Postie, Postie… (everyone)

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Postie, Postie… (everyone)

Post by Philulhu »

Main Road, Strathmorn, Inverness-shire
Thursday 19 March 1931. 4.30pm

Were it not for the small sign over the door, it would have been easy to have mistaken the Post Office for a residential home. Pushing open the door, there was a ‘ding’ from a bell above their heads and they found themselves in the hallway of the house. To their right, stairs lead upwards and in front of them, a fold-down table blocked the passage that lead to the rear of the house. A leaflet holder to one side held leaflets explaining the various services on offer.

A middle-aged man dressed in shirt, tie and waistcoat emerged from the passageway, smoothing down the fine red hair stretched over his balding pate. He glanced at the clock on the wall, and said, “Guid afternoon, lady and gentlemen. How can I help ye? Last post is in thirty minutes.”
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: Postie, Postie… (everyone)

Post by Joajackson »

Philulhu wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:12 am Main Road, Strathmorn, Inverness-shire
Thursday 19 March 1931. 4.30pm

Were it not for the small sign over the door, it would have been easy to have mistaken the Post Office for a residential home. Pushing open the door, there was a ‘ding’ from a bell above their heads and they found themselves in the hallway of the house. To their right, stairs lead upwards and in front of them, a fold-down table blocked the passage that lead to the rear of the house. A leaflet holder to one side held leaflets explaining the various services on offer.

A middle-aged man dressed in shirt, tie and waistcoat emerged from the passageway, smoothing down the fine red hair stretched over his balding pate. He glanced at the clock on the wall, and said, “Guid afternoon, lady and gentlemen. How can I help ye? Last post is in thirty minutes.”

Father Ó Shaban, unnatural as one could be, entered first, with an elderly smile and demeanour.

"Hello, good man. A bleasurre to meet yeh. We are looking for Gorrdon Mcbhee."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

“Well, that would be me. What can I dae fer help?” he replied with a smile.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" The good Reverand pointed us towards you. We are looking into the local history of the place and he mentioned tou may know the whereabouts of the journal of his predecessor Father McPhee? He mentioned that the Manors owner had returned from Africa and our Mr Ascot here has also returned from that part of the world and was curious to see which parts. "
Last edited by BoyBlunder78 on Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Ascot nods agreeably. "Always interested to hear about old Africa hands who've come back to the mother country," he says, colonial African accent sounding more distinct than ever.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bonnie decides it's best to do nothing but smile and look pretty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Archie McPhee was ma great grandfather,” Gordon replied. “But I dinnae have any of his papers. Ma wife got fed up of them lying around the house, as she put it, so they went to the library in Inverness a few years back.” Hearing herself mentioned, Mrs McPhee looked down the corridor to see what was going on.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot looks disappointed, which indeed he is.

"Did you ever read any of them by any chance? Particularly in regard to the African connection."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

“Not fer many a year,” replied Gordon. “At one time I’d thought about getting them written up and the last but one Reverend was keen but then he moved on and our bairns came along so the journal got put in a box…” He turned and smiled at his wife, shrugging apologetically.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Dr Douglas turns to Bonnie " Maybe a quick run to the library msy be in order before we face the mansion?"
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

BoyBlunder78 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:38 am Dr Douglas turns to Bonnie " Maybe a quick run to the library msy be in order before we face the mansion?"
Father Ó Shaban with interest answered to that.

"Ah, ze investigation of ze documents is always to my likings. If anyone finds it morre interresting to take carre of any ozer task, feel relaxed zat I shall obtain all ze information of ze documents."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"You speak for us bith Father with at least the two of us should make qyucker work."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Aye, my thoughts exactly," says Bonnie. "I'm sure Matt can spin us to Inverness before the library closes, but will we have enough time this evening to look for it? We may have to go in the morning."

What time does the library in Inverness close?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

You can’t be sure about the library (unless Ascot can remember with a KNOW roll) but most public buildings will close at 5.00pm.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot smiles happily. "I don't think we're in any rush, are we? I'm sure the library will be shut soon and certainly long before we could get back this evening, never mind the dangers of travelling after dark."

"The first rule of big game hunting is never miss a decent meal if you don't have to."

"I would suggest we enjoy the dinner at the Strathmorn Hotel tonight. We have an early night and early breakfast tomorrow. Then we head back to Inverness before a return trip later tomorrow."

"We have a saying in Africa: slowly slowly catchee monkey."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Aye, quite sensible," says Bonnie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich