IC-Ep 1-A New Woman(Story/Elizabeth/Brook)

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook arrive in Auvergne, France in 1517, where they meet some interesting people, including none other than Leonardo da Vinci. There are mysterious goings-on, one involving Leonardo's automaton, which appears to have killed a would-be thief.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 1-A New Woman(Story/Elizabeth/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

TARDIS Control Room
12:30 PM - Wednesday, September 11, 1940

Story unlocked the TARDIS door, and Elizabeth and Brook helped him inside. Once in the control room, Story collapsed on the floor.

"What's wrong?" asked Elizabeth, kneeling beside him and holding his hand. "Are you all right?"

"This old body of mine..." started Story, "is wearing a bit thin. I will be all right, but...a change is coming." His slid shut, and Elizabeth and Brook watched in amazement as he began to glow. The light got brighter until it was blinding, and then it gradually faded, revealing that Story had a new face...

Elizabeth and Brook were shocked to see Story transformed. Instead of a middle-aged man, there lay a younger, beautiful woman. She was over a foot shorter than the man they knew.

Elizabeth and Brook, please roll Sanity for witnessing the regeneration. Sanity loss is 0/1D4, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed or 1D4 if you fail.

Longer Temporary Insanity Type:
1d10
Temporary Insanity Duration (hours):
1d1010
Your temporary insanity is a severe phobia of The Father of All Bats. You banished it, but it is still out there in time and space. You will see it whenever it is dark, and while you can flee, it will appear to be everywhere. This phobia will last 70 hours.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-A New Woman(Story/Elizabeth/Brook)

Post by jp1885 »

[18] = 18
SAN 87 d%: [ 18 ] = 18
Pass

Brook had seen many amazing things during her travels with Story. Terrifying yes, but amazing nonetheless. She had transformed, it could be argued, from a fragile young orphan convinced she was cursed to the more experienced and capable woman (the trilby on her head a reminder of the life she saved back in the 1940s) who now rushed to her friend’s side.

Of course, her transformation was nothing to what he - or rather, she - had just gone through!

“Story!” she cried. “Story? What the hell!?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

Story shifts slightly in the now enormously too large for her clothing. "Story... Story, tell me a story, storybook. Book. Brooke. Brooke, you're still here. Are you taller?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“N-n-no…” stammers Brook. “You’re shorter, and… well, female…”

She fishes a compact mirror out of her bag and hands it to Story.

“Y-you collapsed and sort-of lit up in front of us and… changed!”

Her bewildered gaze turns to Elizabeth for confirmation.

“This is actually happening yeah? I’m not dreaming?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"You're not dreaming," Story says. Looking at her reflection, she puts a hand up to her face, prodding at her jawline, eyes, and nose. "Sorry. I should have done a better job of warning you.." She climbs halfway to her feet, staggering slightly as she does, then sits back down. "New limbs. They'll take a bit of getting used to."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“I imagine a lot will take a lot of getting used to! You are very much changed, Storey. I suppose you might be a bit less crotchety in cold weather now?” Elizabeth smiles.
“I’ve never seen anything like it.” She replies to Brook.
sanity, 84 roll: 6. Ps, sorry, I didn’t realise you’d started!
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Brook shakes her head in wonder, hardly believing what she’s seen. She kind-of knew Story was alien, but not this alien!

“Wait a minute, this is what happened to Tinker wasn’t it? When we met him a few days ago, he’d become a her. So you people can change bodies? What happens to the old ones? Have you like just died or something?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"I might even like the cold, now," Story says to Elizabeth. "It'll be interesting to find out."

"In a way," she says to Brooke. "It's something my people can do when we're close to death. Regeneration. And sometimes it does feel like dying." She smiles and adds, "It's easier when you're around people you trust."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Brook grins at Elizabeth and then back to Story.

“Glad we could help! I guess we’d better lend you some clothes, unless you wanna keep wearing too-big old man’s brown stuff.”
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“Perhaps we should go shopping?” Elizabeth says mischievously. “Just think of the choice!”

“Storey, do you mind me asking? Are you able to choose what you’ll look like and did you grow old before or did you choose to be an old man. Oh, and does your personality change too?”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"I should have some wardrobes in the TARDIS somewhere. And you can ask me anything you want. Let's see... I've known a few Time Lords who can choose their new look, but I haven't been able to, at least not consciously. I lived a good while in the body you knew - it wasn't that old when I got it. Personality can change too, but not the core - I'm still your Story."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“I still wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes,” says Brook.

“And I don’t doubt you got rooms full of spare clothes. But after everything we’ve been through, a girl’s day out shopping would be fun.”

Suddenly, her eyes widen.

“Hey! Reckon you could take us to Carneby Street in the 1960s? Groovy baby!”
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Story grins. "Shopping does sound good. Sixties here we come." She gets to her feet again, all the way this time, and starts setting the controls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The time rotor began to rise and fall, and the TARDIS started her journey through time and space.

Story, please roll Pilot TARDIS.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Rolled 06! Not a bad start.

Once the TARDIS is in flight, Story will find a wardrobe to get something that fits.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story found herself even better at steering the TARDIS than she had been in her previous incarnation. The flight was smooth and sure. She couldn't be sure about arriving in Carnaby Street in the 1960s, of course - the TARDIS did have a mind of her own. But wherever and whenever they were going, they would get there quickly and without incident.

The TARDIS wardrobe had an ample supply of clothing of various sizes and styles from many different ages and nations. There was bound to be something that fit her. The only question she had to ask herself was what her new taste in clothing was like. She recalled from her first regeneration that such things could change radically. Now she couldn't imagine wearing the outfit that was overflowing her, even if it had been her size. What could her previous self been thinking?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Elizabeth again felt the thrill of anticipation as the Tardis began to work. As a historian she was always fascinated with the ability to travel through time.
She grinned at Brook.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Brook returns Elizabeth’s grin.

“The swinging sixties: I guess this’ll be the future for you. From what I’ve seen on TV and stuff, you’re gonna love it!”
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“It’s about ten years after my time so I suppose things will be similar. Perhaps in London things will be very modern. It will certainly be interesting!” Laughs Elizabeth.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“At least there won’t be any air-raids!” Brook replies, grinning.

Return to “Episode 1”