Arrival

What seemed a simple business trip turns into a race to save a planet… or the Empire of Man itself!

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Arrival

Post by kabukiman »

"But captain, the ship really need these new parts or we may never be able to fly again!"- screamed Kathy
"And that is the reason why I need that you keep the ship flying, so we arrive at our destiny, unload the spices, and get the money to buy, whateaver that you say! But we must arrive at the planet, so return to the engines and do your magic!"- said the captain in a much more calm voice.
She looked at him, mumbled an "Ay captain" and left the room.
The captain turned to Mary and told her to make the jump and then left the cockpit.
Tanaka started to push nervously he bottons; latelly the ship didn't respond very well...
Ota heard all the discussion and saw the captain leaving Tanaka, the young pilot alone.

OOC: Mr Handy, roll 2d6, need a 8 to pass, you have +1 of bonus from pilot.
Philulhu, you are free to do whateaver you want.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Arrival

Post by Philulhu »

Ota tried not to roll his eyes. ”Steady now, pilot!” Let’s not have a repeat of Ivendo…”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It wouldn't have happened if you hadn't distracted me at a key moment, sir," says Mary Tanaka as she operates the controls expertly.

Pilot roll (+1) to make the jump:
2d6+1
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The ship went to hyperspace without any problem and you think that Kathy is probably overeacting. After some time, you leave hyperspace, and you arrive near planet xotli: it has a brown colour in most of the planet, with white at the north and very small pieces of blue. You call the captain, who makes all the the talking with the control station. After he finishes, he ttel you:
"See? There was nothing to worry about, everything is going fine. After selling the spices, with the money we make the repairs, and buy ore here and go sell it to an industrial planet who will pay a fortune for it"
You land the ship, but notice something strange: there are too much ships in the spaceport of a planet like this.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We've got a lot of company," says Mary. "Maybe they struck a valuable new vein and word got out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ota leaned forwards and keyed the communicator. ”Xotli Spaceport! What’s everyone doing here?” he asked abruptly.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"There is a strike of those lazy miners in the north. They aren't sending any ore for 2 days and the ships are waiting. This is getting chaotic".
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Ridiculous behaviour!” snapped Ota. ”If the police can’t handle it then they should send for the marines!”

He had no patience for the striking miners. He’d never gone on strike while he was enlisted and he didn’t see why anyone else should have that privilege.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe we should see if we can help negotiate an end to the strike," says Mary. "Then we could get our ore, and they may be grateful enough for our help that they'll give us a discount."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”’Negotiate the end of the strike’??” mimicked Ota. ”You’re a pilot, not a peace envoy!”

He shook his head. ”Give them a baton charge. Break a few heads! That’ll ‘negotiate’ the end of the strike!”
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

The ship landed and the captain call you.
"Ok, I'm going with Kathy to the merchant who asked for the spices and then we will tke care of the parts to the engine. You are going to the office of XIM, the corp that sells the ore. If you have any problem, ask for Thomas Picker the assistent manager, say you came from my part, I know him from the old days; don't ask for the director! That guy is a true pain! We meet latter in the bar "The tired traveller" ".
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Roger that, Captain,” replied Ota.

He started typing on the keyboard in front of him, looking for the law level of the planet they had landed on, to see what they could carry without getting busted by the local law enforcement.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mary, who has no weapons, nods and gathers up her meager possessions and gets ready to head out to the XIM office.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You receive the following information: In the capital you cannot carry a weapon (but you can transport in a box, or bag). Outside (in the mine towns, farms or in the desert) you are free to carry.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ota grunted. Civil unrest and you were meant to take it down with nothing stronger than language!

Without another word he headed for the ship’s armoury to see what he might take with him.

Even Ota realises that walking around with a long gun is likely to be questioned, even if it is boxed/bagged up. Is there a hand pistol or something similar that he could carry in a bag? Also, something like a sap or a blackjack, if they’re available?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: yes, you can carry a small pistol in a bag.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Meanwhile...

The Ex-navy Lieutenant Kennedy Rourke was in the bar "The tired traveller", drinking a beer, in a lone table; the place was near empty. The last few days have been frustrating: he was trying to get hired by a ship, but with the strike, people was actually loosing their jobs. He heard a young female voice behind him and a man:
"... but captain, shouldn't we been speaking with the merchant, instead of coming here?"
"Relax Kathy, there is plenty of time. Besides, we are here in business: I'm trying to hire a new crew member, we need someone skilled at navigation. I don't think Mary is very good at it."
"Why? We haven't been lost yet".
"A scotch for me and a beer for the lady."- the man said to the bartender. "That's because we only follow premade routes. I want to try new things"
"Seriously?"- asked the girl.
The bartender poured the drinks.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

Rourke is so excited to hear the conversation, he stands bolt upright and knocks his chair back. He hastily puts the chair back then quickly straightens his civilian attire.

Rourke strides towards the man and woman, coming to a stop two yards from them and clasping his hands behind his back. "Pardon me, Captain, I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. I am a Spacer looking for work and I'm qualified in Navigation, among other things. I'd be happy even just to work my passage to your next stop if you weren't looking to make any long term appointments."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mary selects a small pistol from the armory and keeps it in her bag, and if there's anything like brass knuckles, she'll borrow them too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ota checked the load of his pistol and slipped it into a small messenger bag worn across his front for ease of access. ”Ready? Let’s go,” he said, heading for the door.

Leading the way out of the ship and towards the spaceport entrance, spending a few moments talking to the gate crew to get the latest information on the strike, Ota hailed a taxi. ”XIM offices, driver. Quick as you can!” he ordered.

Return to “Traveller- Horror on Planet Xotli”