January 13 - Gremanci factory

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: January 13 - Gremanci factory

Post by robertod »

The information revealed is roughly all the Gremanci can report regarding the statue. Consulting the books took a couple of hours. It's half past three in the morning. Investigators are blaming fatigue.

It appears to be something similar to what happened to you, but more serious and advanced. If it is the effect of Simulacrum that affects the body parts, the severity seems to depend on the exposure time.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It has gotten late," says Feliciy, stifling a yawn. "I've stayed up all night before, but not everybody is as young and healthy as I am, and I wouldn't mind catching forty winks myself. Let's head to our new digs and get some shuteye. We can check it out in the middle of the day."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'We'll be rather on display if we climb up that clocktower in the daylight. What about getting in there tonight, before the Blackshirts get the chance to interfere? We can sleep on the train.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm game if you are," says Felicity with a smile.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 39 times

"Yes, let's keep going. I learned how to soldier on doing late shifts at the hospital. Too bad there isn't tea or coffee nearby."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Did someone mention tea?" Clarence splutters awake; he's been sleeping soundly, his head resting on his arms at the table. He looks at his watch, "I say, it's late. Or even early now."
He puts his coat on ready to leave.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Turning red again and spluttering, Andrew says, 'Always ready for action...uh, I mean, ready to take action...'

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”