Arrival

What seemed a simple business trip turns into a race to save a planet… or the Empire of Man itself!

Moderator: kabukiman

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Arrival

Post by Philulhu »

Captain Malcolm instructed us to come and see you about a ore shipment,” said Ota. ”If you could facilitate that, he would appreciate it.”
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hiroto
nods at the crew who entered. "Sirs, madam, I´m but a humble doctor with a license to maneuver both cyber- and vacc-ways, should you need someone to steer through a medical or stellar-oriented dilemma." He looks at the merchant. "To have the need of a medic or rather to be prepared and have a medic when you need one is paramount, I´d say. And if I read the sitiuation at hand with ore and spices and trouble on the horizon, I offer myself to tag along and show my worth, should it be required. That is if you have room for me?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mary slides into one of the chairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

Rourke gives Hiroto a polite nod. "Have you travelled many systems?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mr. Handy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:53 am Image

Mary slides into one of the chairs.
‘Typical civilian’, thought Ota, who was stood in the regulation ‘at-ease’ position. Ramrod-straight, but still ‘at-ease’…
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes." Doc H answers. He unfolds his arms and shows his palms and bows slightly. "A reply that´s true but not adequate. To give a rounded reply, I´d have to put you in a low berth and send you off to Torment, Darrian sector." He produces a polymer bag from his vest-pocket and pops a nondescript pill out. Puts in in his mouth and swallows. "Wherever the need to reconstitute are, my service has been welcomed. The synthezised formula replaces cell dedifferentiation. My formula negates the macrophage and reverts to status quo." Horito flexes and clenches his fingers and sighs, "Ahh, that´s better." "Now, what are we selling?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

Rourke pauses briefly to mentally unpack this answer. "Right. So, a travelling drug cook then?"

"I'm surprised someone unpleasant hasn't laid claim to your expertise, and stashed you in a drug lab somewhere to manufacture their wares. The sort of lab where you might never be allowed to see the light of day again." Rourke says this conversationally, with no judgement on his voice.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Precisely... I prefer to have my freedom." He eyes Rourke: "You don´t have a habit tying down newcomers in your lab-bay, do you?" Hiroto smiles wide, waiting for the captain to proclaim a verdict of him beeing accepted as the local Heisenberg.
TVblog

Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

Rourke smiles. "Well, I've only just sought a position with this crew, myself. But, no, we were not in the habit of kidnapping drug cooks in the Navy."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"So, what do I have to do to get a pass to ride along to prove my worth, captain?" Horito says to captain Malcom. He straightens his face and drops the mad drug-cook persona. "I can also pilot a ship in a pinch and am a whiz at a little bit of everything. We learn as long as we live to regret our mistakes, right?" He smiles again. "That was what Benny the barman at the Beanstalk bar use to say back on Terra."
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Ota and Mary
"You can sit"- he says to Ota, he doesn't seem to have notice what happened.
"About the ore, everyone wants it. But you see, we were completly caught by surprise by the.. " he seems to hesitate and then says: "strike. So we don't have any reserves because we sold all to the big companies to avoid being sued. We were hoping to see all solved by now. Problem is, it isn't".

Rourke and Hiroto
You see the girl pushing the captain and have a... discussion? You don't hear them but it seems very intense until he says something and she finally agreed. The captain returns and say:
"Well, a doctor and a navigator seem to fine but talk is cheap and until you prove your worth, you will be both in probation: you will work and have a berth and food. Do you agreed with this terms?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sounds fair and fine to me." Horito replies to the offer and makes a sign with his right index finger as to salute captain Malcom on the way down from the salute, the gesture mimics an 18th century bowing to the woman and his hand soon finds a pack of unfiltered tar-pins. He lights one up and inhales. He exhales the smoke over his shoulder not to bother any of the people gathered. "So, bunkmates, Rourke, what about that?"
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

To the woman, Horito adds, "Miss, I totally forget my manners. Horito Yang, now at your call." He once again finds himself managing standing i a straight manner. Not seemingly much affected by the tar-pin. If not anything I must remember to talk less. Like a hero - only say the cool bits. He reflects.
TVblog

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Ota sat, pulling his jacket straight. ”Thank you,” he said. ”I don’t understand why they don’t send in the marines and sort them out.”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Rourke:

"I am happy to work my passage. I accept."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Do you know what caused the strike?" asks Mary. "What are the miners' demands? Maybe we can help settle it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mary and Ota

"Well," he seems to hesitate and say: "The problem is that I am not sure that is a strike. You see, everything started 5 days ago in the mining city of "Calamity. Our local manager sent me in a report where he mentioned that there was a minor problem in one of the galeries, with a team of miners missing. The next day, they were hit by a storm and suddenly we were contacted by a women who don't belong to our staff, saying that they were being attacked and asking for help but we couldn't understand half she said and then the comunication stoped. All the transports of ore are made by train and there is a single line to "Calamity city"; then all the other mining cities connect to it. We have contact with the other cities, but they say that the trains stop at that city. Our police sent a team and then the mayor said it was only a strike. But why don't anyone answer from that city? I'm thinking of sending someone to investigate.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Rourke and Hiroto

The girl makes a timid smile to Hiroto.
"Well, now that everything is solved, We are going to talk with Amber to get all the pieces that Kathy needs to repair the ship."
Tanaka smiles and say:
"Actually, about that, you may have a problem. You see, Amber is missing since he own a lot of money to the Tcherenko brothers. He has spend a lot of money gambling. so they have ocupied his warehouse."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe our crew could check it out for you," says Mary, "possibly in exchange for a discount once the ore starts moving again." She's sure that he realizes that until the ore starts moving, he won't be able to sell any at any price.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mary and Ota

"Well, seems a plan to me. We have an automatic locomotive that you can use: it is easy to reprogram to return if you have any problem. About the reward, yes I can make you a discount of 50% of the price. What do you think? "

Return to “Traveller- Horror on Planet Xotli”