Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 1-A New Woman(Story/Elizabeth/Brook)

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
TARDIS Control Room
12:30 PM - Wednesday, September 11, 1940

Story unlocked the TARDIS door, and Elizabeth and Brook helped him inside. Once in the control room, Story collapsed on the floor.

"What's wrong?" asked Elizabeth, kneeling beside him and holding his hand. "Are you all right?"

"This old body of mine..." started Story, "is wearing a bit thin. I will be all right, but...a change is coming." His slid shut, and Elizabeth and Brook watched in amazement as he began to glow. The light got brighter until it was blinding, and then it gradually faded, revealing that Story had a new face...

Elizabeth and Brook were shocked to see Story transformed. Instead of a middle-aged man, there lay a younger, beautiful woman. She was over a foot shorter than the man they knew.

Elizabeth and Brook, please roll Sanity for witnessing the regeneration. Sanity loss is 0/1D4, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed or 1D4 if you fail.

Longer Temporary Insanity Type:
1d10
Temporary Insanity Duration (hours):
1d1010
Your temporary insanity is a severe phobia of The Father of All Bats. You banished it, but it is still out there in time and space. You will see it whenever it is dark, and while you can flee, it will appear to be everywhere. This phobia will last 70 hours.

Re: IC-Ep 1-A New Woman(Story/Elizabeth/Brook)

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:23 am
by jp1885

[18] = 18
SAN 87 d%: [ 18 ] = 18
Pass

Brook had seen many amazing things during her travels with Story. Terrifying yes, but amazing nonetheless. She had transformed, it could be argued, from a fragile young orphan convinced she was cursed to the more experienced and capable woman (the trilby on her head a reminder of the life she saved back in the 1940s) who now rushed to her friend’s side.

Of course, her transformation was nothing to what he - or rather, she - had just gone through!

“Story!” she cried. “Story? What the hell!?”

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:28 pm
by SunlessNick

Story shifts slightly in the now enormously too large for her clothing. "Story... Story, tell me a story, storybook. Book. Brooke. Brooke, you're still here. Are you taller?"

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:41 am
by jp1885

“N-n-no…” stammers Brook. “You’re shorter, and… well, female…”

She fishes a compact mirror out of her bag and hands it to Story.

“Y-you collapsed and sort-of lit up in front of us and… changed!”

Her bewildered gaze turns to Elizabeth for confirmation.

“This is actually happening yeah? I’m not dreaming?”

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:16 pm
by SunlessNick

"You're not dreaming," Story says. Looking at her reflection, she puts a hand up to her face, prodding at her jawline, eyes, and nose. "Sorry. I should have done a better job of warning you.." She climbs halfway to her feet, staggering slightly as she does, then sits back down. "New limbs. They'll take a bit of getting used to."

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:26 pm
by aine
“I imagine a lot will take a lot of getting used to! You are very much changed, Storey. I suppose you might be a bit less crotchety in cold weather now?” Elizabeth smiles.
“I’ve never seen anything like it.” She replies to Brook.
sanity, 84 roll: 6. Ps, sorry, I didn’t realise you’d started!

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:57 pm
by jp1885

Brook shakes her head in wonder, hardly believing what she’s seen. She kind-of knew Story was alien, but not this alien!

“Wait a minute, this is what happened to Tinker wasn’t it? When we met him a few days ago, he’d become a her. So you people can change bodies? What happens to the old ones? Have you like just died or something?”

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:18 am
by SunlessNick

"I might even like the cold, now," Story says to Elizabeth. "It'll be interesting to find out."

"In a way," she says to Brooke. "It's something my people can do when we're close to death. Regeneration. And sometimes it does feel like dying." She smiles and adds, "It's easier when you're around people you trust."

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:17 am
by jp1885

Brook grins at Elizabeth and then back to Story.

“Glad we could help! I guess we’d better lend you some clothes, unless you wanna keep wearing too-big old man’s brown stuff.”

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:18 am
by aine
“Perhaps we should go shopping?” Elizabeth says mischievously. “Just think of the choice!”

“Storey, do you mind me asking? Are you able to choose what you’ll look like and did you grow old before or did you choose to be an old man. Oh, and does your personality change too?”

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:49 am
by SunlessNick

"I should have some wardrobes in the TARDIS somewhere. And you can ask me anything you want. Let's see... I've known a few Time Lords who can choose their new look, but I haven't been able to, at least not consciously. I lived a good while in the body you knew - it wasn't that old when I got it. Personality can change too, but not the core - I'm still your Story."

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:35 am
by jp1885

“I still wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes,” says Brook.

“And I don’t doubt you got rooms full of spare clothes. But after everything we’ve been through, a girl’s day out shopping would be fun.”

Suddenly, her eyes widen.

“Hey! Reckon you could take us to Carneby Street in the 1960s? Groovy baby!”

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:10 pm
by SunlessNick

Story grins. "Shopping does sound good. Sixties here we come." She gets to her feet again, all the way this time, and starts setting the controls.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:22 am
by Mr. Handy
The time rotor began to rise and fall, and the TARDIS started her journey through time and space.

Story, please roll Pilot TARDIS.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:37 am
by SunlessNick

Rolled 06! Not a bad start.

Once the TARDIS is in flight, Story will find a wardrobe to get something that fits.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Story found herself even better at steering the TARDIS than she had been in her previous incarnation. The flight was smooth and sure. She couldn't be sure about arriving in Carnaby Street in the 1960s, of course - the TARDIS did have a mind of her own. But wherever and whenever they were going, they would get there quickly and without incident.

The TARDIS wardrobe had an ample supply of clothing of various sizes and styles from many different ages and nations. There was bound to be something that fit her. The only question she had to ask herself was what her new taste in clothing was like. She recalled from her first regeneration that such things could change radically. Now she couldn't imagine wearing the outfit that was overflowing her, even if it had been her size. What could her previous self been thinking?

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:04 am
by aine

Elizabeth again felt the thrill of anticipation as the Tardis began to work. As a historian she was always fascinated with the ability to travel through time.
She grinned at Brook.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am
by jp1885

Brook returns Elizabeth’s grin.

“The swinging sixties: I guess this’ll be the future for you. From what I’ve seen on TV and stuff, you’re gonna love it!”

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:23 pm
by aine
“It’s about ten years after my time so I suppose things will be similar. Perhaps in London things will be very modern. It will certainly be interesting!” Laughs Elizabeth.

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:40 pm
by jp1885

“At least there won’t be any air-raids!” Brook replies, grinning.

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:39 pm
by SunlessNick

For now, Story chooses a skinny fit pair of black jeans, and a long blue top (a bit like what Sofia Boutella is wearing in the picture) - long enough that it might have qualified as a short dress if she wasn't wearing trousers with it.
"I don't know if this is quite right," she says, looking critically at herself in a mirror - "but I guess for now I want to feel the difference in my body. And I think it will pass muster in the Sixties."

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy
The voyage was indeed a speedy one. No sooner had she changed her outfit than the TARDIS made its usual wheezing, groaning sound, showing that it was materializing.

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:24 am
by jp1885

Brook decides on a clean outfit similar to what she was wearing before, figuring that she can pick up some more suitable sixties clothing when they hit the shops.

After putting on her leather jacket and grabbing her hat, she pauses.

“I guess we have the right money? I’ve only got decimal currency and maybe some Roman coins.”

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:37 pm
by aine
Elizabeth looks through the pockets of her rather worn tweed skirt and brings out some coins.
“I’ve got enough pennies and shillings for bus rides and tea but it won’t stretch to clothes. Isn’t Liberty‘s at the top of Carnaby Street? I wouldn’t mind going there.” She says wistfully.

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:53 pm
by SunlessNick

"I've picked up some odds and ends over the years," Story says. Though like Liz's, the amount of money she gets out isn't going to stretch to a lot of shopping.

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 pm
by jp1885

“I don’t suppose we could travel back a few years later on and deposit some money in a bank?” Brook wonders. “Then we could withdraw it now, plus interest!”

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:34 pm
by SunlessNick

"Bad time travelling ethics," Story replies. "Even for shopping."

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:22 pm
by jp1885

Brook smiles, a little guiltily.

“I should know better by now shouldn’t I?”

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:16 pm
by aine
“Never mind, at least we can buy some proper tea from Liberty’s. And maybe a teapot. The Tardis is somewhat lacking in the hospitality department.”

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 pm
by SunlessNick

"All right then," Story says. "Let's get going." She returns to the console room and activates the door control.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Everyone, please roll Idea.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:50 am
by jp1885
[100] = 100
Idea 70 d%: [ 100 ] = 100

Oof!

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:00 pm
by SunlessNick
Rolled 53 - success.

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy
As the TARDIS doors opened, it occurred to Story that it might be a good idea to look on the scanner before actually setting foot outside. However, no such thought occurred to Brook, who was already near the door in eager anticipation of heading outside. As soon as the doors were open, she stepped through them.

Brook found herself in some sort of workshop, dark except for the faint light from the night sky trickling in through the window. An unfinished painting was on an easel, but she couldn't make any details out in the darkness. An odd contraption whose purpose she couldn't even begin to fathom was in the center of the room. At the back of the room was a closed door. Beside the window stood a suit of armor. For some reason the curtain sash was tied around its ankles, and it held a halberd clutched in its elaborate steel gauntlets. That halberd's blade was embedded in the upper chest of a man dressed in black clothing. He lay on his back on the floor between the armor and a large oak desk. A second man in black clothing, this one alive, was crouching over him, taking a crystal and an open puzzle box from the dead man's clenched fists. He had just been struck in the left shoulder by a dagger thrown by a man filling an open doorway at the front of the room. "Murder!" he shouted. "Intruders in the palace! Murder!"

Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:

Caught in the Act