January 12 - Milano - Hospital, Andrew arrives

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

January 12 - Milano - Hospital, Andrew arrives

Post by robertod »

Meanwhile, Andrew arrives at the psychiatry ward and also enters Caterina's room.

Caterina's sad face now shows a glimmer of vivacity, when she is asked to talk about Fenalik. Her words become full of fascination.

"Dreams? oh no... he was real like you and me... and he was very good to me... he came into the shed and saved me. When I got out, all I wanted was to make Virginia pay for what she did to me. He helped me with that. He said he would find me again afterwards, we would go away together... but he still has things to do..."

Suddenly, he seek the eyes of the investigators. Her gaze and voice are now perfidious, almost threatening.

"He told me... someone stole something that belongs to him and... he wants it back."

According to Archie´s medical knowledge, it is quite clear that Caterina has a very serious psychotic clinical picture, with components of manic delirium and paranoia.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: January 12 - Milano - Hospital, Andrew arrives

Post by Mephistophilis »

Getting the others attention, Andrew reports back on what he saw. 'Faccia and his men seem to have recruited a number of our Turkish friends. We have about two hours to catch the train or we can wait here to see whether Faccia is going to uphold his part of a bargain struck at gunpoint. I know where my vote goes.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right," says Felicity. "Let's grab our luggage and go. I'm good at manipulating men, but it would be difficult with so many all at once, especially if they're actively trying to kill us. I'm sorry, Caterina, but we're going to have to leave now. We'll check up on you on our way back."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“If Fenalick wants the statue back- or the scrolls then that makes him enemy No. er … one, I suppose. I agree, let’s skedaddle.” Clarence agrees.
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 192 times

Archie rubs his tingling arm. He has enough experience not to let his full knowledge of the situation color his bedside demeanor. He continues to smile brightly as he follows the conversation.

"I vote for heading for the train, as well. It has been a delight meeting you, signorina. We will definitely check in on you."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'On our return journey we will come back to see you Miss Cavollaro,' says Andrew. 'By then I hope we should know enough about this...sorcery, that we will be able to reverse it for you. Do not despair!'

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”