January 12 - Milano - Next morning

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: January 12 - Milano - Next morning

Post by robertod »

"Yes, I was told that Catherine's voice was heard last night. Virgilia will be her substitute at the opening night. It is probable that she was preparing. They say her voice doesn't quite match Caterina's, but she seems to have improved a lot lately. However, I'm not a connoisseur to the point of distinguishing well. Yes, I know Virginia. We are good friends."

The apartment has common furniture and paintings that represent landscapes. Nothing blatantly esoteric.
He´s more relaxed than the last time Virginia met him. He seems honest.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Andrew notes Conti's frailty. He gestures out the window, 'This cold really gets into your bones, doesn't it.' He studies the man's reaction closely, 'I do hope Miss Caterina is able to keep out of the cold, wherever she might be.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I thought you might be," says Felicity, though she knows that Virginia had denied it last night. She's inclined to take his word over hers. "Caterina gave us tickets for opening night, and we certainly plan to be there. Virginia had an operation recently that seems to have affected her voice. Do you know who her doctor is?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Archie walks around a bit until the cold is gone from his feet. While pretending to look for alcohol, he gives the room an extra sweep with his eyes before coming back to the others.

"Yes, as a doctor, I would love to hear more about those techniques. It's a little scary how good the guy is."
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

"Oh... he actually did a great job. Yes, I know him, he treated me too. I had terrible tuberculosis which nearly killed me. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't be here. His name is Arturo Faccia. It's not easy to have a meeting with him without a recommendation."
He pauses for a few seconds to think, then replies with a smile.
"Listen. He will be present tonight at the premiere of Aida. He is one of the patrons of the theatre. Tonight I'll introduce him to you. What about?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, that would be wonderful!" says Felicity. "One of my friends is having trouble with his arm. Maybe he could take a look."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Archie shot Felicity a look. Doctors were infamous for being terrible patients. And he'd been trying to cure the tingling with big doses of denial and testosterone, neither of which had worked. And that would give us ample opportunity to interrogate him about the voice change. He sighed. "Well... I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask."

"Thank you," he said as he shook the man's hand. "Errr... I mean, grazie..."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“Yes, thank you.” Says Clarence shaking his hand. “Hopefully we might see the you and the doctor before the performance, it’s always hard finding each other afterwards.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Andrew nods, this is a good lead. He itches to confront the man about Spinola's death but the warning from the Italian policeman repeats in his mind. Perhaps just the slightest provocation...

'You know, I saw a man recently who could have benefited from just such a doctor,' he notes. 'Killed in some kind of ritual...grisly stuff.' He shakes his head and watches Conti closely for his reaction.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Conti makes a face of amazement. He replies in an amused tone of voice.
"Oh... seriously... ? Well, Milan is a dangerous city. There are all kinds of people. I suggest that you enjoy what beauty it has to offer. Crime reporting is definitely not the most interesting that you can find to make your stay pleasant."

He's grinning forcibly to hide the concern expressed by his gaze.

OOC:   Let me know when you´ve done here with Conti. Keep in mind you still have a whole day before the premiere night.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm done, unless someone else has an idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

I can't think of anything else to do with Conti without riling him. We could go and check out that building the singer disappeared into or do some research into Arturo Faccia. We could also talk to the theatre director or producer to check out whether Virginia is really replacing Caterina - it all seems very fishy
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, let's go to La Scala next and talk to people there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte