The Pollis

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: The Pollis

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Fail by 2!!! Is it worth burning2 luck?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Entirely your call. Alternatively, you could push the roll but if you fail, the consequences would be severe such as Jamie refusing to have anything else to do with you.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

too early for those push shenanigans!! I'll burn the luck.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Boo… :roll:

Dr Douglas studied the young man sat on his prison cot intently. Whatever had happened to Donald McColl that dark night up in Strathmorn, Jamie McLeod was telling the truth.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"Did you see any sign of Mr Mcoll in the building, or any of anyone/thing in there?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

“I never saw him,” said McLeod, tears starting to form in his eyes. “I don’t remember much about the house. I was so tired, I just wanted to sleep.”
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Philulhu wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:40 pm “I never saw him,” said McLeod, tears starting to form in his eyes. “I don’t remember much about the house. I was so tired, I just wanted to sleep.”
Father O Shaban, still looking around the place with interest, spoke almost to himself but at the same time clearly doing it as a question towards the almost tearing man.

"Beforre and after sleebing, wherre yourr shoes ze same?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Ma shoes?” said McLeod, looking puzzled. “I don’t understand, Father. Why would ma shoes be any different?”

He looked down at his feet. He wore a battered pair of working men’s boots which showed signs of considerable wear and tear. ”These are them. The only ones I’ve got.”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Dr Douglas turns to Sarjeant Lorimer "what evidence have you git against him? Other than he just happened to be in the building? "
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Philulhu wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:05 pm ”Ma shoes?” said McLeod, looking puzzled. “I don’t understand, Father. Why would ma shoes be any different?”

He looked down at his feet. He wore a battered pair of working men’s boots which showed signs of considerable wear and tear. ”These are them. The only ones I’ve got.”
BoyBlunder78 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:32 pm Dr Douglas turns to Sarjeant Lorimer "what evidence have you git against him? Other than he just happened to be in the building? "
Father Ó Shaban seemed to think for a moment and then asked towards McLeod.

"How much forr ze shoes? I can pay forr Mister Hamish to get you new ones. And I keeb yourrs."

Wathever was the conclusion of that he asked the Sargent Lorimer something.

"Where was ze body found? Nearr or far away from ze house?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

McLeod looked at the others. Was this some kind of joke? Why was this weird old priest trying to buy his shoes?

Before he could answer, Serjeant Lorimer interrupted and said, ”Sorry, Father, but ye cannae take his shoes away. They might be needed as evidence.”

“Speaking of which,” he continued, turning to Dr Douglas, “Strathmorn is an isolated place, miles from anywhere. If any strangers had been in the village they’d have been seen. When Donald McColl was murdered there was only one person who couldnae vouch for his whereabouts, and that was young Jamie here.”

“As for where the body was found, all I know was that it was found in the village. I didnae attend the scene of the crime as I’d been working nights that week.”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"How did he die? Where is the body now?" Dr Douglas asked Sarjeant Lorimer.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I was about to ask if strangers were in Strathmorn, so that answers that question," says Bonnie. "What can ye tell us about Donald McColl, Sarjeant?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Serjeant Lorimer thought for a moment. “He was well-liked, I reckon. Bit of a local celebrity - he could toss a caber like nae one else for miles around. Mind ye, me and ma lads had tae have words with him from time tae time. The Earl disnae take kindly to locals poaching his birds. Nivver actually caught him in the act, but when ye find a man ‘oot fae a walk’ in the early hours, ye ken what he’s been up tae.”

He shook his head. “Once the coroner was done with him, he was buried at the local kirk. Closed coffin - he wasnae a pretty sight.”

“Now, has anyone got any more questions for young Jamie here? Otherwise, I’ll need tae be getting on.”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Have you the coroners report? Dr Douglas asks?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

“I’ve nae, but I’m sure the Inspector’s got a copy,” replied Serjeant Lorimer.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Dr Douglas pops outside to ask the inspector of he may see a copy of the coroners report.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank ye, I have nae more questions," says Bonnie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Inspector Sinclair looks less than pleased when Dr Douglas enters his room and asks for a copy of the coroner’s report. He bellows down the corridor, Serjeant Lorimer! What are these civilians still doing in my police station?!”

Hearing his boss yell, Lorimer says, “He’s nae happy!Ye’d better go!” and he showed the party to the front desk. As he hold the door open for them to leave, he says quietly, “I’ll tell ye one thing. McColl was torn to shreds. I’m nae sure that McLeod could have done that!” He nodded and let the door close, leaving them out on the street.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Dr Douglas turns to.his companions, "i must say im in a mind to agree with Lorimar,that boy is in no state to rip a bridey to bits let alone a grown man! Something else is afoot here i fear."

Return to “The Horror on the Glen”