The Sneck (Everyone)

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: The Sneck (Everyone)

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"Well Ascot good to see you had a productive day, that map,could be invaluable. After a rather frosty introduction to the Inspector(I'm afraid i don't think we can count on much police assistance.), we met the accused. His story was that he had simply fallen asleep in the building and had not seen the victim. Simply a victim of circumstance, a ckassic case of wrong person, wrong time. The body according to a local Sarjeant had been 'ripped to shreds' something I think we can all agree that the scrawny specimen in custody couldnt possibly be capable of."
Dr Douglas sits back swilling a single malt whiskey. "He did mention a local Reverand though who had warned him of the....erm...'ghosts'. He might be the man to speak to regarding local superstitions and also this 'Duncan' you've heard mention of."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Aye, it's possible that Duncan or the widow did it," says Bonnie, "or both together, if they were each other's alibi. It's also possible that a wild beastie is responsible, considering the damage to the body. We willna need to wait for the bus. We can all fit in my car."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

"Your car sounds like an excellent idea."

"So the victim was ripped to sheds? What could do that in Scotland, I wonder? All the large carnivores native to Britain have been hunted to extinction long since. Somebody's pet perhaps? The rich and famous do have a tendency to bring exotic animals home as pets. Lions and tigers, that sort of thing. I'd expect the local police would have thought of that already though. And you'd hope someone would report their lost lion."

"I suppose we cannot discount man's capacity for violence, though. Perhaps I'll bring my hunting piece along, eh?"
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

The Father, being visibly the most supernaturally minded of the entire group spoke.

"My good combanions, forrgiveness, but I believe zat ze man zat we met could have done it. Zere is zings zat can drive a man to burre destructive madness, ze men of ze west may not underrstand. But sir Ascot surrely has seen of zings of the farr away, zings zat can cause men to do strangely zings."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And I shall bring mine," says Bonnie to Ascot. "If there is a beastie, we'll be well prepared. Loch Ness is actually not far from Strathmorn, and there's said to be a monster in the loch, but I've never heard of it coming on land." She points out the loch on the map.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot chuckles happily over his Darjeeling. "A monster in the loch, I love it."

"And, Father you are of course right, man is the most dangerous animal of all. But still, plenty of rich folk have brought big animals home as pets. I don't imagine lions and tigers would much love the climate, but those white bears in the Arctic are downright terrifying. We shall have to wait and see what we can find."

"Shall we have a spot of lunch?"

OOC:   Is it about lunchtime or earlier?  
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Shaking his head with a wry smile. "Demonic possession, wee ghosties and now poor ole Nessie.Should ."be a curious few days
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

As if on cue, the concierge approached. “Will ye wanting some lunch? And if I may enquire about your plans for the rest of the day so I can give the chef some advance notice for tonight?”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

I think a spot of lunch would be perfect, then maybe grab any supplies we may need for our little hunting trip?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Aye, lunch sounds good to me too," says Bonnie. "Ye'll like Scottish cooking, gents."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"It's always a good idea to set out on a full stomach. You never know. So, Scottish lunch."
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Mr. Handy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:52 am Image

"Aye, lunch sounds good to me too," says Bonnie. "Ye'll like Scottish cooking, gents."
" Oh aye, food of the gods!" Dr Douglas says clasping his hands together, a broad smile spreading across his face.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

A lunch of Scotch pie and stories was served in the dining room, with tea and black bun to follow.

As they finished the concierge approached. “Did I hear ye right? Are ye planning to move on today or would ye like me to keep your rooms open?”

No need to roleplay the gathering of equipment (unless you want to). Most things will be available within reason. Just let me know what you’re thinking of and I’ll let you know if it’s available.

Father Ó Shaban has already booked a room for the night in the Strathmorn Hotel.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"You have heard correct my man, we will be leaving today. Could you possibly arrange some rooms for us at the Strathmorn Hotel please?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

“Very good. I’ll get a telegram away for ye. Will there be anything else?” replied the concierge.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We could use a ride to my home, please," says Bonnie. "From there, we can take my car."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"I shall just pack my trunk, collect the hunting piece and I'll be ready to go. Shan't take me more than five minutes."

Rourke looks eminently pleased to be heading into the countryside.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" I just want to pick up a torch, dinnae
want to be caught in the pitch without a light now."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

We’re moving on - Strathmorn.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Inverness Public Library, Farraline Park, Inverness
Friday 20 March 1931. 11.30am

They had left the Doctor and Farmer McIntyre discussing the fate of his sheep and returned to the Strathmorn Hotel, where they were able to collect Bonnie’s car and head into Inverness.

Finding somewhere to park nearby, they headed into the Library. The same librarian that Ascot had seen the previous day was arranging books on a shelf as they entered. ”Good morning, Sirs, Miss. Can I be of assistance?” he asked.

Return to “The Horror on the Glen”