping Roger onto the floor. Roger pulls himself up from his hands and knees and stands. His face transforms from a look of terror and hurt to a growing, hideous snarl. In one fluid motion, Roger pulls a large knife from the back of his waist band and plunges it into Ace's gut. His brother stumbles back, blood spreading across his t-shirt from the wound. Roger withdraws the blade and Ace clutches at the gash in his abdomen, futilely attempting to staunch the bleeding with his hands.

'Why?' Ace asks his brother pitifully, as the colour drains from his face. Roger grins and holds out the knife, the blade smeared crimson and dripping onto the floor. 'I said, don’t hit me,' he replies. Ace drops to one knee, then collapses onto the floor as the life fades from his eyes, a pool of glistening blood spreads out around him and soaks into the floorboards.

Roger turns and looks at the others, holding up the blood soaked knife, shaking it at them. 'You want some too?'

Witnessing Roger’s horrific murder of his brother requires a Sanity check for 1D4/1D6+4 points of Sanity loss. Let me know if you lose 5pts or more, or if you've lost more than 1/5th of your SAN today.
LiviaBlue
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by LiviaBlue »

SAN (63%):
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6+4

Shirley doesn't even have time to process that Louis is standing just across from her or that she is no longer alone downstairs as the fight escalates quickly before her eyes. She gasps loudly before covering her mouth with her hands, instinctively stepping back until she is pressed against the door frame of the living room.

"You stabbed him!" She shouts the obvious, panicked and shocked by what just happened.

Her eyes dart from Roger to Ace, looking back and forth frantically, horrified by how much blood is pooling on the floor but being too scared to get close enough to try to help in any way.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

sanity:64
1d100
Pass. So is it 1d4 for the loss?
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Yep, if you pass still 1d4, you just saw a young teenager try and murder his brother

Return to “The Dare”