January 12 - Milano - La Scala

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: January 12 - Milano - La Scala

Post by robertod »

Luisa sighs and answers in a low voice, almost in a whisper.
"He is one of the patrons. But it is better that you stay away from him. We are living in difficult times and the theater has had financial difficulties. For this La Scala has had to seek funding from unusual patrons."

The woman says nothing more, clearly implying that she doesn't want to get into trouble.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We know he operated on Conti and Virginia," says Felicity, "and we suspect he had something to do with Caterina's disappearance. Please, if you tell us what you know, you could help us find her."

Using Flattery.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 383 times
"Please, signora," Archie added. Then moving closer, he surreptitiously slipped a generous number of the bills he had changed into local currency at the hotel.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Luisa ask the group to help her taking one of the mannequins out of the studio, with an excuse. She is unwilling to talk with the other two women nearby. Even when the group is out, she is hesitant. She is tempted to accept the money, but then retracts and asks for more. Eventually the investigators are forced to give up almost everything they have in their pockets. She is visibly scared as she speaks.

"Faccia is a doctor from a wealthy Milanese family, but he´s also the leader of a gang of local criminals. In the last days before Caterina´s disappearance, that Faccia was sticking around here in the theater during rehearsals. He seemed to be up to something. There was another guy with him. Another patron. He looks foreigner. Arabian... maybe Turk... One evening, while I was tidying things up in the storeroom, I heard Faccia talking to someone in the corridor. He said he'll take care of Spinola. Then he left with the other person. I couln´t see who he or she was. But when I read about the unionist in the newspaper, I really felt bad. If you go to the police with this story, I will deny everything and tell them you guys are liars."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Clarence waggles his eyebrows knowingly.
“Please don’t worry; whatever you tell us will go no further.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

At the mention of the Turk, Andrew leans in towards the woman, fixing her with an unflinching gaze. 'Please think very carefully when you answer, this Turk, did he look like...' and Andrew describes Makyrat and his doppelgangers.

Using Interrogation
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Your secret is safe with us," says Felicity. She isn't exactly known for her discretion, but in this case she'll make sure she keeps it quiet. "Where does Dr. Faccia have his practice? And where does he live?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

The woman does not have a very detailed recollection of the foreigner's features
"Moorish skin, thick moustache... yes, it could be him, even if these rude people from Middle East... they all look a bit alike... to my eyes, at least."
Turning to Felicity
"Faccia is one of the senior hospital's chief physicians, although he hasn't operated frequently in recent years. Mostly, he assists and teaches young surgeons. His house is on Via Gesù, a street located in the city center, between via Monte Napoleone and via della Spiga. "
She looks at the wristwatch.
"Anyway, in less than an hour you'll find him here for the premiere. Patrons usually come early for an aperitif before the show."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, we'll have to meet him then," says Felicity. "We'll be attending as well. That reminds me, I need to change my clothes for it!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“We’re going to busy with those aperitifs!” Clarence remarks. He thanks Luisa for her help, setting the mannequin down as per instructions.
“Madame, is it black tie? Should we change before the show?”
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

"Of course it is black tie, sir."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Scoffing at Clarence, Andrew remarks, 'The question is not whether it is black tie old boy. It's whether it's white tie!'

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”