Arrival

What seemed a simple business trip turns into a race to save a planet… or the Empire of Man itself!

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Arrival

Post by kabukiman »

Rourke:

The man look ar the women with a victorious face and then asks:
"Very well young man, join our table and present yourself. I am captain Mac Malcom of the ship "Tranquility" a fine merchant ship and this is a member of my crew Kathy... Katherine."

Mary and Ota

The taxidriver nods.
He speaks a little about the weather, that business is being bad latelly, his favourite team lost.
The city seems mainly build in wood and stone, of 2 floors maximum; this area is well kept. After 15 minutes, he says: "we are near there."
You see what most be the local corporate buildings (they are just like the others, but have things written in them) with an angry mob shouting and several securities.
"We are here"
You see in one of them the logo "XIM"
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

Rourke rather formally nods to both as they are named. He sits down at the table indicated, looking serious.

"I am Kennedy Rourke, Regina born, pleased to make your acquaintance. I have just recently completed four terms in the Imperial Navy, mustering out as a lieutenant. Naval service is something of a family tradition. Now I wish to make my mark, another family tradition."

"I am qualified in navigation, computers, engineering and gunnery. I finished my service a few parsecs away and have been working my passage back towards the busier trade routes. But offloading here has proven a bit of a mistake. Not much work."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”Is there a back way in, driver? There’s a queue…” said Ota dryly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We just landed on Xotli," says Mary, "so we're unfamiliar with the local situation. What's the cause of the miners' strike?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"I don't know. But those aren't angy miners, those are the pilots trying to buy some ore. The miners live all on the north. The corporation haven't give much details, but it must be the usual, better living conditions and money. Well, luckily for youI know another way".
He continues two blocks, and then turn right; he make several other turns and you find that you are behind the building. There is a single door with a security (and nobody else).
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ota climbed out of the car. ”Tip the driver,” he said to Mary as he headed over to speak to the guard.

Lieutenant Colonel Esperanza Ota plus colleague to see XIM Corp’s Thomas Picker,” he said impatiently, waiting for the guard to hurry up and let him in.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mary gives the driver a decent tip, though she knows that Ota has far more money than she does, and hurriedly follows to the guarded door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Rourke:
"That seems excelent qualifications my young man, and just wht we needed. Of course I have several other candidates to talk with before I accept you, but you seem in a very good position."

Mary and Ota
The security seems bored; when he sees you coming in his diretion he gets tense but then relax when you speak. He makes a quick call and then tell you:
"Sorry, but Mr Picker told me he isn't waiting anyone with that name".
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ota gritted his teeth, breathing out slowly. ”Try Mac Malcolm, Captain of the Tranquility. He asked me to come and see Mr Picker,” he said to the guard, with ill-disguised impatience…
Last edited by Philulhu on Tue May 17, 2022 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

Rourke nods, trying hard not to look disappointed. "Of course, a sound approach for your ship. I shall be easy enough to locate unless some other ship unexpectedly sorts out its problems in this system and hires me first. I hope to hear from you."

OOC:   Does this planet have a Travellers Aid Society Hostel? If it does, that's where Rourke will be staying and where he'll give as a contact address, together with any Traveller appropriate IT contacts address.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And me," adds Mary. "The captain is an old friend of Mr. Picker. Just let him know Mac Malcom sent us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ota and Mary

"Sure, why not I don't have anything better to do" he says doubtfully. He makes a new call, seems surprise and then says:
"You can pass. Go in the corridor pass the receptionist, take the stairs, and it is the second room on the right, you can't miss, the name is written.

Rourke

"Well, as soon as we will finish our drinks, we will have a small business trip, you can come along if you want, to see how we work."

OOC: Ok, but now you are playing, so no dead moments. :lol:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Mary, leading the way inside and following his directions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

"I would be very happy to accompany you both on your business. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist. I'm not overly familiar with the law and government of this world but I'm used to adapting from one star system to the next."

OOC:   Me? Dead moments? Never!  
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Thanks,” said Ota, shortly. He followed Mary down the corridor, looking at the door signs until they found Picker’s office. ”This looks like it,” he said, and he knocked on the door.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ota and Mary
"Enter"-says a voice

Hiroto
Hiroto is in the store of Tanaka, a rich merchant, trying to get employed in one of his ships.
"The problem, is that I don't have any ships anymore. Too much trouble. Now I contract free traders: they bring the goods, and if anything goes wrong, I own the ship. That is a good deal. Look, one of them is entering, I hope with good news. Why you don't ask him for a job?"
When a group enters in the shop, he says:
"Hello captain"

Rourke
The captain pays and say: "Let's go now."

You walk a bit and enter in a new part of the city: the streets are very small, full of small shops and stalls with signs. They sell food, cloths, spare parts of electronic devices, and a lot of other stuff; it has a very intnse smell. The captain waves to several persons, but go to a particular shop that only says "Tanaka" Inside, yo see only two men: one must be a client, the other an old man (in his 70's), full of wrinkles, dressed with a long brown tunic, and only says:
"Hello captain"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hiroto takes a step backwads and to the side, letting Tanaka get the news from the captain before stumbling ahead ambushing the crew with questions and begging for a place at the helm. First, he needs some backdrop to pitch a sell to. "Of course, Tanaka, sir. I will prepare the dosages as prescribed. Doc H, at ypur service." This is spoken under his breath more to Tanaka´s notice than for the newcomers to overhear. Hiroto studies the newcomers as he himself removes him a few steps away from the cente of the room to let the after action report begin.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ota pushed open the door and entered as requested.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mary follows him inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ota and Mary

The office is very simple: a desk, a computer and three chairs in front of the desk- You see a men in his late 40's, bald; you can see that he used to be muscular, but too much time working at a desk has effects in his health; he have a small scar in his right eye.
"So what can I do for my old companion?"- He seems very tired.

Rourke and Hiroto

"Hi Mr Tanaka. You already know Kathy and this is Rourke a veteran of many wars that is joining my crew. So I think we have business to do?"
"Yes, did you bring the spices?
"Did I ever failed you?"
"I assume you didn't find any problems"
"No, everyone is too worried about the strike, the guards aren't paying atention"
"Ah, yes, the strike. Well, I'm sending some men to inspect the spices and then I'l make the payment".
"Very well, but make it quick, I need to make some repairs. So, you have health problems now and need a doctor?"
- he says pointing to Hiroto

Return to “Traveller- Horror on Planet Xotli”