IC-Ep 1-Good Knight(Jacques du Baudin only)

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook arrive in Auvergne, France in 1517, where they meet some interesting people, including none other than Leonardo da Vinci. There are mysterious goings-on, one involving Leonardo's automaton, which appears to have killed a would-be thief.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Good Knight(Jacques du Baudin only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Indeed, I have rooted out my share of heretics," said Ignacio. "They are not easy to find, for they look like everyone else, and they can feign being true Christians. They had to become more subtle in this advanced age, in order to hide better. The ones who were easy to find have already been caught. The infidels are always easy to find, of course. Why, look, there's one over there." He glanced in the direction of Abdullah, who was still engrossed in conversation with Bianca. "While Spain is liberated again, things are not so peaceful in the East, not since Constantinople fell to the Turks in 1453. That opened up the floodgates, and the infidels can invade Europe from that direction. The Turks also now control the Holy City of Jerusalem, which centuries ago was in Christian hands, until we were driven out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Jacques:

Jacques listens respectfully. "Yes indeed, the Turk has a mighty army. He is wiley and fierce. It is up to us to hold fast our borders and keep him at bay, which may be a never ending struggle. But Spain winning back its lands from the Moors is a great proof that we can succeed."

Looking to steer the conversation onto less gloomy topics, Jacques asks, "Are you well acquainted with the Duc?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not very," said Ignacio. "I have met him before once, years ago. Apparently he recalled me from that meeting. Or, more likely, his wife the Duchesse did and reminded him. Do you know him well?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jacques:

"It is pure happenstance that I am here. On my journey to Paris, I just had the good fortune to be passing through during the Duc's festivities,I had no idea they were planned. The Duc then generously invited me to stay a few days, although I only know him by reputation. Most kind it was of him though."

"I know little of the Duchesse but the lady must be of a pious nature if she desired of her noble husband to invite you, Father?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Most fortunate indeed," said Ignacio. "The Duc is a generous soul, he merely sometimes has problems recalling things. Fortunately, his wife the Duchesse is both considerate and blessed with an excellent memory. You'll see when court begins, which probably won't be long now." In fact, the great hall was now filling up with people of all sorts.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jacques:

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Father, I hope we shall talk again at some point. I had better marshal my thoughts and questionable wits before speaking with the Duc." Jacques gives the priest a polite nod then moves to join the throng, keen to make his report to the Duc as soon as possible.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jacques is moving to the thread linked below:

The Duc's Court
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”