January 10 - Edgar´s study - Andrew

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

January 10 - Edgar´s study - Andrew

Post by robertod »

Suddenly, Andrew hears noises coming from Edgar's study, although he didn't see anyone entering the house. When the investigator arrives in the room, he finds Edgar lying on the floor, still asleep. The man is moving. He stirs in his sleep in a confused way without however changing position. His face looks scared.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: January 10 - Edgar´s study - Andrew

Post by Mephistophilis »

Andrew looks over the sleeping man, groaning and writhing, unsure what to do. He tries shaking him to see if he can wake him up and escape whatever it is that vexes him in the dream world.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Edgar Wellington shakes in fear and wakes up sweating. The moment Wellington opens his eyes, Andrew sees a small case physically materializing in the hands of the waking man. The object takes on physicality gradually within a few seconds.

Wellington gets up panting and immediately looks around. His face has an expression of comfort as he recognizes the environment around. The fact that Andrew is in his house in his study does not seem to be a threat nor his main issue. He calms down.

"This case contains the scroll you are looking for, Sir."

Andrew is able to touch and see that the case is physically real.
OOC:   1-point-Stability test  
"It was kept in a place that does not belong to this world. I managed to get it before the Duke you met here could imprison me there. Your friend helped me to get away I am grateful to him. I don't know how he got there...."

He takes a look at the table and the bottle. But I think I can guess it.
"Anyway, he got out from there too. Wherever he lies sleeping, he should wake up soon."

Edgar takes on a firm tone in his voice.
"If you still want this scroll, we can agree on a price and proceed with the transaction. I would like to do that as soon as possible. Also, after taking possession of it, I suggest that you and your friends leave Lausanne. You might be in danger here."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Watching the case appear, Andrew's eyes widen in disbelief. 'I am glad you are safe sir, you looked quite distressed in your sleep. I'm afraid we kept an eye on the place, just for security's sake you understand old boy. When we realised you weren't going to make it to our meeting a couple of us stayed behind. We got rather worried about you and took a look inside. I'm afraid my colleague may have accidentally sampled your concoction and I had him carried back to the hotel when he fell asleep. I'm glad he was of some help to you and I can assure you that we remain interested in the scroll. But the others have gone to meet with the Duke, are they safe? Is the Duke a risk to us and you in the waking world?'

Despite what they read, Andrew is still quite taken aback to see the evidence of it in the flesh. He realises time is probably of the essence. 'I suggest heading back to our hotel to meet with the others and agree a price. Will your brother be safe here?'

L1d6
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Edgar replies:
"No, I don´t think we are safe from the Duke here in Lausanne."
"God only knows what else he´s capable of..."

While the two are talking, they see Felicity and Clarence arriving at the house doorstep.
OOC:   Please continue to Chapter Epilogue thread  

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”