Chatting at the Bar

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Chatting at the Bar

Post by Philulhu »

Hi everyone,

this is the thread for any out of context chat, discussion about the game, obituaries, etc. :D

You’ve been invited by the noted psychical researcher, Harry Price, to undertake an investigation into the unusual aspects of a murder in a Highland village in Scotland. Without giving too much away. You will assemble in London before travelling to Scotland, where you may undertake your investigation.

I know some of you have already found The Dhole’s House website for character generation (we also have one player using a Coptic priest from an earlier investigation). I don’t intend to be prescriptive about the characters you play. If you can think of a reason why they’re in London and why they responded to an adventure north of the border then it’s all good. Just send me a copy via Discord chat when it’s done.

I will add a Characters thread. You can transfer your skills over if you like, but it isn’t compulsory. What I’d like to see there is a brief description of your investigators and a character photo.

Any questions or queries, just ask. As soon as your characters are ready, we’ll make a start :)
danyw
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: Chatting at the Bar

Post by danyw »

Hey! I'm thinking either an asylum attendant, forensic surgeon, scientific researcher, or undertaker... forensic surgeon seems to fit best but I'll think on it for a bit 🤔
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

No problem :)
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Added a photo, kinda.....hope I've got it right.... :oops:
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

BoyBlunder78 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:08 pm Added a photo, kinda.....hope I've got it right.... :oops:
It didn’t seem to like the fact it was a Google image but I saved it as one of mine and that worked.
danyw
Layman
Layman

Post by danyw »

what can we know about the murdered man?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be joining too, and I have a character idea, but not enough time tonight. I should be able to build my character over the weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

danyw wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:29 am what can we know about the murdered man?
All in good time :)

Once you’ve got characters sorted, we’ll make a start but in the meantime, I’ll try to post an Introduction so you have a bit of a better idea of what lies in store.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Introduction posted: https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 493&t=7611

I’ve locked it for now and we can start once we have characters sorted.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Just to see if understood correctly. This Harry Price is asking to go to the scottish village ourselves, without the presence of any of the institute he represents, to prove that there is no ghost on that house? Or is he asking us to interfere in a police investigation and find the scottish murderer? Because if he is asking us the second I have made the wrong character.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The first one. They use volunteers who have no connection with the university college so their findings are independent.

And it isn’t to disprove it, per se. It’s to investigate and report on what they found.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Just to see if understood correctly. This Harry Price is asking us to go to the scottish village ourselves, without the presence of any of the institute he represents, to prove that there is no ghost on that house? Or is he asking us to interfere in a police investigation and find the scottish murderer? Because if he is asking us the second I have made the wrong character.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Managed to get into the Dholes House today, was pretty cool when accessible. I have created Hugo completely, just let me know when and where to put the sheet.

Hugo is an "outdoorsman", by the by.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Also, hello players I haven't met before! I'm Snapper, looking forward to the game.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Snapper wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:44 am Managed to get into the Dholes House today, was pretty cool when accessible. I have created Hugo completely, just let me know when and where to put the sheet.

Hugo is an "outdoorsman", by the by.
Are you on the Discord group? You could PM me there.

Alternatively, you could post the details here, as we’ve done for other games.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Snapper wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:46 am Also, hello players I haven't met before! I'm Snapper, looking forward to the game.
Hi there, looking forward to having my very first (of many) bouts of insanity with you all.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Philulhu wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm
Are you on the Discord group? You could PM me there.

Alternatively, you could post the details here, as we’ve done for other games.
I've uploaded the pdf that the Dholes House created but might upload the character in normal fashion too. Not overly familiar with Discord but I probably should learn. 👍
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

How do you download your characters completed stats sheet from Dholes House? Or is it easier to physically write it out and attach photo?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Snapper - Whatever works for you and you can access it, then that’s fine with me :)

BoyBlunder78 - There should be an option to download it from the Dhole’s House and you can send it my via Discord or edit your character post and upload it there.

We’re waiting for Mr Handy’s stats but it won’t hurt to make a start.

Just a note about the usual posting format here. The name of an investigator is usually in bold and use coloured text for speech i.e. “”Do you have any questions?” asked Price. If you tap. The colour icon above (the teardrop shape) you’ll see the colours fall into roughly five ‘blocks’ - my tip would be to choose a colour on one of the corners as they’re easy to find ;)

If you want to add any spoiler text or out of context chat, please use the spoiler button:

Just click the spoiler-button button then add your text between the brackets.

For clarity, this investigation may include body horror, occultism, impenetrable accents and occasional light relief. If you have any concerns about the content please let me know.

We have players from around the world and I will try to make sure everyone has had time to contribute before moving on but I will also try to keep the game ticking over. If you’re struggling to find time to post or you’re going to be away, just drop me a line.

Finally, it’s possible that you may decide for whatever reason that this game isn’t for you. It happens so if you decide that you’d rather not continue, that’s fine but please just let me know.

Ok. On with the show…
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Hopefully you should have it now.

Return to “The Horror on the Glen”