Back to the Village (everyone)

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Re: Back to the Village (everyone)

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Looking at the glistening, blood drenched teeth of the abomination, Dr Douglas cries our in despair, recoiling in terror as he sees the blood dripping from the fangs, fling his arms infront of his face and with it the journal goes flying through the air. "Keep it away from me....the teeth, the fangs...the gnashing...it will consume us all......swallow our souls...!"
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

The Father really had nothing that interesting to do, as he could only coward away from the creature, as an old man without any real ability for this conflict situation.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Because Ascot's Boxing is greater than 50%, he gets a 10% bonus, I believe, to other Fighting skills, bringing his Sword skill to 30%.

Not sure if this is a medium or heavy sword: 1d6+1 or 1d8+1 base damage.  

Ascot slashes at the creature's face, all the while yelling fit to wake the dead. Mostly: "Go home!! Bad dog!!"

1d%d30%

Unfortunately, a miss.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bonnie snatches up the discarded journal, opens it to the chant, and begins to recite it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Dr Douglas still cowering in the corner, can't help but turn his face to the door, the creatures head protruding further into the room, he sees Ascot raise his sword, mouth wide, but something is wrong....As he looks to strike the creature his face turns to me.His mouth opening wider and wider, his teeth becoming more pronounced, elongation, his jaw widening, saliva dripping from his new fangs. Panicking he turns to Bonnie seeing her holding the journal, attempting to read the words. But then she turns to face him. A smile spreading across her face, but it doesn't stop, no smile is that wide surely??!! He sees the skin crack and split at the corners of her mouth, blood trickling down her jaw as it starts to lengthen her teeth, just like Ascot start changing, lengthening turning to fangs he sees a great tongue glide over her newly formed fangs as if testing there sharpness.
Eyes wide at the horror he perceives in front of him......for now he sees not one bit three creatures infront of him. Two wearing the skins of his former friends. Yelling in absolute terror "ABOMINATIONS, YOUR ALL ABOMINATIONS HERE TO FEAST ON US ALL!!!" As he holds his arms up, wrapping them around his head so jot to stare at this vision.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

1d100

Again the creature shook the door but its age-hardened timbers stood up to the assault and it could only snarl and snap from the other side!

The letters on the page were familiar to Bonnie but the words made no sense, being just a jumble of alien sounds that tied her tongue in knots!

Bonnie has no Cthulhu Mythos, I think, so can I have a language check (your choice, but presumably English) to see how she gets on at her attempted pronunciation?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bonnie manages the chant well enough, grateful for her higher education.

Own Language: English roll (80% base skill) to chant:
d%
I can spend 2 Luck to make that a hard success if it helps.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

The room was a cacophony of sounds; the snarling of the creature, the manic bellowing of Dr Douglas, the murmured prayers of Father Ó Shaban and the shouted instructions of Ascot, but through all of that, the clear voice of Bonnie Mackenzie rang out, the alien words delivered in her clipped, Scottish tones, “NIHAR CTHOR HAG NAATHI IST’HE GHLAN GHEIHNT’HOR!”

There was an immediate silence, as if sound itself had been sucked from the room, then an almighty roar from the creature at the door! It was propelled backwards at force, the suddenness of its departure not giving it time to release its hold on the doors, which splintered and broke with the force exerted upon them. The four investigators briefly saw the creature’s snarling visage before it disappeared in the direction of the nearest stairwell, whereupon its howls traced its progress through house and into the grounds outside before it was suddenly suppressed, leaving the night as still and silent as a tomb… …
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

The Father seeing the creature dissapear proclaimed quite openly and with almost joyous surprise some words in arabic.

"Allahu akbar ghadar alwahsh, alhamd lilah."

After this, he started praying, seemingly thanking god for being alive.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot looks utterly stunned for a few seconds but visibly shakes his head, trying to start thinking again.

"Good job, Miss Mackenzie, and I take back everything I said about spells. Except being wary of witch doctors, eh. Now, for the love of god, let's get out of here and back to the village."

"Keep an eye out for McBride's revolver. If anyone sees it, grab it."

Cutlass up, Ascot leads the way.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank ye kindly," says Bonnie, handing the journal back and swiping her hands together as she follows him. "That's that sorted, then. I'll take the shotgun. I dinna ken what the words mean, but it's good to know my ability to drive others off with my mouth also works on beasties."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

OOC:   am i still in my bout?  
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC:   Most definitely!  
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Reaching up to take the journal from Bonnie, Dr Douglas breathes a sigh of relief as he glances at the space where the creature once was. "Oh thank god! The spell worked!" a smile spreading across his lips.......slowly turning into a grimace of fear as he glances at Bonnies face.....her visage still distorted...her mouth still a huge distended maw, saliva dripping as she spoke, her mouth chomping down as she spoke, although Dr Douglas took no heed of the words, as his eyes wide in terror as they snapped to Ascot, beholding the same terrible image. Withdrawing further into the corner of the room, clutching the journal tightly, daring not to glance at Father O'Shaban. " No!No! NO! NOOOOO! Its gone wrong!!! Your faces!!Your mouthes!!! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOUR MOUTHES!!!YOUR ALL BECOMING THE CREATURE!!!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I assure you, Doctor, we're all fine," says Bonnie. "It's over."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"Keep away from me!! Your all gonna eat me!! Swallow my soul with your monstrous maws!!!!" shrieked the Doctor. pulling out the small bone handled knife and holding it out infront of himself, swishing it erratically back and forth
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"His mind has snapped. Whether forever or just for a time, we will have to wait and see. We used to see this often during the War. Unfortunately, we seem to have run out of doctors, so he'll have to go to hospital, somehow."

"If we start moving downstairs, hopefully he will follow us. Or do you think I should try to restrain him?"
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

The Father has managed to finally remember what english was, and was both very confused, considerably scared, and definitely tense. He really was not looking forward to leaving the room.

"Ze Doctorr's panic is surely to pass, Sir Ascot, inshallah. But if ze prredator is still roaming, leaving ze weak minded alone shall be terrible. I doubt ze man can be safely rrestrained as it is."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wouldna try to restrain him," says Bonnie, "not while he's waving that knife aboot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot nods his understanding. "That's two votes against restraining him. I believe I could do it without getting badly hurt, but I'm sure you're both wiser than me. Let's hope compassion is a better tactic than my wrestling and he follows us."

Ascot looks to Douglas. "Doctor, please follow us, we won't try to harm you." Then he starts down the stairs cautiously.

Return to “The Horror on the Glen”