January 13 - Maria´s house

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: January 13 - Maria´s house

Post by robertod »

Felicity manages to climb down and finds herself on the street. Quickly, she moves out of sight of the guard at the door. Archie and Andrew approach the house again and meet up with Felicity. Meanwhile, Clarence accompanies Maria to the hotel. In the end, within half an hour, the group gathers at the hotel together with Maria. Maria explains that Rossini is forcing her to marry him. She is immensely grateful for the help she received from the investigators. She wants to take the next train back to Milan, but first she must locate her boyfriend, Giorgio, and convince him to leave Venice with her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's a good idea, Maria," says Felicity. "We'll help you find him and get both of you lovebirds on a train. I'm glad I was able to help. Before you go, can you please tell us what you know of the statue of Saint Isidore that your late father was restoring, and where it is now?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 212 times
"That sounds like a good plan to me," I say. "We will happily pay for the tickets for you. The name of the statue would be a great help."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Where might we find Giorgio?' asks Andrew. 'I'm not sure it is wise for you to be going out in public Miss Stagliani, not with the Blackshirts roaming the streets.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, perhaps you should stay disguised as me for now, Maria," says Felicity, "though I may want to change clothes so I'm not mistaken for you any longer." She giggles. "Can you just imagine two of me? I'd be beside myself!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Being deeply grateful to the investigators, Maria is willing to help the investigators with pleasure.
"I remember, it was some years ago. My father brought that tacky sculpture home. A few days later, Nanni, a sculptor in Venice, came to get it to restore it. Nanni was in desperate need of money and the pay that the church would give for the restoration was a pittance. Nanne wanted to sell it. My father was doubtful, but in the end he decided to help Nanne. My father donated the staute to Nanne, for him to do what he wished. My father would get away with the church somehow. Nobody liked that statue and even the church wanted to get rid of it."

Maria can tell Nanni's address. It is an apartment on the island of Giubecca. It is the same one provided by the priest.

"Giorgio, my boyfriend... I don't know where he is right now. He also has problems with the black shirts. So.. it´s complicated. But... Nanni, when you find Nanni, he will be able to tell you where to find Giorgio too. Surely. Threy´re close friends. "

Maria asks for a sheet of paper at the hotel reception and quickly writes a message. Translated from italian, the message reads:

My love, please listen to what these English people tell you. They helped me when Rossini tried to do what I feared. I'll wait for you at Palazzo Gritti. We must leave soon. Please come quickly.
Your Maria.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Felicity. "We'll go see Nanni once I'm looking more like myself. I suppose it's for the best that I'm not really twins. The world couldn't handle two Felicity Haywards. It can barely manage one."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

OOC:   At this time is late at night. Are you going to see Nanni now or tomorrow?  
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Clarence looks at his watch,
"I imagine it would be hard to find a ferry at this time of night. Shall we start first thing? We can hope the black shirts will be having a lie in in the morning."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Tonight," says Felicity. "It's only a matter of time before they notice Maria's gone, and then they're going to come looking for her. They know we're staying here, and they know I was at her house last night right before she disappeared."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'By morning the Blackshirts will know what we have done and we will be watched much more closely, if they don't do something more...drastic.'
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 86 times

"Yes, tonight. The sooner, the better," Archie said. "I sure could use some caffeine, but I learned to soldier on late at night at the hospital. We should push on."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm also used to late nights, doing...the things I do," says Felicity, "and a good cup of tea goes a long way toward keeping me going, but if there's no time, let's go at once."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”