January 13 - San Marco Basilica

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: January 13 - San Marco Basilica

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Felicity. She turns to her companions. "Shall we have dinner now?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

Having already met a few of the blackshirts, Archie can't help but shiver a little as the clerk sings their praises. "Well, those guys didn't exactly make a good first impression on me. I hope this Rossini is a more pleasant fellow."

Then to Felicity, "Dinner sounds delightful."
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

The group gathers in the hotel´s restaurant for dinner to decide their next move.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The next step is to talk to Maria," says Felicity, after ordering a thick, juicy steak. "She'll probably know where her father was working on the statue and may even have access to it. We may want to go this evening. If we wait until morning, the blackshirts are likely to show up again first. They probably weren't surprised that we weren't here during the day, but they'll figure we'd likely sleep here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Any chance of a bit of beef Wellington?,' asks Andrew. 'I do find this foreign food to be a bit strongly flavoured, don't you think?'

He orders a drink and sits with it sullenly for a few minutes. 'These darned Blackshirts could scupper our plans. I don't want to end up in prison or seeing the wrong end of a stiletto. But it does look like Miss Stagliani is our best lead. Is it going to be safer walking the streets of Venice at night or during the day?'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm rather fond of Italian food myself," says Felicity. "English food isn't the greatest, though much depends on the chef. The streets, or should I say the canals, could be dangerous at any time. I frequently go out at night in London, though I always have company when I do, and I haven't been in any danger, but this is another place entirely."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 2249 times

Archie sips his wine. It's magnificent, but it does nothing to dull the tingle in his arm, and he wonders if it will ever stop. For the thousandth time since they left, he wonders if he will ever see his home again. If the Turks have anything to do with it, he supposes not. She sighs and forces himself to stop playing with the risotto and take a bite.

"Yes, I suppose Miss Stagliani is our next stop. I hope she does still have access to the statue."

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”