January 13 - Giubecca Island

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: January 13 - Giubecca Island

Post by aine »

“It may not be safe for us all to return to the hotel to collect Maria. Perhaps some of us should continue to the station with Giorgio whilst the others go via the hotel.” Clarence suggests.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I would go to the hotel," says Felicity, "but she's still disguised as me. It might be amusing if someone saw the two of us together, but it could also be dangerous. I'd best go to the station."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

The renowned family of doll makers is well-known in Venice. Giorgio can provide the address of their shop, situated in the heart of the city.

Upon reaching the hotel's reception, the clerk cautions the investigator that two men affiliated with the Blackshirts had inquired about the English guests. Although the clerk informed them that the guests were not present, he firmly believes that the fascists will return. He expresses considerable annoyance with the situation and discloses that the owner desires to avoid any legal troubles.

Giorgio and Maria reunite on the platforms of Venice station. They escape on the Orient Express bound for Milan, ensuring they are out of immediate reach from Rossini. Maria and Giorgio express deep gratitude to the investigators. Giorgio extends an invitation to stay at one of his comrade's houses in Venice. Maria embraces each of her new English friends before boarding the train. The Express departs for Milan at 12:40 P.M. As the investigators bid farewell to Maria and Giorgio safely, a fleeting sense of warmth, contentment, and romance fills their hearts.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Felicity clasps her hands under her chin and sighs. "One day I'm going to find a perfect love like that," she says. "Of course, the best way for me to do that is to sample various men until I find the right one. Right, we'll have to avoid the hotel so we don't run into the blackshirts. We'll have to go back at some point to collect the other statue pieces and our luggage, but first we can find the leg."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 147 times
Archie thanks Giorgio for his thoughtful invitation.

Archie smiles warmly. "I hope you do, Miss Heyward, too. I hope you do, too. And I hope that when you do, it's not a policeman or a doctor. I happen to know they both keep awfully long hours sometimes."

"Yes, the leg is our next order of business."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Looking scandalised by Felicity's suggestions, Andrew splutters, 'Yes, well, um, time to get this search over with and out of this open sewer of a city.'

All his previous enthusiasm for the sights of Venice has been purged from Andrew after getting shot at and chased by the blackshirts. He's acutely aware that an international incident is just around the corner and he's not ready to have to call in any favours from the British government just yet.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“Perhaps we should find this house of Georgio”s so we all know where it is in case we need a bolt hole. And then off to find the statue.” Clarence says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, let's do that," says Felicity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death