January 10 - The 7.30 Club - Felicity and Clarence

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

January 10 - The 7.30 Club - Felicity and Clarence

Post by robertod »

Felicity and Clarence arrive at the small and gracious café in the historical center of Lausanne one hour after the sun and set and air became colder. Only the third member of the 7:30 Club arrives, Maximillian von Wurtheim. Blond hair, blue eyes, and six feet tall, von Wurtheim’s Prussian lineage is quite apparent. He is not wealthy, nor does he enjoy work, so to survive he lives by his good looks, his innate charm, and the kindness of others. He is a confidence man. Max strolls in at eight, introduces himself, and furnishes apologies for the Duke, explaining that the man has been delayed by last-minute business, and will be along as soon as possible. He wonders why Wellington has not come yet.

The meal at the cafe is excellent, unassuming, and cheap. A conversationalist who does not know the meaning of the words ‘draw breath,’ von Wurtheim entertains the investigators by relating his life story. The story Max tells involves an ancestral fortune, a father who dies on his way to change the will, an evil brother who hates Max.
He orders a round of drinks and coffee, and smiles.

Now, tell me of yourselves.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: January 10 - The 7.30 Club - Felicity and Clarence

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm Felicity Hayward, of the London Haywards," says Felicity, slipping off her luxurious black fur coat now that she's indoors and displaying her elegant dress beneath. It isn't very revealing due to the weather, but it is rather tight. She extends her hand to Max, expecting him to kiss it in the Continental style. "I'm very pleased to meet you. I'm rather the black sheep of my family, which is of course quite wealthy. The newspapers refer to me as 'Wayward Miss Hayward,' 'England's answer to Alice Roosevelt,' and my personal favourite, 'Felicity Haywire.' I'm not mad, but I am madcap. I have a feeling we're going to get a long like a house on fire. Not that I've ever actually set a house on fire, but I have wrecked a few."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Clarence smiles grimly as the duo strive outdo each other; he feels very much the gooseberry here and almost wishes the Duke would turn up.
“Clarence Dalrymple, antiquities.” He mutters when pushed and then goes back to some industrious pipe and tobacco work, happy to let Felicity star on the proceedings.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Max enjoys the company of the two English visitors. He strikes up a conversation with Felicity about the worldly gossip of the bourgeoisie and aristocracy in England and in the Continent. At one point, the Duke appears, elegantly dressed and walking briskly. He apologizes for the delay and greets Clarence and Felicity very cordially.
"Oh... I'm sorry to have interrupted your conversation, sirs and madam, please go ahead."
He sits at the table and listen to the conversation going on. After a few minutes, he politely introduce another issue:
"Well... at this point... I don't think Edgar will be coming. He must have had a mishap, maybe at the bank."
"I can see that the lady and her companions are interested in finds and artifacts of historical value. I have a considerable collection in my house. Would you like to visit it? Since we both have an interest in Edgar´s scroll .. perhaps we can make a deal."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I never repeat gossip," Felicity says to Max, "so listen closely." She turns when the Duke speaks. "How can you be sure Edgar won't come? Perhaps he simply took a nap and overslept. Why don't we check his place and see if he's there?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“I must say, it’s very odd, Sir, that you immediately assume Edgar has had a mishap.” Clarence frowns at the Duke but his ears prick up at the mention of the collection of artifacts.

“That would be very interesting to see.” He says. “It’s probably Edgar’s brother William who had thrown a spanner in the works. We could send a message to say where we are going.”

At the earliest opportunity he whispers to Felicity, “So you not think it might be best to keep the Duke away from Edgar’s house- give Andrew a clear field, so to speak.”
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“I must say, it’s very odd, Sir, that you immediately assume Edgar has had a mishap.” Clarence frowns at the Duke but his ears prick up at the mention of the collection of artifacts.

“That would be very interesting to see.” He says. “It’s probably Edgar’s brother William who had thrown a spanner in the works. We could send a message to say where we are going.”

At the earliest opportunity he whispers to Felicity, “Do you not think it might be best to keep the Duke away from Edgar’s house- give Andrew a clear field, so to speak.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He's up to something," Felicity whispers back. "It's best if we're all together if he tries anything."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Clarence says to the Duke,
“If it’s on the way, maybe we should stop at Edgar’s house to see if he requires assistance.”
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

The Duke shrugs.
"Edgar has always been on time for our meetings. I don't think he will come later."
"Madam... Sir"
He bows at Felicity and Clarence
"I have enjoyed your company. But since Edgar won't be coming, I prefer to retire to my abode.
If you want to know my collection during your stay in Lausanne, you´ll be welcome.
"
He leaves his address written on a piece of paper, then goes towards the exit door of the café.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Perhaps we shall," says Felicity. After the Duke is gone, she turns to Clarence. "Shall we go collect Andrew?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“Hmm.” Clarence follows Felicity out of the cafe.

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”