The Appointment

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: The Appointment

Post by Joajackson »

Philulhu wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:47 am ”Thank you,” said Price adding their contracts to the pile. He opened a drawer on his desk, drew out an large envelope upon which he jotted ‘Strathmorn’, the date and the names of the four investigators.

”Now, the Edinburgh train leaves Euston at 11 ‘o’ clock sharp. Present this chitty,” - he pushed a slip of paper over the desk - “at the ticket office and they will furnish you with your train tickets. I will send a telegram to the Station Hotel to let them know that you will be arriving later.”

“Good luck, ladies and gentlemen. I look forward to receiving your report.”

Unless anyone has any further questions, I’ll move us on.

If Father Ó Shaban decides not to sign that’s fine and he can make his own way to Scotland and still partake in the investigation, although some of it will be handled differently to the rest of the group.

With a certain laugh, Father Ó Shaban got in his feet and declared goodbye with a hand gesture. Leaving with quite a glee. Just before going trough the door he walked back. And said

"Fuffgiveness, I almost forgot, ze Sir Ascot and Dr. Douglas, I would greatly abrreciated, if you could be so good to send a note with which hotels you sill be staying trrought the journey. It would be quite a good zing to met ze good men.

And after that, he left. With the plan of going trough the same train if possible as the rest, and probably to see if he could learn of protective services in scotland to pay for. He was an old man alone, and there could be risks on that.

I wasn't really intending to do this for a start, but now it seems quite fun as a concept, so lets see if it works. I am sorry if this makes it difficult, I can change course if it is too complicated
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"Right, well i think we should gather our belongings and head for the train.We have quite a journey ahead of us. Plenty of time for our rag tag gang to get to get to know each other. What train wel will be getting amd at what time?
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

"Euston Station, 11am."

"Everything I own is in one trunk and one rifle case, so I'll be at Eustion Station in less than an hour, waiting in the station cafe. Cheerio then." Ascot politely waves his hat to the others and heads out.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"I shsll see you there Sir Ascot"[/color I stand turning to the others "And hopefully the rest of you too"] Dr Douglas nods his head to the ladies and goes to retrieve his luggage and medical bag from his hotel before making his way to Euston Station.
danyw
Layman
Layman

Post by danyw »

Cait smiled at the others, slipping her gloves back on as she prepared to get up and leave the room. "I look forward to getting to know the rest of you as well. Train rides are perfectly delightful for getting to know someone." She stood. "I will also be at the station not long from now. Good day!" She made her way back to the street, where she caught a cab back to her hotel and retrieved her things.

I don't know much about culture in the UK in 1931 (only the US, besides some Irish history) so pardon me if I say some anachronistic things lol
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

You’re doing fine :)

We’re all moving here: The Sneck

Return to “The Horror on the Glen”