January 11 - Police station - Andrew and Archie find Felicity.

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

January 11 - Police station - Andrew and Archie find Felicity.

Post by robertod »

After being warned of the crime, the police commissioner Mario Crespi sends a group of policemen to the scene. Andrew, Archie and Felicity are held at the police station to make a statement and for clarifications.

Crespi is visibly perplexed by what has happened, but he makes an effort to maintain a formal posture. While he nervously smokes one cigarette after another, the commissioner makes the three improvised investigators a lot of questions and reproaches. In a cordial and polite but also authoritative way.

"How did you end up at that warehouse? What were you doing around there? I thought you were friends of Signora Cavollaro and that was all. How did you come up with the idea of being detectives in the Spinola case? You're getting into trouble with dangerous people. Let us deal with the investigations and stay away from troubles. We will keep you informed during your stay, but don't play the detective anymore. We have enough problems here, alredy. I don't want to deal with the British embassy asking me to investigate on your death."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: January 11 - Police station - Andrew and Archie find Felicity.

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Don't blame me," says Felicity, who for once is not the troublemaker, though she is usually a walking international incident. "I wasn't there. All I did was talk to Signore Conti."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 252 times
OOC:   Assuming that Felicity translates again.  
Archie was red-faced. With every question the man asked, the more Archie's arm tingled. He wanted to chop it off, but dug fingernails into his palm until the thought he felt blood. That was better. He knew the man was only doing his job, but it was frustrating for someone who is accustomed to being listened TO rather than being the listener. He looked at Felicity and back at Andrew for moral support before speaking in English.

"It was...we are friends with the signora, and we only wanted to help her. It was probably unwise, you are right. Sorry."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

As Felicity translates the Italian's rebukes and reproaches, Andrew grows more angry and flustered. These ignorant foreign clod-hoppers, no idea when a significant lead is staring them in the face. Beholden to vested interests... He struggles to maintain his composure but cannot help but let a little sarcasm creep into his voice, hopefully glossed over by |Felicity's interpreting.

'Of course, of course, we understand, administering justice without fear or favour...'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Felicity translates, and she adds a little embellishment of her own. "I'm afraid it is my fault after all," she says. "After I went to speak to Signore Conti alone, these two dear gentlemen, out of concern for my safety, decided to confirm for themselves whether he really was dangerous, and that is why they investigated. As soon as they made their discovery, they rushed right away to rescue me."

Using Flattery.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

The Police commissioner Crespi makes his notes, keeping the group at the station for a while, asking general questions about their provenance and their possible links with Mrs. Cavollaro and Mr. Conti. Most questions are asked as a formality. When all the answears finally satisfy him, he Crespi stands up from and after taking a long drag on his cigarette, he says:

"Okay... okay You can go. But stay out of trouble and leave the investigation to us."

Having said this, he asks one of his agents to kindly take the group back to their hotel. When the group leaves the police station outside the air has cooled and was moistened by a thick fog, which often forces the car to slow down. Along the way to the hotel, the shy young policeman driver takes advantage to learn a little English. The car eventually reaches the neoclassical buildings of historical center and gets to the hotel.

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”